Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Don't agree- there are many people who are not making it on their wages and do a lot of other stuff on the side. A lot of those side jobs are not happening now.
    I understand what you're saying. Set the pay rate to something approaching reality and let it be that. Details matter, of course, but when I said "replace the lost wage" I was being intentionally vague.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• America First.

While the US is drowning in Covfefe-19 and nothing being done, the government has sent three loaded cargo planes to aid those in the Beirut explosion.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Jesus isn’t protecting these people

“The coronavirus spread to over 90 people from five counties in Ohio after an infected man attended a church service earlier this year.

Fifty-three of the cases resulted from fellow worshippers at the service, who later spread COVID-19 symptoms to others in their community.

Comment

• CA is the third state to make 5-figures in deaths.

1. NY
          2. NJ
          3. CA

TX and FL are racing to become the 4th.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            CA is the third state to make 5-figures in deaths.

1. NY
            2. NJ
            3. CA

TX and FL are racing to become the 4th.
            CDC: "For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

https://mobile.twitter.com/kerpen/st...45007073906694

Comment

• So wait. Now DeWine tested negative. Uhhhh. That’s... not how PCR tests work typically. Trust the positive if you get a PCR test.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                So wait. Now DeWine tested negative. Uhhhh. That’s... not how PCR tests work typically. Trust the positive if you get a PCR test.
                Yeah it’s...bizarre

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Can't they just send in the county health inspector to order the restaurant closed for violating a public health order?
                  AFAIK the authority for that lies at the state level (Alaska is weird). The Municipality of Anchorage (the combined City and Borough government for Anchorage) is taking these restaurants to court to force them to comply.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Jesus isn’t protecting these people

“The coronavirus spread to over 90 people from five counties in Ohio after an infected man attended a church service earlier this year.

Fifty-three of the cases resulted from fellow worshippers at the service, who later spread COVID-19 symptoms to others in their community.
                    God's plan.

Comment

• Georgia high school reopens. Conditions are shockingly unsafe. Student posts footage documenting condition. High school takes immediate action and suspends student.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So wait. Now DeWine tested negative. Uhhhh. That’s... not how PCR tests work typically. Trust the positive if you get a PCR test.
                        lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

God's plan.
                          Some plan. Have people test positive for RNA of a virus and not even have an active infection.

scary stuff.

Comment

• 2 students now, apparently. And any other students in the future who post stuff making the school look bad.

No Covid if there's no reporting on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue

Again, how in the hell did a scientific health problem become a political thing like this??!!?!?!!?!? People are dying because "leaders" are tying to score political points.
                              Every issue is political now. The right wants it that way. What I want is for people to more rapidly relocate to the states that best suit their political persuasions. We need to get on with the dismantling of America and that would help. This country is going down the tubes because the minority have far too much influence. I am tired of 35-40% of the people holding 60-65% of us hostage. Concentrate yourselves into a region and restart the confederacy. And this time I say let them go, because the sooner I no longer have to share resources or a constitution with them, the better.

Comment

PCR often will have false negatives. There are several reasons/circumstances that can increase your risk of a false negative. For instance, a common sporadic disorder that we use PCR for is HSV encephalitis (herpes encephalitis). Often you have to test 2-3 times to get a positive result and you always trust the positive because it means you are actively detecting viral genetic material in the medium sampled. What is not well known in the medical community (and I teach all my residents this) is that if you get blood in the lumbar puncture (which can happen in a normal tap), it will almost inevitably result in a false negative.

The molecular probes used are very specific, so you are absolutely correct that when you have a positive, you can be very confident the virus is present.

Edit: Sounds like the initial reporting was wrong. https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...he-coronavirus
                                First test was an antibody test according to NPR, second test x2 was PCR which were both negative. With that sequence, it is pretty hard to tell with a high level of confidence what his virus interaction has been. Antibody tests are more likely to have false positives and must be interpreted with some caution. With PCR negative x2, it is fairly likely he does not have an active infection.
                                Last edited by WisconsinWildcard; 08-07-2020, 09:41 AM.
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X