Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://***********/i/status/1294002973757054976
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Or people had it and didn’t test.....

which goes to show that it perhaps isn’t dangerous for the masses.
      Statistics show it isn’t dangerous at all to the masses under 65.

That is why Team Panic has shifted to reporting every little random case that pops up in the news. To keep the hysteria and panic going. Ironically it is often an asymptomatic person. As they try to highlight the “dire situation.”

While in reality hospitals are back to normal situations and deaths have returned to historic levels.

but if you keep blasting every death and every case you can keep this thing going as long as you want.

Context has no place in this game.
      Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-15-2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        Met with some of my most virulent anti-mask members last night. 6 of us in a room. 1 mask on. Mine.
        Were you at gunpoint? Why didn't you get out of there?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Well, one of the patients at my wife’s work tested positive today. She was working with the person yesterday morning.

What blows my mind is she’s not allowed to wear her respirator even though it’s inpatient and none of the other patients have had results back. They’re also not allowed to tell anyone else working on the unit until they come into work. Not even that one of the units tested positive. They’re all walking into a ****ing woodchipper and they have no idea. Our country is broken. HIPAA needs to be fixed. It’s unconscionable they would let someone show up for work without being informed. All you need to say is there’s been a positive test. Don’t even need to say if it’s a patient or an employee.

They're also not allowed to get a test at work until they show symptoms. Just waiting for two weeks hoping and praying they don’t feel sick. But all of the other patients automatically get tested and again at six days. That the therapists can’t wear their respirators or get tested is a ****ing outrage. Wouldn’t the automatic testing for all patients indicate they are aware of an issue? I imagine a good lawyer would see the two testing standards and eat that alive.

So now we have to isolate indefinitely until all patients test negative and so do we. We’re scheduling her for a test this week. But now we get to live in separate parts of the house for at least two weeks. No hugs. No kisses. Can’t even eat together. Masks at home for ****s sake.

This is going to be the ****ing hardest week ever. I’m just so angry I had to vent.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Statistics show it isn’t dangerous at all to the masses under 65.

That is why Team Panic has shifted to reporting every little random case that pops up in the news. To keep the hysteria and panic going. Ironically it is often an asymptomatic person. As they try to highlight the “dire situation.”

While in reality hospitals are back to normal situations and deaths have returned to historic levels.

but if you keep blasting every death and every case you can keep this thing going as long as you want.

Context has no place in this game.
            Wait

so nobody under 65 has died from wuhan?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Every little... random... case??

all 60,000 of them per day.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Wait

so nobody under 65 has died from wuhan?
                I don’t think the post said that.

There is a reason that the average death age is over 80 and with 2.6 comorbidities.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/23...age-race-14863

Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-15-2020, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Every little... random... case??

all 60,000 of them per day.
                  First, let’s people clear about 60,000/day. How we are using the PCR test is basically pointless. There aren’t 60,000 active infections per day. Secondly, that doesn’t even get into hour poorly the data has been communicated and “cases” per day have been shown to be an accumulation of data from numerous days, weeks and sometimes months.

And posts and “news” like this serve zero context or actual purpose.

Having to report “cases” like this at the singular level that are asymptomatic are a desperate attempt to keep fear and chaos alive when most everything has returned to normal
                  levels.

https://www.necn.com/news/coronaviru...nAVxx68EaQVGtI Yup. Really smart people playing sport of hockey. Parents- are dumb
                  Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-15-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue
                    BTW, remember testing is down in FL- still almost 10k new cases, and an additional 204 deaths. Yet nothing can be done.

Meanwhile, in a state actually doing something, Michigan had just 153 (confirmed + probable) new cases.

Explain to me why nothing can be done? And why it's working so well in Michigan right now?
                    Michigan’s death per 100,000 is 66. Florida is 43.

Also, Florida has yet to have a day over 200 deaths and peaked back on July 20th

The stupidity is astonishing.

https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/home/it...ltFSOrder#data

Its amazing, people probably think Florida has been over 200 deaths just about every day for a couple months. When in fact it hasn’t happened once.
                    Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-15-2020, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Mass General is down to 14 people in the hospital with Covid. There is one person in the ICU. Out of nearly 1,000 beds, 14 are being used by Covid patients. There is never a level low enough for the restrictions to end.

https://mobile.***********/ianmSC/st...27857319473152

And this is exactly why we have stories about Little Timmy testing positive with no symptoms (and most likely no active infection) at hockey camp. Because the overwhelming threat in most places is gone. And that is all that is left to keep this going, desperation.

The hospitals are good. Time to shift to a Casedemic.
                      Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-15-2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• San Diego

San Diego County has the fewest positive Covid patients in the ICU since April 7th. There are fewer patients in the ICU now than there were under a full lockdown. Because lockdowns work, see. Because we’re told by our betters they work. So they work. Because they work.

Comment

• In my continuing series on masks not saving lives, here is Los Angeles County vs. neighboring counties or states that either don't have mask mandates or implemented them much later, or with limited compliance. LA has required them inside since 4/10. They do not save lives.

https://mobile.***********/ianmSC/st...21968293253120

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            There is absolutely a massive lumber shortage. Enough that Home Depot investors have been murmuring about the impact. That’s a bad sign.

There are other issues too. Canada is out of charcoal. We’ll be next.

Small corners of industry are shutting down and eventually they’ll infect other industries. This is going to ripple.

edit: oh, and all appliances are on two month backorder if you’re lucky.
                            I ordered new kitchen cabinets a month ago, hopefully I get them by September
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue
                              BTW, it's funny that countries that are dealing with single covid cases are called "team panic"- as they are back up and fully running, including sports. And their intention is to make the previous work stick and keep things open.

Like the US should have done. New Zealand is laughing at the US that companies are being forced to close because so many people are getting sick- which is the result of opening up far, far, far too soon. And the entire country is going to suffer the short term greed of not doing enough.

We are doing well here in MI, and thanks to idiots down south, it sounds like getting building materials is going to be pretty darned tough. Add that to this administration cutting off cheap labor from our Mexican neighbors- getting any real work done is going to be a huge challenge.

All of this was predicted by many on this forum. The economic problem of doing nothing was also brought up multiple times. And we all suffer for people not listening and SEEING other countries deal with it, and get back on with life.
                              Michigan is in the top 10 in deaths per 100,000 in the Country. The only two states in the South higher than that are Mississippi and Louisiana.

Glad your perception is, Michigan is doing well. Good news is 4 out of 5 States are doing even better than the State that is doing well, MI. That’s good news.
                              Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-15-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Were you at gunpoint? Why didn't you get out of there?
                                I'm an idiot. That's my only real defense. We were all separated sufficiently since there were only 6 of us in a room set up for 30 or 40 people. It's also my job to advise and represent these morons. But basically, I'm an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X