Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Hopefully, every Republican in this country gets COVID.
    Dude, give them some time. Sturgis is phase 1. Why you gotta be up in their grill telling them to hurry? ***.

Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Ignored in all of this is the uncertainty in what lasting effects people who have recovered from COVID may suffer.

Systemic, chronic inflammatory diseases. Heart damage. Lung damage. Cognitive impairment (we don’t need more Republicans).

We don’t know ****. And what we do know is not pretty.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I just don't understand the need for all these people to have to minimize the effects of this virus. Jeb, I understand, but I just can't fathom Hovey's motivation, other than to harangue us for our "hysterics".

Which really doesn't seem to have much in it, really.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Ignored in all of this is the uncertainty in what lasting effects people who have recovered from COVID may suffer.

Systemic, chronic inflammatory diseases. Heart damage. Lung damage. Cognitive impairment (we don’t need more Republicans).

And yet so many people don’t care if their kids get this. Such great parenting

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue

Which is just another reason COVID and influenza are not even close to being the same. Other than being miserable, I'm not aware of many chronic long term effects to the flu. Whereas COVID seems to have some very bad ones.

*MAYBE* we will figure this out, and figure out how to prevent that, so that Covids long term effects are the same. Maybe. But not right now.

People keep wanting to point out that most people don't even get sick, and hang everything on that. But it's about a 1% chance of dying. Somewhere around a 4% chance of going to the hospital- which means a long recovery and unknown side effects. I challenge anyone to find me an instance where hospitals were ever overwhelmed by the flu. Ever.

Not the same.
            1% chance of dying? Where are you getting your Hysterical numbers? Not even the CDC has anything close to 1%.

Driving home from work I saw a patio packed with people. All enjoying this Summer evening and each others company. Didn’t see one mask. Good for them.

Comment

• hey kids, after a hard first week of school, let's say we all go visit grandma!!!
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Ignored in all of this is the uncertainty in what lasting effects people who have recovered from COVID may suffer.

If they arent dead they dont matter! #ThingstheGOPBelieves

If they do die it wasnt from COVID that is put out there for the money! #ThingstheGOPBelieves

If only they took malaria drugs they would be safe! #ThingstheGOPBelieves
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Every time we pretend we do know something we find out something that completely contradicts what we thought we knew. Remember when the summer was supposed to be slower? That is why shutting down (which we never really did anyways) is the right decision.
                  Good thing there is a vaccine on the way to save the day from the virus we know nothing about.
                  Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-05-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• The gold standard for assessing the usefulness of a lab test is the frequency with which lab results align with clinical diagnosis (Oxford Handbook of Clinical 2/ Diagnosis).

For Covid we've ditched clinical diagnosis altogether in favour of lab testing asymptomatic populations.

lmao. And the Chumps eat it up

Comment

• PCR tests and how they work. Many knew this from the get go.

#TeamHysteria not so much.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/are-yo...-for-covid-19/

Are you infectious if you have a positive PCR test result for COVID-19?

Comment

All. of. this.
                        People in modern times have no recollection what diseases like measles, rubella, polio, rheumatic fever, diptheria did to people before 'modern medicine'. Now we have more science and more people getting these diseases due to declining imms they are figuring out measles can wipe out all the previously acquired immunity from vaccines. We already knew people get post polio syndrome. Rheumatic fever caused permanent damage if untreated. etc.

As my Micro teacher pounded into us- microbes, viruses and fungi have all been around a lot longer than humans. And they made it this long byt being adaptable. C-19 looks like it figured out all the angles.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

I don't know what rural Minnesota is like but rural WI is that way. A week ago, I spent three days hiding out in my daughter's apt in Chicago, going out only to walk the dog around the block, maybe 6 times a day. Once to the local grocery store. Everybody masked if there was any chance of getting close to another person. This was a decent neighborhood, but certainly not upper class.

Coming back to small town south central WI was a wake-up call. It's better now with the Governor's state-wide masking mandate, but before that probably 40% of the people in stores didn't mask. You're right. Incredibly selfish in addition to ignorant.
                          You want a good example just to come Anchorage. People not wearing masks, people doing the mask under nose BS, restaurants staying open despite orders to close.

I saw person arguing that the only reason the number of cases went up is because there’s more tests being done, that we don’t need to shut down again because the positive rate is so low.

I get most of you are just “let em die” but some of us have to live and work with these idiots and really don’t want to be collateral damage.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            You want a good example just to come Anchorage. People not wearing masks, people doing the mask under nose BS, restaurants staying open despite orders to close.

I saw person arguing that the only reason the number of cases went up is because there’s more tests being done, that we don’t need to shut down again because the positive rate is so low.

I get most of you are just “let em die” but some of us have to live and work with these idiots and really don’t want to be collateral damage.
                            Seriously I thought it was “flatten the curve” so the hospital system wasn’t overwhelmed.

Honest question what is it now? I bet you could ask 10 different yahoos from #TeamHysteria and get 10 different answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Thank you for saying this. You are able to post more often than I am so please repeat it frequently.

The virus doesn't care whether you are liberal or conservative. The virus doesn't care if you followed the guidelines or didn't. If it has the opportunity to infect you, it will. Some of us have to care for those people who contract the virus. We don't get a choice to care for only those who followed the guidelines or have similar politics or beliefs. We just get to care for all of them the best we can with limited resources while trying to minimize our own exposure risk. It would be nice if some of those who wish the virus on others could think about that before posting their vitriol.

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                              Groucho Marx
                              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                              Ron White
                              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                              Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                60,000 deaths are a lot of people, just standing alone, right? Aren't those deaths tragic in their own right? Don't those deaths disproportionately hit at risk categories, like the aged.

Do we lock up nursing homes in response? Do we deny the elderly the chance to see their families? Do we lock up businesses and demand that everyone stay at home during flu season?

We don't because as a society we've made the decision it isn't worth the cost. It's not that we want people to die of the flu. But we can't just shut down the country for 6 months a year and make everyone stay at home so that no one gets it.
                                When you talk about "as a society," it's clear you're only speaking about America. Because the USA is pretty effed up compared to the rest of the world when it comes to prioritizing health over money. You have the sniffles in Germany? You're specifically told to not come into work. And you actually still get paid for it without having to dig into PTO!

The US has decided they'd rather kill 60,000 people per year than provide proper sick leave and health care to everyone. If someone works at Burger King and feels the start of the flu? You're damn right they're coming into work and serving everyone their food. It's the same across the board, even if people are provided sick leave. When I worked in public education, I had something like 30 days of sick leave a year. But "doing my job" was more important than making sure I wasn't making the old ladies in the office sick. I probably used 2 days a year, if that when in reality it should have been more like 10.

Covid is showing just how screwed up America is compared to the rest of the world when it comes to money vs people. As a freelancer, I've been fortunate to keep my job in Germany. But if I was let go due to coronavirus, I'd have a simple form (surprising for Germany) to fill out and I'd have between 9k and 14k euros coming my way to support me. Instead, Americans get a check for $1,200 one time. In the states, that'd have covered 3/4 of a month of rent for me.

The system in the US is broken and I'm hopeful things change after coronavirus. But, let's be honest... as long as 48% of Americans believe the way you do, it's going to be a tough battle to fix the issues that the rest of the world see as insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X