Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All useful information, and simple explanations as to what is true and what isn't, and what we know now versus what we don't. And it is all preaching to the choir.

Last night proved that to me once and for all. I knew the topic of my meeting was going to primarily be masks and the coronavirus. I was thoroughly prepared with the latest information from a variety of (what I thought were) respected healthcare sources, as well as from an employment/labor law standpoint as the latter has been my avocation or profession for over 3 decades. I may as well have been standing at the front of the room shoving berries up my nose.

People on the right do not want to be informed, they do not want to learn, they do not want to admit they don't know something, and they certainly don't want to see how their orange overlord is making this so much worse than it should have been.

On most of my two and 1/2 hour drive home I was depressed and thinking a boatload of very un-Christian and evil thoughts about basically a third of this country. As far as I'm concerned they call all fvck themselves with a coronavirus infected 10 foot pole and when they die they can go straight to hell. I'm tired of the damage they have done to this country and the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Well, one of the patients at my wife’s work tested positive today. She was working with the person yesterday morning.

What blows my mind is she’s not allowed to wear her respirator even though it’s inpatient and none of the other patients have had results back. They’re also not allowed to tell anyone else working on the unit until they come into work. Not even that one of the units tested positive. They’re all walking into a ****ing woodchipper and they have no idea. Our country is broken. HIPAA needs to be fixed. It’s unconscionable they would let someone show up for work without being informed. All you need to say is there’s been a positive test. Don’t even need to say if it’s a patient or an employee.

They're also not allowed to get a test at work until they show symptoms. Just waiting for two weeks hoping and praying they don’t feel sick. But all of the other patients automatically get tested and again at six days. That the therapists can’t wear their respirators or get tested is a ****ing outrage. Wouldn’t the automatic testing for all patients indicate they are aware of an issue? I imagine a good lawyer would see the two testing standards and eat that alive.

So now we have to isolate indefinitely until all patients test negative and so do we. We’re scheduling her for a test this week. But now we get to live in separate parts of the house for at least two weeks. No hugs. No kisses. Can’t even eat together. Masks at home for ****s sake.

This is going to be the ****ing hardest week ever. I’m just so angry I had to vent.
      All because people are idiots. For the good it will do, you and your wife will be in my internet of prayers and good thoughts. Good luck and hopefully you hear some good news quickly. Hang in there.

Comment

• Thanks guys. Thinking about you too ND

This whole thing is ****ed.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Guys we live in a country where people are blaming the media for college football shutting down. Yes the same people that think 5G and Chemtrails are killing us and this whole thing is a hoax truly believe that sports media types (who get paid to cover college football) are conspiring to shut it down to hurt Trump. And they have dip****s in other media positions agreeing with them.

There is no helping the morons so all we can do is help those that are willing to think for a half a second. 30% of this country are Jebs...pretending this is not a big deal and using Sweden as a model for how to do things depite their ridiculous death rate and being nowhere near herd immunity. They cant be helped because they dont want to be helped. Thinking makes their eyes hurt and their ears bleed and as long as they dont die they dont give two ****s if anyone else dies.

dx,

Fingers crossed for you brother.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• And consider that many that survive Covid will have downstream health issues quite possible for the rest of their lives. The impact goes well past immediate death - it's not not only a pass/fail situation.

Comment

• Has anyone on here gone through testing? Specifically in Minnesota, but any help or info would be great.

Need to know what to look for, what to expect, what to avoid, etc.

Seems like the only places that are accepting asymptomatic patients are expensive (Urgency Room - I avoid these people like the plague, they’re insanely expensive)

CVS is testing asymptomatic patients based on criteria but their website seemed to indicate you need to swab yourself. Red flag but wasn’t sure if anyone had gone through that.

Thanks
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Has anyone on here gone through testing? Specifically in Minnesota, but any help or info would be great.

Seems like the only places that are accepting asymptomatic patients are expensive (Urgency Room - I avoid these people like the plague, they’re insanely expensive)

CVS is testing asymptomatic patients based on criteria but their website seemed to indicate you need to swab yourself. Red flag but wasn’t sure if anyone had gone through that.

Thanks
                I did both the swab test and antibody test. The antibody test was a standard blood draw. The swab test was performed by a nurse. Both were at Mayo Clinic.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Thanks. Probably won’t be going down to Rochester. (Wink emoji)
                  Code:

Comment

Has anyone on here gone through testing? Specifically in Minnesota, but any help or info would be great.

Thanks
                    I haven't gotten tested, but my understanding is the swab test is essentially the same as a flu test, which means be prepared to have your brains swirled around. It's quick, but definitely not pleasant.

Comment

• CDC chief of staff, deputy, both resign.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I've been tested once and will again next weekend. One day turnaround (for surgery). Easy drive through. Not comfortable up the nose, but not bad. Over in an instant.

We have free testing twice a week in our town of about 11k now. Haven't spoken to anyone who has used it. Learned yesterday that my best friend, who is 68, has symptoms and tested positive. Very careful guy too. We've cut back on bar-hopping.
                        Last edited by burd; 08-16-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I haven't gotten tested, but my understanding is the swab test is essentially the same as a flu test, which means be prepared to have your brains swirled around. It's quick, but definitely not pleasant.
                          I found it more disconcerting than unpleasant. The nurse said it’ll feel like she lightly touched the rear of my eyeball, and she was right.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• We got scheduled with a major clinic on Wednesday. That’s good because it would be five days after exposure. 50:50 we know before then anyways. Either way, the turnaround is 3-5 days for this clinic. So we’ll have an extremely good idea by end of day Saturday.

Thanks for the info posted on here. We’ve also been talking with several friends off USCHO as well. Here’s what I’ve gathered.

costs are extremely varied. Half free, quarter “small co-pay”, and another quarter depends on insurance. Clinic said they couldn’t give us a quote but would bill insurance*.

Some services like CVS are a nasal swab much like a q-tip. Worth noting CVS won’t test minors because they don’t do the nasopharyngeal swab, though I didn’t push any further about what this this meant since it didn’t really affect us. Some services do the full lobotoswab. Worth noting that only one place we found was providing antibody testing, but we found that fairly suspect and not reassuring, confirmed by their website saying their PCR test was proprietary but “Designed in accordance with FDA specifications” or some such nightmarish red flag.

MN DPH has a great website for finding clinics. Though, the suspect clinic was on there confirming the DPH don’t really have a great screening process. There are drive ups, but they’re limited and scattered.

Got some great tips about making sure you sign up for MyChart (which I think is a front end for Epic. I’m also a huge fan of MyChart and have been using it for a long time). That was good to know. Apparently results will be punished there first and you’ll get a call when they have a chance. Likely that positive tests are prioritized for contact.

I think the hardest part right now is not knowing and trying to find ways to interact without being close. Eating is a challenge because you need to remove your mask. Luckily we have amazing weather so we’ve been eating outside. I’m sure the neighbors are wondering why a couple are sitting there six to ten feet apart, eating. Lol

My wife did crack a wry smile when I said, “Hey, look at the bright side. This gets you out of your share of cooking, dishwashing, and laundry!” Which double sucks since our dishwasher is tentatively scheduled for Saturday. I don’t know what I’m going to do with that. Hope for negative by Friday otherwise call Saturday morning.

Hard being cooped up and not able to be yourselves. I acknowledge we’re probably taking this to an extreme but we know we know nothing about this and we’re taking short term inconvenience instead of a very, very small chance of long term impact.
                            Code:

Comment

• I’ve had four nasal swab Covid tests from my employer as part of maintaining my clearance to go into the office (even though I’m 100% remote now). Last two she asked me if I wanted to do the swab myself. I get an email with a link to my results in a couple days (positive would be an immediate phone call). The nasal swab isn’t unpleasant, but I haven’t had the nasopharyngeal.
                              Last edited by BassAle; 08-16-2020, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• I’m willing to bet Trumps brother died of complications from COVID
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X