Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://m.fark.com/comments/10927040?from_page=politics

JFC

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue

They great irony of people like hovey is that they volunteer for the military- because they feel some kind of responsibility to "protect the USA."

Which is to say, they are happy to go out and sacrifice their lives to kill other people to "save American lives" but can't be inconvenienced to make any sacrifices to actually save American Lives. There have been far, far, far more Covid deaths than US injuries because of terrorism. Or some kind of threat from Iraq (which was total BS). And people live hovey will *****, moan, complain, and blame for the handful of deaths in Bengazzzziiiiii but ignore the hundreds of thousands dying when they can do something about it.

Not sure how people like that can even operate.
      What's galling is that we have a 9/11-worth of deaths every 2-3 days and have for weeks and weeks now. But no big deal, right? 9/11 changed everything! But why we gotta do anything for this?
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Way to go Iowa

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...33020935200769

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue

They great irony of people like hovey is that they volunteer for the military- because they feel some kind of responsibility to "protect the USA."

Which is to say, they are happy to go out and sacrifice their lives to kill other people to "save American lives" but can't be inconvenienced to make any sacrifices to actually save American Lives. There have been far, far, far more Covid deaths than US injuries because of terrorism. Or some kind of threat from Iraq (which was total BS). And people live hovey will *****, moan, complain, and blame for the handful of deaths in Bengazzzziiiiii but ignore the hundreds of thousands dying when they can do something about it.

Not sure how people like that can even operate.
          I don't think you have a very good read on me at all, not that I would expect you to spend any time trying to come up with one. I'm not really a "join the military" kind of guy. I don't have anything against the military, and I have respect for those who have given themselves to that life. I just have no desire to go out and kill anyone, or even be trained to go out and kill anyone, and I'm not that keen on the idea of getting shot myself.

As for terrorism, I doubt I've made a post about terrorism on this board. I think it was Joe who republished the 9/11 thread awhile back, and I remember skimming through it. I don't think I made a single post in that thread. I certainly didn't post on Benghazi. In fact, doing so would probably be against my nature, since I tend not to get too worked up over things.

Posters can continue to speculate on my motives or misrepresent my beliefs. I don't care. I think if you boiled it all down and took a candid look at my posts, the principal theme is that I tend towards a que sera sera outlook on events. If you want to be critical of that, fine, but I don't expect to change. I don't worry about the things that I can't change, or even those things that create the illusion I can change them.

That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Tuscaloosa closing bars. For something that doesn't effect young people much it's pretty weird they seem to think without protecting these kids from themselves the local hospital would become overwhelmed in about 4 weeks.
            https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...es/5623315002/

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I don't think you have a very good read on me at all, not that I would expect you to spend any time trying to come up with one. I'm not really a "join the military" kind of guy. I don't have anything against the military, and I have respect for those who have given themselves to that life. I just have no desire to go out and kill anyone, or even be trained to go out and kill anyone, and I'm not that keen on the idea of getting shot myself.

As for terrorism, I doubt I've made a post about terrorism on this board. I think it was Joe who republished the 9/11 thread awhile back, and I remember skimming through it. I don't think I made a single post in that thread. I certainly didn't post on Benghazi. In fact, doing so would probably be against my nature, since I tend not to get too worked up over things.

Posters can continue to speculate on my motives or misrepresent my beliefs. I don't care. I think if you boiled it all down and took a candid look at my posts, the principal theme is that I tend towards a que sera sera outlook on events. If you want to be critical of that, fine, but I don't expect to change. I don't worry about the things that I can't change, or even those things that create the illusion I can change them.
              In short, you don't give a **** about anyone but yourself. Big surprise.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Herman Cain who?

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...13743838900225

Comment

• Whelp, my county here in IL is ending indoor service in Bars/resturaunts for the time being... Outdoor is ok for the most part. Seems that they are going to be upping enforcement as well... Cue the outrage in 3..... 2.... 1.....

Also, how long before we start having Speak Easy's with all this going on? I can seriously see this becoming a thing for White Trash America...
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    Also, how long before we start having Speak Easy's with all this going on? I can seriously see this becoming a thing for White Trash America...
                    "How long before" was 3 months ago.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• SO the latest floating around college sports circles is the study showing 1 in 5 athletes with a + test end up with myocarditis. The study is small but the reaction runs the gammit from planning to Cardiac MRI anyone who catches it to pretending they don't know so they can still play football.

Comment

• For some reason link made me think of this thread Sociopathic traits linked to non-compliance with mask guidelines and other COVID-19 containment measures

https://www.psypost.org/2020/08/soci...WWiNLEDKFWkI8g

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          SO the latest floating around college sports circles is the study showing 1 in 5 athletes with a + test end up with myocarditis. The study is small but the reaction runs the gammit from planning to Cardiac MRI anyone who catches it to pretending they don't know so they can still play football.
                          Lot of different factors in play but couldn’t help but notice how unimpressive Novak was tonight. Maybe it’s just rust or something but he was nowhere close to his normal level. Had some sort of neck injury too. Not sure if that is covid related.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Lot of different factors in play but couldn’t help but notice how unimpressive Novak was tonight. Maybe it’s just rust or something but he was nowhere close to his normal level. Had some sort of neck injury too. Not sure if that is covid related.
                            No idea who is Novak

Comment

For some reason link made me think of this thread Sociopathic traits linked to non-compliance with mask guidelines and other COVID-19 containment measures

So, I posted this on my FB page. Got an engineer person (who I knew in HS) who is upset because they are labeling people who do not wear masks as sociopathic. This is report from psych research using psych lingo, describing traits that were found in people who weren't complying with measures. What the fffffffffff. Are we supposed to relabel psych terms so people aren't offended by labeling psych traits? Pansy PCism. As lilnsl said to me "Mum. You are dealing with an Engineer on Social Media. Engineer. Social. [smirk]"

Comment

For some reason link made me think of this thread Sociopathic traits linked to non-compliance with mask guidelines and other COVID-19 containment measures

They don't like the term "sociopath"; they fell "libertarian" sounds nicer.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X