Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alfablue

Which is what we have been all saying for months now. I'm glad that they are pointing out the hysteria mania accusing people of being careful.

But the key part is the long term impact on the economy when little is done. Some here predicted the less we do, the worse the impact will be- and it's starting to very much play out. Once again, I wonder were the theme park/cruise ship/airline companies are? When are they going to see that the impact of doing nothing is going to hurt them more than harsh and quick? How is DeSantis not getting huge pressure from the vacation industry???? I just don't get that.
    Florida has no state income tax, right? Doesn’t it rely heavily on tourism?

that not gonna be good

Comment

• Very good article by Beda Stadler

https://medium.com/@vernunftundricht...g-fce6db5ba809

Comment

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1289890964396314624

"Delta flight returns to gate after two passengers refuse to wear masks"

I have a good friend who is a flight attendant for Delta...she is not enjoying her job as much as she used to.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/1289813340458323971

Its only 671 new cases...surely they arent going to clutch at pearls and go crazy because of that...

https://twitter.com/ausgov/status/1289813690166865920

"From 6pm tonight, Melbourne will move to Stage 4 restrictions with stronger rules to stop the spread of coronavirus That includes a curfew from 8pm to 5am, which also takes effect from tonight."

Oh yeah they are smart and we are ****ing stupid.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...41733560578048

"Birx warns US is 'in a new phase' of coronavirus pandemic with more widespread cases"

Dr. Deborah Birx on Sunday said the US is in a new phase in its fight against the coronavirus pandemic, saying that the deadly virus is more widespread than when it first took hold in the US earlier this year.

"What we are seeing today is different from March and April. It is extraordinarily widespread. It's into the rural as equal urban areas," Birx, the White House coronavirus task force coordinator, told CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union."
            Birx stressed that Americans need to follow health recommendations, including wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
            "To everybody who lives in a rural area, you are not immune or protected from this virus," Birx said. "If you're in multi-generational households, and there's an outbreak in your rural area or in your city, you need to really consider wearing a mask at home, assuming that you're positive, if you have individuals in your households with comorbidities.""This epidemic right now is different and it's more widespread and it's both rural and urban," she added.
            A new ensemble forecast, published by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, projects more than 173,000 American deaths by August 22, and former US Food and Drug Administrator Dr. Scott Gottlieb warned on CNBC last month that the coronavirus death toll could double to 300,000 deaths by the end of the year, if the country doesn't change its trajectory.
            She also said something nice about Pelosi so...she is fired.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• As long as one of the symptoms is, no symptoms, the insanity can go on indefinitely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/1289813340458323971

Its only 671 new cases...surely they arent going to clutch at pearls and go crazy because of that...

https://twitter.com/ausgov/status/1289813690166865920

"From 6pm tonight, Melbourne will move to Stage 4 restrictions with stronger rules to stop the spread of coronavirus That includes a curfew from 8pm to 5am, which also takes effect from tonight."

Oh yeah they are smart and we are ****ing stupid.
                Andy slavitt has had a lot of good info on his Twitter lately. One today was comparing Melbourne with Minnesota and how much more lax we are being right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Andy slavitt has had a lot of good info on his Twitter lately. One today was comparing Melbourne with Minnesota and how much more lax we are being right now
                  No we are living under TYRANNY!!!

We have 769 cases and people are whining the schools arent fully opening. Melbourne has 671 and they add restrictions.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

No we are living under TYRANNY!!!

We have 769 cases and people are whining the schools arent fully opening. Melbourne has 671 and they add restrictions.
                    How many deaths though...that's all that matters. Deaths and hospitalizations.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Which are both rising, so i don't see any argument to be made here here.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

But, if you need to know, all Australia had 4.

I'm sure they were all extremely old, and well past their time to die anyway, so no loss.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Which are both rising, so i don't see any argument to be made here here.
                          The argument is that those two are all that matters to those saying this is overblown
                          ​​​​​​
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Jeb.....I mean "Flaggy"...first, you do realize absolutely NO ONE on here is paying ANY attention to your ridiculous attempts at obfuscation by using the reports of daily death counts and trying to argue it's actually not as bad as it is. It's interesting that on one hand, you argue we have to be careful not to over-analyze certain statistics and use that data in an over-reaching manner as it might lead to poor policy decisions. Yet, you choose to try and parse the way the "daily" death counts are stated or accounted for as a way to micro-analyze that data to support your completely inaccurate and s****y narrative -- money over human life -- which, in all likelihood you aren't even benefiting from personally.

To your Forbes article post on page 62; yes, the author is somewhat agreeing with you on the idea that broad policy decisions regarding Covid can have unintended consequences. Nobody is disagreeing with that. What I find interesting was the author's use of the potential fatality rate as an example that it's difficult to make policy decisions based on projections of specific, important stats. The infection fatality rate being one of them. He accurately points out that various well-respected sources differ in their current estimations of that rate, having it between 0.4 or 0.5 from the CDC, to as high 5% from the Washington Post. Personally, I'd prefer to use the Johns Hopkins' number which has hovered around 3.5% for the last month -- in most statistical analyses, the high and the low are thrown out to get the median so, I'm doing that here. Again, nobody here disputes these variances.

However, even the author acknowledges we simply don't know what the rate truly is and, won't until many months from now. The point being is, when it comes to how we as a nation choose to react from a policy standpoint in regards to potential deaths and how we choose to prevent them moving forward, in the midst of a global pandemic the appropriate reaction is to err on the side of caution. Meaning, we will save more lives by assuming the IFR is closer to 3% than it is to 0.5%, as the former will result in far more preventable deaths than the latter. People/leaders who value human life over selfishness/self-preservation -- again, the "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". This is probably the 4th or 5th time I've used this phrase in a response to one of your posts Flaggy, yet, you have never responded to it specifically. Avoidance is usually an indication of fear. Meaning, deep down inside, you know you're a selfish, self-centered, and egotistical bastard. And, like the vast majority on the right these days, have decided that, as long as "you get yours", anything else that benefits society as whole isn't worth spending an ounce of time or emotion on.

Comment

• Beda Stadler is an idiot. Here is his hot take in mid-June.

"The virus is gone for now. It will probably come back in winter, but it won’t be a second wave, but just a cold."
                              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• I am a Behavior Therapist who works with autistic kids. When they are seeking attention in an undesirable way, we go to something called "planned ignoring." Basically, the client can kick, scream, pout, whatever, we just won't pay attention to them. Responding to kicking, screaming, pouting, "LOOK AT ME!", etc is reinforcing undesirable behavior and makes it more likely to happen again. However, the drawback to planned ignoring is it only works when everyone is in on it. It only takes one person for planned ignoring to fail.

And I know what someone's going to say. To that someone: you telling us to "keep scrolling" is hard, considering it's you and Mr. Desperately Trying to be the Hip and Edgy Contrarian, But Is As Useful As Non-Alcoholic Beer going back and forth. On average, the ratio of valuable discussion to your slap fight is basically 1:18.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X