Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Christ, we're back to about April numbers. Almost 1500 dead, including 322 in Texas. And this is without NY's 1000/day alone at the time.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Of course they have.
      more Kool-Aid.
      Did he just post that now? If so he might want to learn how numbers work.

7/17 they had 128 dead. Today literally doubled that...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Augh, I'm sure. I needed some time off to just shut up and listen. Glad I did it. Learned a lot. Spent a lot of time listening to friends who were impacted by the George Floyd murder. Gave some money, wish we could have given time but I'm too high risk for COVID. After the pandemic we'll be far more active. Pretty difficult finally seeing what your friends have to live through on a daily basis.

But also wanted to try to find a way to be a newlywed in this crazy ****ed up world. Wedding was scaled back. We didn't get to go on our "mini-moon". We didn't get to go on any fun vacations. And our passports are worthless even if we could complete her name change* so we've cancelled the honeymoon. In the end, we're both just glad we're still safe . Just thankful for each other.

I finally went back into a store two or three weeks ago when the dishwasher went out (by the way, this ****ing sucks and all appliances including dishwashers are basically on six-week backorder). Could not believe the number of idiots in Home Depot who weren't wearing masks. All the same type, looking at $4,000 fridges which I didn't even know were a thing. I started to shift from making fun of the morons to getting angry. Not just at them. I was starting to get fairly angry at Walz for not ordering masks sooner. When Alabama and Mississippi beat you in anything but football, you've ****ed up.

And now with the Portland stuff coming to light and spreading, I needed an outlet to talk politics. My wife isn't much for talking Xs and Os politics even though she's fairly political. Weird, I know. And honestly I was starting to feel disconnected from the news-world in a way I hadn't since Bin Laden died and I didn't find out for like four days. I get a lot from this Board. I missed all of you heathens.

*Which, by the way, is going to take months. The SS office said you have to literally mail your form(s) of ID to them - originals, not copies - with all of the other requisite documentation. No drop offs, no nothing, just certified mail. And the backlog is weeks or months. So you basically don't get to drive during that time. I can't even imagine people actually needing to get a new SS card right now for important reasons.
        Yeesh. Sorry man.

As for Walz our numbers really didnt support it even if it would have been the right thing to do. We were trending the right way until the derp got full of themselves and started claiming everything was "Tyranny". Now we are trending backwards because they had to have their freedumbs. Even my Republican* friends cant believe how stupid these people are. 33% of this country dont have the mental capacity to do basic math let alone understand science. (let alone the Constitution)

*They arent GOP voters much anymore they hate everything about the Party. They also have high IQs so watching people mindlessly drone on spouting nonsense goes against everything they stand for.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Jesus Christ, we're back to about April numbers. Almost 1500 dead, including 322 in Texas. And this is without NY's 1000/day alone at the time.
          Its almost like we said this very thing would happen...almost right about now. I swear a bunch of us literally said "Wait until end of summer/fall when we have the same number of deaths only not because NY was so large a number".

Its almost like science and math work...
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue
            As a demonstration of how hard this will be to operate even with restrictions- Sergio Perez from Racing Point tested positive and will miss the two weekend F1 races at Silverstone. Cases in the EU is pretty far below ours right now, and they are trying to be super careful in all the open sports, yet cases still happen.

Hopefully the sports here in the US have plans for when it actually does happen- as we see that it's pretty inevitable.
            He’s on my fantasy team. :-(
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That many people didn’t die today. That was newly reported deaths. Numbers being filled in spanning the entire last month.

https://mobile.***********/jhaskinsc...99966858153986

From the 28th.

Glad we have this information but 1/2 the deaths are 10+ days old. 1/4 of them over 2 weeks ago. We will see if this gets better over time? Not so great right now.

https://mobile.***********/therealar...63615582220288

Here are Florida deaths by the date that they happened. 7/17 128 deaths is the highest and hopefully the peak.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...y0jwo/htmlview
              Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-30-2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Oh god I just saw Jeb posted...I assume he is telling us math is wrong, deaths dont matter and screw all the old people and Herman Cain too?

Speaking of people talking out of their ***:

https://***********/HuffPost/status/1288993280299081728

A leading Florida newspaper pleaded in an editorial for more action by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) to battle COVID-19, reminding him: “We’re dying here.”

“With each passing day, COVID-19 continues to careen out of control in Florida,” said the Thursday editorial in the Sun Sentinel. “Your daily upbeat message is hopelessly at odds with what Floridians are going through. You make it sound like everything is headed in the right direction. But it’s not.”

Florida hit a record number of deaths from COVID-19 three days running this week, climbing from 191 deaths on Tuesday to the latest record of 253 deaths on Thursday. The state surpassed New York’s total number of cases last Saturday.

The editorial pleaded with DeSantis to issue a statewide mask requirement — which is already a regulation in 32 other states. A new Quinnipiac poll has found that 79% of Floridians support a mask requirement, including 60% of Republicans, the editorial noted. “If that’s not a mandate, what is?” the newspaper asked.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/CNN/status/1288992901939306498

"The Rutgers football program is under quarantine and has temporarily halted all in-person activities, all the result of individuals attending a gathering. At least 15 players have tested positive for Covid-19 so far, a New Jersey health official says."

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://***********/CNN/status/1288992901939306498

"The Rutgers football program is under quarantine and has temporarily halted all in-person activities, all the result of individuals attending a gathering. At least 15 players have tested positive for Covid-19 so far, a New Jersey health official says."

Correction. They tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 RNA, maybe even a fragment of the RNA.

Covid-19 would mean they have an active infection which is not accurate. The PCR test does not test that.

But I am sure you knew that being all about the “Science.”

Comment

And our passports are worthless even if we could complete her name change* so we've cancelled the honeymoon.
                      If I were your wife, I wouldn't bother with the legal name change until after things settle down. Too much of a hassle. My wife didn't bother with her name change until months after we got back from our honeymoon (which was to Europe, so we didn't think it would be a good idea to change anything until we got back). I think it might have been 4-5 months after the wedding before she finally did change her name. At first she wasn't sure if we was going to change her name or not. In hindsight I sort of wish I had encouraged her to keep her name, since she was unsure and it seems kind of lame that a woman is expected to take on the identity of her husband. I also would just get hitched at city hall and save our families some money if I had to do that over again (or taken my co-worker up on his offer to make it a double wedding when he decided to go to Vegas and get married)!

Comment

You're both probably right on this one but Jeb is still struggling with the process, how it works and what it means. The 322 deaths reported today didn't happen today, they happened over the last 1-4 weeks and were officially recorded today. We won't know how many people died in TX today for another month. 7/17 is likely the highest total as its' data is more complete than more recent days. Check back in two weeks and I bet 7/31 will be the highest total, but I bet 7/17 will have a higher total that it does right now too.

Comment

• Oh yeah that makes more sense. As I said I dont know how Flo(R)ida reports their numbers alfa is much better at that stuff than I am.

(though 322 was Texas...Flo(R)ida is 252 on Worldometer)
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

You're both probably right on this one but Jeb is still struggling with the process, how it works and what it means. The 322 deaths reported today didn't happen today, they happened over the last 1-4 weeks and were officially recorded today. We won't know how many people died in TX today for another month. 7/17 is likely the highest total as its' data is more complete than more recent days. Check back in two weeks and I bet 7/31 will be the highest total, but I bet 7/17 will have a higher total that it does right now too.
                            Not struggling with anything. Simply providing the data as it comes in with the proper context.

Very telling that people get bothered by the data being presented like that.

As more time goes on there are more days to go back and record from. And then presenting it as “record deaths on xxx date” on blast on the nightly news is misleading and disingenuous.
                            Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-30-2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Augh, I'm sure. I needed some time off to just shut up and listen. Glad I did it. Learned a lot. Spent a lot of time listening to friends who were impacted by the George Floyd murder. Gave some money, wish we could have given time but I'm too high risk for COVID. After the pandemic we'll be far more active. Pretty difficult finally seeing what your friends have to live through on a daily basis.

But also wanted to try to find a way to be a newlywed in this crazy ****ed up world. Wedding was scaled back. We didn't get to go on our "mini-moon". We didn't get to go on any fun vacations. And our passports are worthless even if we could complete her name change* so we've cancelled the honeymoon. In the end, we're both just glad we're still safe . Just thankful for each other.

I finally went back into a store two or three weeks ago when the dishwasher went out (by the way, this ****ing sucks and all appliances including dishwashers are basically on six-week backorder). Could not believe the number of idiots in Home Depot who weren't wearing masks. All the same type, looking at $4,000 fridges which I didn't even know were a thing. I started to shift from making fun of the morons to getting angry. Not just at them. I was starting to get fairly angry at Walz for not ordering masks sooner. When Alabama and Mississippi beat you in anything but football, you've ****ed up.

And now with the Portland stuff coming to light and spreading, I needed an outlet to talk politics. My wife isn't much for talking Xs and Os politics even though she's fairly political. Weird, I know. And honestly I was starting to feel disconnected from the news-world in a way I hadn't since Bin Laden died and I didn't find out for like four days. I get a lot from this Board. I missed all of you heathens.

*Which, by the way, is going to take months. The SS office said you have to literally mail your form(s) of ID to them - originals, not copies - with all of the other requisite documentation. No drop offs, no nothing, just certified mail. And the backlog is weeks or months. So you basically don't get to drive during that time. I can't even imagine people actually needing to get a new SS card right now for important reasons.
                              This. I scroll by the self professed selfish people and the deniers and see posts that remind me not everyone in the population is lobotomized or has an underdeveloped frontal brain.
                              Finally found out my course if virtual after we agonized, worked out finances and decided we would forgo the income because no way was I going in a LT care facility. Now I have to go replace my laptop because I need it 8 hours at a time and there are issues.
                              I have gone past angry. Now that the information is readily available I find it a bit easier to scroll by some things. Before I felt like it was because people were ignorant and might not have ha access to info. Now- if they haven't seen it or chose to ignore it then oh well.

Seeing stuff about Sweden and Tcell immunity, underestimated immunity and how their economy is much better than ours (lottsa people died too) but no one seems to consider they have a very robust social net so if anyone gets sick and is out of work they don't have to worry about healthcare or unemployment.

Comment

• It's the CDC process so state shouldn't matter. The aggregator sites report newly recorded deaths each day regardless of actual date of death. CDC reports deaths by the actual date it occurs. So CDC daily data changes for nearly a month right now, aggregator data is final as of end of day.

Comment

Working...
                                X