Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Lmao find one post where I have insulted anyone who hasn’t already gone that route.

Talk about living in a bubble.

Unscientific study but I’m guessing about 75% here have wished death upon a portion of the population on political lines. Lmao.
    Yes...poor little persecuted Jeb. Poor you.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• https://***********/NPR/status/1287467070247055366

Researchers analyzed the data from every study on the protective effect of masks. Their bottom-line estimate: If 95% of people wear cloth masks, transmission drops by at least 30%. With this example, here's what happens over seven 5-day cycles
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Precisely. As the virus starts to fade away they will say it was all the masks.

https://mobile.***********/kylamb8/s...75675025350657

I thought Japan always wore masks? Why the case surge?

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...-official.html
        Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-26-2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Precisely. As the virus starts to fade away they will say it was all the masks.

https://mobile.***********/kylamb8/s...75675025350657

I thought Japan always wore masks? Why the case surge?

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...-official.html
          Again...masks alone aren't enough. Social distancing alone isn't enough. Nothing works 100% of the time. It's a combination of things that will beat this.
          You should know that considering how many people here have been saying it for months now.
          But you want the fight..."genuine conversation" my ***.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Again...masks alone aren't enough. Social distancing alone isn't enough. Nothing works 100% of the time. It's a combination of things that will beat this.
            You should know that considering how many people here have been saying it for months now.
            But you want the fight..."genuine conversation" my ***.
            So why the case surge in Japan? What have they started doing differently?

Comment

• Been away from this board for six months (new job) and catch the first week of this new board layout?

I’m stepping away to buy a lottery ticket ... I guess.

(Fighting Hawks mask on.)
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So why the case surge in Japan? What have they started doing differently?
                I have no idea. I'm not a doctor. I sure you'll come up with your usual baseless theory.
                Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 07-26-2020, 04:36 PM.
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Been away from this board for six months (new job) and catch the first week of this new board layout?

I’m stepping away to buy a lottery ticket ... I guess.

(Fighting Hawks mask on.)
                  You weren't missed.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

You weren't missed.
                    If I’m still here, clearly someone missed.

Aim better.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

If I’m still here, clearly someone missed.

Aim better.
                      That's a lame joke attempt.
                      ​​​​​​
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• What would you expect?
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• This is what honesty and integrity looks like, Michael Osterholm. Osterholm predicted everything that has happened. The irresponsibility in how the media would report the situation, how the complete slime ball politicians would take advantage of the situation, and all the chaos and confusion that will take place from all the mixed messages.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/sites/def...s_6.2.20_0.pdf

In regards to cloth masks. It’s all been based on junk.

“On April 3
                          White House officials the week before its release that such a document would be forthcoming. The document entitled, "Recommendation regarding the use of cloth face coverings, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission," stated that “In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g. grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.” The new evidence the document was referring to was investigation reports and studies demonstrating presymptomatic or asymptomatic transmission. The recommendation was published without a single scientific paper or other information provided to support that cloth masks actually provide any respiratory protection. There were seven reports or papers listed as “Recent Studies” that detailed the risk of presymptomatic or asymptomatic transmission. There was nothing about how well such masks protect against virus transmission, particularly from aerosol-related transmission.
                          Never before in my 45 year career have I seen such a far-reaching public recommendation issued by any governmental agency without a single source of data or information to support it. This is an extremely worrisome precedent of implementing policies not based on science-based data or why they were issued without such data. I understand recommending prevention measures in the face of a dangerous pandemic even when data may be lacking; applying the John Snow approach to pulling the pump handle has been at the very core of my public health career. Yet the precautionary principle that emphasizes caution, pausing and review before leaping into new interventions must also be considered. If these cloth masks do little to reduce virus transmission due in large part to their lack of protection against aerosol inhalation or exhalation, do we not
                          , the CDC published a document that had been anticipated following statements by

have an obligation to tell the public of this potential limitation? How many cases of COVID-19 will occur when people using cloth masks and not understanding the limitations of their effectiveness participate in activities with others where virus transmission does occur? I believe this cloth mask recommendation situation represented the other low point in CDC’s response to COVID-19 with the other being the failed testing situation. I have talked to close friends and colleagues who work at CDC and who were involved on the periphery with this issue. They universally disagreed with the publication of this recommendation based on the lack of information supporting that cloth masks actually reduced the risk of virus transmission to or from someone wearing a cloth mask. The CDC recommendation document states that CDC continues to study the spread and effects of the novel coronavirus across the United States. When people state that CDC recommends cloth face mask use you have to understand there was much more going on than science and public health protection with this recommendation. I urge you go online to the CDC website yourself and you’ll not find one piece of information supporting that cloth masks are effective in reducing respiratory virus transmission.”
                          Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-26-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• And that’s why there isn’t any correlation found with mask wearing.

Do masks really do anything? Truthfully, the evidence is mixed… thus politics has grabbed hold of the topic. I recently analyzed mask wearing across 21 countries to see if more mask-wearing led to reduced spread and deaths. The findings? There was no correlation. See below.

https://mobile.***********/covid_cla...04561208086530

Comment

That's a lame joke attempt.
                              ​​​​​​
                              He needs to distract from his last posts in March being about how all of this was overblown hysteria.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

He needs to distract from his last posts in March being about how all of this was overblown hysteria.
                                He and Jeb should be best buds then.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X