Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Your silly measures don’t stop a virus.
    Better than doing nothing like you and your ilk want.
    But death is all that matters and everyone else is fine right dip****?
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• In an alternate reality, I'm imagining President Hillary Clinton getting out in front of this, activating the pandemic response team, and putting responsible people in charge as well as trusting the CDC and the WHO, instead of doctors who think God is watching us while having sex. At the very least, I don't think we'd be debating how to safely open schools.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Better than doing nothing like you and your ilk want.
        But death is all that matters and everyone else is fine right dip****?
        This is false and dangerous. The old anything is better than nothing. Not if “anything” leads to more consequences.

Good intentions don’t mean squat if they don’t produce good results. And many of the silly mandates do not produce anything but consequences.

Hell there isn’t even any correlation that masks in public do anything where there are strong mandates vs places where there are not.

“Mandates Improve Safety

Regulators who mandate behavior usually do so with good intentions, trying to improve public health and safety. The effect is often the reverse.

Medical care got worse, not better, when central planners meddled at U.S. hospitals based on computer models that predicted bed and ventilator shortages. As a result, doctors and nurses with on-the-ground knowledge lost control.

Decisions to delay vaccinations and elective surgeries like hip replacements and hernia repairs came from hundreds or even thousands of miles away. Even cancer treatments got postponed, putting thousandsof lives at risk while forcing furloughs and pay cuts across the system.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-recovery/amp/

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue

A better reply would be- you mean like it hasn't stopped it and save lives in South Korea, or New Zealand? Or even most of Europe? You mean all of those lack of infections and accompanying deaths?

Do nothing, thousands die and the economy goes to crap. Do a lot, thousands survive, and the economy gets back on track across the board. That's exactly how it's played out all over the world.

Why are people so dense to not see that?
          Yeah South Korea and New Zealand. We have plenty of spots across the country that are also having no problem with the virus.

Please do elaborate on Europe.

Why isn’t California having success with all their mandates? Even if compliance is your answer they are surely “doing more” than areas with less in place.

https://mobile.***********/yinonw/st...46359590973440

AZ/TX/FL cases have nearly reached NY's peak and showing signs of decreasing. Daily deaths are so far 6x lower than NY's peak. Meanwhile, Australia had more cases today than Sweden. Even an island can only isolate for so long. Brings into question the whole point of lockdowns.
          Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-01-2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            In an alternate reality, I'm imagining President Hillary Clinton getting out in front of this, activating the pandemic response team, and putting responsible people in charge as well as trusting the CDC and the WHO, instead of doctors who think God is watching us while having sex. At the very least, I don't think we'd be debating how to safely open schools.
            Buttery males.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Yes Jeb...being cautious is better than doing nothing.
              i swear you and Trump are peas in a pod.
              Your sources are BS Twitter putzes who can't even use their real names but you are the one who's right?
              Delusions of grandeur indeed.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Yes Jeb...being cautious is better than doing nothing.
                i swear you and Trump are peas in a pod.
                Your sources are BS Twitter putzes who can't even use their real names but you are the one who's right?
                Delusions of grandeur indeed.
                Again no it’s not if you are referring to measures that apply to everyone. People in high risk groups talking necessary precautions makes sense. 100s of millions of people without a virus is completely absurd.

The data presented by the putz was from Covidtracking.com. I get it, I know you are definitely in the group that is triggered when stats are presented with any context.

Europe looking at the consequences of lockdowns.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...e-say-experts/

Lockdown has killed 21,000 people, data suggests
                Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-01-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Who is locked down right now? Who was ever actually locked down? Unless they were defying judicial orders...i don't know of anyone who was locked down. As usual...you don't get that just because you appear healthy doesn't mean you don't have it. It also doesn't mean you can't get it and spread it without knowing it or that nothing happens to you if you don't die.
                  All of these things have been said to you numerous times...yet you continue to insist you and your anonymous Twitter statisticians must be right and actual doctors must be wrong.
                  Your delusions are really incredible.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Who is locked down right now? Who was ever actually locked down? Unless they were defying judicial orders...i don't know of anyone who was locked down. As usual...you don't get that just because you appear healthy doesn't mean you don't have it. It also doesn't mean you can't get it and spread it without knowing it or that nothing happens to you if you don't die.
                    All of these things have been said to you numerous times...yet you continue to insist you and your anonymous Twitter statisticians must be right and actual doctors must be wrong.
                    Your delusions are really incredible.
                    The initial premise was measures with the intent to make sure the medical and hospital system was not overwhelmed.

What is the premise now? The way you are talking is as if it is to get to zero cases?

The US has had 4.7 million “cases” which doesn’t even mean infections. But will leave that aside. 4.7 million cases since the onset. Those aren’t active all at once most are long gone and recovered. We live in a country of 330 million people the vast majority don’t and will not have a Covid 19 infection. The majority of this mandates are pointless and provide no value.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...nal-dangerous/

“Panic over rising Covid-19 case numbers is as irrational as it is dangerous

The number of recorded cases is irrelevant: what matters is admissions to hospital and deaths“

Comment

The initial premise was measures with the intent to make sure the medical and hospital system was not overwhelmed.

What is the premise now? The way you are talking is as if it is to get to zero cases?

The US has had 4.7 million “cases” which doesn’t even mean infections. But will leave that aside. 4.7 million cases since the onset. Those aren’t active all at once most are long gone and recovered. We live in a country of 330 million people the vast majority don’t and will not have a Covid 19 infection. The majority of this mandates are pointless and provide no value.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...nal-dangerous/

“Panic over rising Covid-19 case numbers is as irrational as it is dangerous

The number of recorded cases is irrelevant: what matters is admissions to hospital and deaths“
                      Again...as you have been told before (I swear you are incapable of reading or learning) the premise has not changed. As for the rest of your post...it's your usual BS...especially the last line. Man that's dangerous but no surprise you subscribe to it.
                      Holy **** you've got problems...
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Again...as you have been told before (I swear you are incapable of reading or learning) the premise has not changed. As for the rest of your post...it's your usual BS...especially the last line. Man that's dangerous but no surprise you subscribe to it.
                        Holy **** you've got problems...
                        So the premise is still making sure hospitals have capacity and aren’t overwhelmed? That’s it?

News flash for you...

Bold part. That’s not an argument. In fact it makes any argument you are making appear weak.
                        Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-01-2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

So the premise is still making sure hospitals have capacity and aren’t overwhelmed? That’s it?

News flash for you...

Bold part. That’s not an argument. In fact it makes any argument you are making appear week.
                          That is the major premise for states and cities yes.
                          and no shock you're too stupid to see that both things I say can be true. That hospitals and deaths are important but so are cases in general... especially with a virus that can be and has been easily spread by asymptomatic people.
                          And BTW...the word is weak you moron.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Buttery males.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• NY has fallen to 4th in total cases.

Code:
                              Total Cases (in thousands)

509 CA
                              480 FL
                              449 TX
                              444 NY
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That is the major premise for states and cities yes.
                                and no shock you're too stupid to see that both things I say can be true. That hospitals and deaths are important but so are cases in general... especially with a virus that can be and has been easily spread by asymptomatic people.
                                And BTW...the word is weak you moron.
                                Hospitals are not being over run. So now that parameters need to be met?

If “cases in general” are important what does that mean? What is the parameter there?

Also deaths and hospitalizations are much more defined and seeing trends and interpreting is much easier. And we are seeing both decline across the country.

Cases on the other hand are very hard to interpret. Since the test is testing for RNA of a virus it’s doesn’t mean active infection. It will even pick up fragment RNA. And do we need to even get into all the issues with the testing results, data errors, reporting only positives, ect?

When can businesses that are affected by mandates right now see those restrictions eased or lifted? Especially ones in areas where their health system isn’t overwhelmed? Which is pretty much everywhere.

What is the parameter for schools to open in areas that don’t have an overburdened medical system? Which is pretty much everywhere.
                                Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-01-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X