Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Its almost like we said this very thing would happen...almost right about now. I swear a bunch of us literally said "Wait until end of summer/fall when we have the same number of deaths only not because NY was so large a number".

Its almost like science and math work...
    I should have saved my posts in the beginning about how the south was going to end up a dumpster fire. Not fun to say I told you so but I don't think we missed any of the scenarios that are happening as far as stats or how the thing would escalate. I have to admit I totally underestimated the willingness of leaders to lead their constituents to the slaughter. And I am sadly astonished at the number of people who are sociopaths, feel they have no social responsibility and shouldn't be expected to think of anyone but themselves because the other person is responsible for keeping them self safe. I mean, in the past admitting something like that would have had you driven out of society. Now, with the tDump in charge, it is good to be proud to believe social responsibility is an option. Of all the things that have happened that is worse than the deaths. Death happens and it is sad. The overt selfishness couched in terms of freedom or feeling righteous for being selfish ba5tards and proud of it? No. That is soul crushing. Who knew there were legit that many a55holes who were willing to admit they are one?

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1;n3595090[B
      ]I should have saved my posts in the beginning about how the south was going to end up a dumpster fire. Not fun to say I told you so but I don't think we missed any of the scenarios that are happening as far as stats or how the thing would escalate.[/B] I have to admit I totally underestimated the willingness of leaders to lead their constituents to the slaughter. And I am sadly astonished at the number of people who are sociopaths, feel they have no social responsibility and shouldn't be expected to think of anyone but themselves because the other person is responsible for keeping them self safe. I mean, in the past admitting something like that would have had you driven out of society. Now, with the tDump in charge, it is good to be proud to believe social responsibility is an option. Of all the things that have happened that is worse than the deaths. Death happens and it is sad. The overt selfishness couched in terms of freedom or feeling righteous for being selfish ba5tards and proud of it? No. That is soul crushing. Who knew there were legit that many a55holes who were willing to admit they are one?
      You are aware that the Northeast accounts for 40% of all deaths in the entire Country, right?

Let me guess Cali gets a free pass?
      Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-30-2020, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

If I were your wife, I wouldn't bother with the legal name change until after things settle down. Too much of a hassle. My wife didn't bother with her name change until months after we got back from our honeymoon (which was to Europe, so we didn't think it would be a good idea to change anything until we got back). I think it might have been 4-5 months after the wedding before she finally did change her name. At first she wasn't sure if we was going to change her name or not. In hindsight I sort of wish I had encouraged her to keep her name, since she was unsure and it seems kind of lame that a woman is expected to take on the identity of her husband. I also would just get hitched at city hall and save our families some money if I had to do that over again (or taken my co-worker up on his offer to make it a double wedding when he decided to go to Vegas and get married)!
        Well, it's funny. Because the marriage cert says it's a legal name change when you file the marriage cert. Which we did. Problem is, it's only my county which has that on record. We've been trying to figure out how to handle voting and absentee ballots in MN. We contacted the Secretary of State's office who pointed us to the county election office. They sort of said the same thing you did. Just use the maiden name for now.

Either way, we aren't going anywhere. Though, we're thinking about changing our european honeymoon to a driving drip around the Great Lakes. Drive out to Niagara-on-the-Lake to get some incredible wines come back through Sault Ste Marie, up through Duluth and back home.

I'm not sure I'd do anything different reception/ceremony. It was beautiful. We had a 100-ft atrium with dramatic lighting downtown. We went minimal on the decor, just some lanterns and simple floral arrangements mostly eucalyptus and orchids. I'm just glad no one got sick. But it was and will be memorable because it was the last big party any of us had and will have for a while. A lot of people have told us that day was the last time they hugged anyone. We also saved a lot of jobs since everyone at the hotel was basically furloughed two days later.

Regarding the name, we had a lot of talks about it. That was up to her to make that decision. I don't think she has any regrets, we've also talked about it again with the whole name change fiasco. She's said already started to think of her as Mrs. 316. Caught me off-guard in a good way. Ultimately, she wanted it.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Any bets on who's the third in this Threes?

I know who I'm crossing my fingers for!*

*But because God hates us, we'll probably only get ****ing Louie Gohmert.
          I'm pretty sure you were going for Herman Cain with the second link, right? Multiquote is hard now. :-(
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Augh, I'm sure. I needed some time off to just shut up and listen. Glad I did it. Learned a lot. Spent a lot of time listening to friends who were impacted by the George Floyd murder. Gave some money, wish we could have given time but I'm too high risk for COVID. After the pandemic we'll be far more active. Pretty difficult finally seeing what your friends have to live through on a daily basis.

But also wanted to try to find a way to be a newlywed in this crazy ****ed up world. Wedding was scaled back. We didn't get to go on our "mini-moon". We didn't get to go on any fun vacations. And our passports are worthless even if we could complete her name change* so we've cancelled the honeymoon. In the end, we're both just glad we're still safe . Just thankful for each other.

I finally went back into a store two or three weeks ago when the dishwasher went out (by the way, this ****ing sucks and all appliances including dishwashers are basically on six-week backorder). Could not believe the number of idiots in Home Depot who weren't wearing masks. All the same type, looking at $4,000 fridges which I didn't even know were a thing. I started to shift from making fun of the morons to getting angry. Not just at them. I was starting to get fairly angry at Walz for not ordering masks sooner. When Alabama and Mississippi beat you in anything but football, you've ****ed up.

And now with the Portland stuff coming to light and spreading, I needed an outlet to talk politics. My wife isn't much for talking Xs and Os politics even though she's fairly political. Weird, I know. And honestly I was starting to feel disconnected from the news-world in a way I hadn't since Bin Laden died and I didn't find out for like four days. I get a lot from this Board. I missed all of you heathens.

*Which, by the way, is going to take months. The SS office said you have to literally mail your form(s) of ID to them - originals, not copies - with all of the other requisite documentation. No drop offs, no nothing, just certified mail. And the backlog is weeks or months. So you basically don't get to drive during that time. I can't even imagine people actually needing to get a new SS card right now for important reasons.
            Welcome back, man, we've all missed you! :-)

Don't worry about the name change until this crap is over with. She's got the ring, you're done. You're her chattel, now. The name thing is just dark humor. Like, "well really my cat is my owner." Uh huh... tell yourself that. :-)
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Jesus Christ, we're back to about April numbers. Almost 1500 dead, including 322 in Texas. And this is without NY's 1000/day alone at the time.
              Well, we were running close to 3k some days in April, and those were all in a couple states, so it's not like that yet.

But TX, CA, and FL (and increasingly AZ which is unnerving since I have lots of family there) are taking a run at it.

If they keep it up for a few months all three of those states will pass NY's 30k deaths, something I never thought would happen. NY at least has the excuses that it was right at the beginning with no infrastructure, no lead time for public information, and having to create a logistics and care chain overnight in real time.

None of the states now have those excuses. And while it is of course tempting to lay the blame with DeathSentence in FL and the Generalized Idiocy of the GOP brain trust in TX, CA is also in on the fun and Newsom has a lot to answer for. He opened back up too. Huh, it looks like currying favor with corporations and the business lobby by murdering your own citizens might put a dent in your aspirations for higher office. Wouldn't that be a shame?

Last edited by Kepler; 07-31-2020, 12:50 AM.
              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                I should have saved my posts in the beginning about how the south was going to end up a dumpster fire. Not fun to say I told you so but I don't think we missed any of the scenarios that are happening as far as stats or how the thing would escalate. I have to admit I totally underestimated the willingness of leaders to lead their constituents to the slaughter. And I am sadly astonished at the number of people who are sociopaths, feel they have no social responsibility and shouldn't be expected to think of anyone but themselves because the other person is responsible for keeping them self safe. I mean, in the past admitting something like that would have had you driven out of society. Now, with the tDump in charge, it is good to be proud to believe social responsibility is an option. Of all the things that have happened that is worse than the deaths. Death happens and it is sad. The overt selfishness couched in terms of freedom or feeling righteous for being selfish ba5tards and proud of it? No. That is soul crushing. Who knew there were legit that many a55holes who were willing to admit they are one?
                Quit slamming on Hovey.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Either way, we aren't going anywhere. Though, we're thinking about changing our european honeymoon to a driving drip around the Great Lakes. Drive out to Niagara-on-the-Lake to get some incredible wines come back through Sault Ste Marie, up through Duluth and back home.
                  The Canadian border is shutdown.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• No national strategy but to blame blue governors

https://mobile.***********/atrupar/s...99251322773504

Comment

• Going to be fun to see what happens with Sturgis, SD, starting this next week. Normally I start to see a lot of motorcycles heading west, beginning about Tuesday or Wednesday, and everyone heading back east about a week later.

I know a couple of people who usually go, but decided to bail this year, but I suspect there will still be pretty sizable crowds.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

The Canadian border is shutdown.
                        Yeah. I was within 30 miles of that beautiful land this week, wistfully wishing I could get to the promised land

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          Going to be fun to see what happens with Sturgis, SD, starting this next week. Normally I start to see a lot of motorcycles heading west, beginning about Tuesday or Wednesday, and everyone heading back east about a week later.

I know a couple of people who usually go, but decided to bail this year, but I suspect there will still be pretty sizable crowds.
                          Yeah, that is an interesting question. I suspect that crowd (which now probably has more dentists and accountants than it does mechanics and construction workers) is a fairly independent bunch and will be inclined to take their chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Yeah. I was within 30 miles of that beautiful land this week, wistfully wishing I could get to the promised land
                            Canada tightens restrictions on traveling to Alaska.

Under the new Canadian rules, travelers can’t visit national parks or other tourism destinations. At the border, drivers will be given a tag to hang from their rear-view mirror emblazoned with the date they must be out of the country.

Failing to follow the new rules is punishable by fines of up to CDN $750,000 (US $560,000) and up to six months in prison.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Going to be fun to see what happens with Sturgis, SD, starting this next week. Normally I start to see a lot of motorcycles heading west, beginning about Tuesday or Wednesday, and everyone heading back east about a week later.

Good.

Saw something that said it's estimated that 60-70% of all new infections are from super spreader events. In Civil War 2 we don't need guns, just virology.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                No national strategy but to blame blue governors

https://mobile.***********/atrupar/s...99251322773504
                                Never viewed the virus as a health problem, but as a political issue they could exploit for their own gain.

Every thing is politics with this group. Every act, motion, issue, crisis is viewed through the lens of how what they do could best help Trump. Everything else is secondary.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X