Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Christ that is a stupid rule...but it probably wouldnt be necessary if people werent selfish *****s.

But yeah that rule is overkill.
    You are correct of course. This is the root of the issue. I'm sure on a busy weekend afternoon there are times when the rail trail is much more crowded (not when I would typically go) that these types ignore the guidance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Am I an anti-mask psychotic because i think that portion of the rule is stupid?

Edit: the other part of this is that our city of almost 20,000 people currently has less than 5 recorded active cases (going by what the state of Mass released this week).
      I think the term refers more to those that absolutely refuse to wear them when it 100% makes sense (in Wal-Mar for instance) and go postal when confronted for refusing to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I think the term refers more to those that absolutely refuse to wear them when it 100% makes sense (in Wal-Mar for instance) and go postal when confronted for refusing to do so.
        In that case, I have to say I kind of agree with Kep... I haven't seen anyone who leans left taking that position on masks. Pretty much is only hard core Trump supporters (at least for what I see)

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

As I said, and I can't believe I'm siding with rover on this, but you need to get outside your hoity toity DC cocktail party circuit and deal with some people out here in the real world.

Sure, all your libbie friends in DC think just like you do. That's why you know what's best for everyone else.
          The problem with this analysis is everything. I work with a solid cross section of people. When I lived in Maryland I lived among a solid cross section of people. Rural and urban. White and POC. Educated and uneducated. Liberal, conservative, and (the majority) center slash unengaged.

You can believe that "soft hands from countin' money" working class hero bullsh-t if you want, but it's just another narrative poured into gullible heads.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue

Watch the news sometime. You see major fights and arguments from people who are the ones that this virus is actually targeting more than any other group. And a group that has not voted conservative for decades.
            I'm guessing you mean the French?

I know there are plenty of moron black people -- exactly the proportion of moron white people. And the Dems have the moron black people because we have all the black people.

But the Republicans have the moron white people, which means they have nine times the number of morons as the Dems.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Yeah but none of us are saying it is equal...just that your assertion that they dont exist is wrong. Obviously Trump has more morons that is his whole base ;-)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• My observations, and of course that is all they are, is the mask issue lines up pretty well with your politics. At 2 of my shops where I have members who are a little more in line with progressive thinking and we can have actual intelligent conversations about politics, the issues surrounding mask-wearing have been pretty much non-existent. Not a lot of pushback, and people more or less comply. At the shops I have that I know have the most trumpers the complaining about wearing masks has been almost non-stop. And for the one intelligent argument (the employer needs to keep an ample supply of surgical type masks because they are meant to be worn for brief periods and need to be replaced if they get wet) I have 19 stupid ones (my nose is stuffed up, it is a violation of my 4th amendment rights, masks cause covid -- which 3 months ago you were telling me was a hoax, masks are proven ineffective, etc).

As for people reacting poorly in public when someone confronts them about NOT wearing a mask, well some people will react poorly when confronted about anything. I don't particularly want to get shot at, so when I see someone in public without one, I just avoid them. I am not going to confront them. I really feel sorry for retail employees who are asked to be the mask police. It isn't fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I’ve thought about that too. No way would it happen again- people have Netflix and food delivery and they act like it’s oppression. As one lady in my hood said- Tim walz is waging a war on young families.

it’s all about personal freedom. Public health and society? Screw them.
                  Well there is a bigger difference than this. In those days the country was willing to sacrifice to work together because the leaders gave coherent, cohesive message of what people needed to do. This time there is ZERO leadership, multiple messages from the orange menace, and no national strategy. Basically you can pick what ever narrative you want and someone will have said what you need to hear

Comment

• Texas, Arizona and Florida doing fewer tests than they were a month ago.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Well there is a bigger difference than this. In those days the country was willing to sacrifice to work together because the leaders gave coherent, cohesive message of what people needed to do. This time there is ZERO leadership, multiple messages from the orange menace, and no national strategy. Basically you can pick what ever narrative you want and someone will have said what you need to hear
                      “Fake news” is forever the rallying cry for what you don’t like

Comment

According to Florida's official page, testing is down from a peak of ~520k/week at it's peak to ~420k. And the positive rate is just barely below 10%.

Maybe it's getting better, but seeing the death chart suggests otherwise. Very much otherwise. Certainly don't trust them enough to travel there.
                        https://mobile.***********/HealthyFl...68494475378688

(1/2) Today, the Florida Department of Health (DOH) received a backlog of testing data from Niznik Lab Corp in Miami, dating back to June 23rd. The lab reported over 4,000 cases occurring over the past 7 weeks, but which had not been reported to DOH until today.

(2/2)Therefore, this backlog severely skews today’s daily report for Miami-Dade & is not reflective of current trends. Once DOH was informed of this testing data backlog, we immediately reached out to Niznik Lab & we are investigating the matter, along with Miami-Dade leadership.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Texas, Arizona and Florida doing fewer tests than they were a month ago.
                          What is your point? Do you think mass testing can go on indefinitely?

https://mobile.***********/FatEmpero...76086413103109

#casedemic #TeamHysteria

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                            I didn't live through it but have read about the sacrifices people back home made during WWII (and on the field, obviously). Maybe this virus just needs to kick our collective azz for a major attitude adjustment.
                            Or maybe as a Country people realize its time to get its act together and start leading healthy lifestyles. So people can have what is called an immune system and can fight off a Corona virus.

Doubt it though, that would take some work. We will hit 50% of the Country being obese in the near future.

But let’s mask up!
                            Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-13-2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

According to Florida's official page, testing is down from a peak of ~520k/week at it's peak to ~420k. And the positive rate is just barely below 10%.

Maybe it's getting better, but seeing the death chart suggests otherwise. Very much otherwise. Certainly don't trust them enough to travel there.
                              Deaths in Florida have been going down since mid July. Get it together. Quick wishing for Hysteria.

Your ignorance is astounding.
                              Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-13-2020, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Could mass testing for Covid-19 do more harm than good?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...mpression=true

Comment

Working...
                                X