Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

More attempts have been made to reform or abolish the electoral college than any other topic in the history of this republic. Aside from the minor change the 12th Amendment made, it ain't gonna happen. Especially now when a good portion of America is dumber than they were a couple of generations ago and won't take the time to educate themselves on an issue, beyond what FAUX News or right wing nutjob radio tells them to think and believe. And 35-40% of Americans do not believe in the kind of equality our Constitution (and its Amendments) and Declaration of Independence speak of anyway.

You might be right Kep about how the bigots and the close-minded non-thinkers will gradually fade away and be replaced by people with enough awareness to realize there are better ways. But we don't have time on an evolutionary schedule to wait for it. This country probably does not survive in its present form waiting for enough people to die off naturally and be replaced with people who know how to think, and consider all options, and to wait for the science and the evidence to be studied and understood. We need to give evolution a push. Or a good kick in the behind.
    Even if we got rid of the EC we'd still be screwed by the rural bias of the Senate, so the way to democratize the US is to admit new states and split big states. AFAIK we can do that with simple majorities in both chambers. Something like +DC, +PR, and splitting CA into 3 states with a good urban/rural balance would go a long way towards restoring democracy. And, by pure coincidence, add 8 Democratic Senators.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Even if we got rid of the EC we'd still be screwed by the rural bias of the Senate, so the way to democratize the US is to admit new states and split big states. AFAIK we can do that with simple majorities in both chambers. Something like +DC, +PR, and splitting CA into 3 states with a good urban/rural balance would go a long way towards restoring democracy. And, by pure coincidence, add 8 Democratic Senators.
      And if you think any of that is happening anytime in the next 50 years, you're nuts.

Comment

And if you think any of that is happening anytime in the next 50 years, you're nuts.
        Baby steps. Admit DC.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Sturgis 2020: There will be a great deal on used motorcycles in the next couple weeks!
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Sturgis 2020: There will be a great deal on used motorcycles in the next couple weeks!
            Sturgis 2020: I'm rooting for an asteroid. Maybe not a five-mile wide dinosaur wiping-out one like we witnessed 65 million years ago. Maybe just a house sized one, slamming into the Earth at an optimal spot.

Comment

I think PR and DC statehood happen in 2 years if the Dems take both houses of congress. The rest you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I think PR and DC statehood happen in 2 years if the Dems take both houses of congress. The rest you're right.
                Agreed. The GOP seems to think so as well.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sturgis 2020: I'm rooting for an asteroid. Maybe not a five-mile wide dinosaur wiping-out one like we witnessed 65 million years ago. Maybe just a house sized one, slamming into the Earth at an optimal spot.
                  How about one a few hundred nanometers wide?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...tE7?li=BBnb7Kz

The phone call, the talking points Trump picked up from it, and his subsequent attempts to cover up his alliance with Xi are part of a deep betrayal. The story the president now tells—that he “built the greatest economy in history,” that China blindsided him by unleashing the virus, and that Trump saved millions of lives by mobilizing America to defeat it—is a lie. Trump collaborated with Xi, concealed the threat, impeded the U.S. government’s response, silenced those who sought to warn the public, and pushed states to take risks that escalated the tragedy. He’s personally responsible for tens of thousands of deaths.

This isn’t speculation. All the evidence is in the public record. But the truth, unlike Trump’s false narrative, is scattered in different places. It’s in emails, leaks, interviews, hearings, scientific reports, and the president’s stray remarks. This article puts those fragments together. It documents Trump’s interference or negligence in every stage of the government’s failure: preparation, mobilization, public communication, testing, mitigation, and reopening.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• fun little calculator https://texascovid19.org/app/?fbclid...QoQhLkVJcNrVUA

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        McAfee flagged this link as dangerous.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          It’s so fun. I wonder how long the bureaucrats can milk this little game?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

How about one a few hundred nanometers wide?
                            What would be the point? That would still be, what, less than a millionth of a meter wide? Or am I missing something?

Comment

• What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                200,000 Americans dead?

Don't care, as long as I ain't one of 'em

Forget the fact that I completely lost my **** after 9/11.

Where are all those "patriots" now?

Can't be bothered, got a BBQ tonite.
                                I was one of those, and I'm right here with you as enraged as you are.

I am horrified by our national response to this. I'm pretty damn far from a lefty, if anyone here remembers. But I refuse to look at this through a political lens. Do the right thing and I'll applaud you.
                                Last edited by Swansong; 08-10-2020, 08:11 AM.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X