Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07-22-2020, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Jeepers, the next thing you're gonna expect is that your airline pilots are fully trained and have 1000s of hours of experience, maybe even that they flew in the Navy or Air Force. That's what's wrong with this country. You all want a bunch of thinkers and book learners and so-called "experts" to tell you what to do. If you're not shooting your own food, changing your own oil, working on your tractor on the weekends and flying your own planes, you are not the kind of American I want to live next door to.

#TeamNutJob

Jeb, you responded to "NDHockey" with....80% wore masks? Hell say it was 95% are you kidding? 10 thousands of people across many major cites and the magical little virus just took a few weeks off? I guess that could have happened Lord Fauch disappeared that entire time.

but a few people in a bar have a beer and that sets your world on fire. LMAO

Do you clowns call Daddy Government to tie your shoes every morning?

First Jeb, no, the virus didn't just take a few weeks off. And yes, there actually were close to 90% of the protesters wearing masks. Go on YouTube and watch some of the videos from the protests. Remember, video doesn't lie Jeb! Actually, no Jeb, I tie my shoes by myself big guy. I even make my own bed, wash and fold my own clothes, and cook my own meals sometimes. You learn that stuff in 23 years in the military.

Comment

• Hey Jeb, from your post yesterday morning around 9AM...

Yesterday, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

I think the worst thing I hear from people, especially Conservative/Republican/Trumper coworkers, is that we should "just get it over with and get everybody sick, it has a 99% survival rate." They have zero concept of basic math and the sheer scale of 1% of the population. So I decided to do the math.

Total US Population (https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...ate-total.html) 2019 Estimate: 328,239,523

1% of US Population = 3,282,395 (.23)

Now I could say "And that's more than the population of Chicago, Houston, or Phoenix" or even say "that's about the population of Utah" but that's no fun. You know what is fun? Wiping five states off the map. Population of Wyoming, Vermont, Alaska, North Dakota, and South Dakota combined is 3,581,014. That's the four least populous states wiped out and South Dakota left going "there's so much more room for activities..."

And mind you, that isn't even counting the likely huge number of people that would develop complications and die later. I just don''t think people can understand 3.2 million gone in a matter of weeks and affect that would have.

Jeb, here's your responses to JimJamesak.....1% of the population is not going to die of Covid in any scenario. Speaking of math...

The death rate is based on those that have had it and those that have passed away.

you don’t take a death rate of 1% and apply it to the entire population. Good Grief. Not to mention there isn’t a chance in hell the death rate is anywhere close to 1%.

And that doesn’t even get into people dying “with Covid” and from it.

Seriously Jeb, please try to use your Google skills and look this crap up before you reply so you don't make yourself look so stupid...

Link to the John's Hopkins website on Covid: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Jeb, this shows our current case fatality rate as being at 3.6%. Yes, we know it's lower as there are probably millions of unknown confirmed infections. Then again, despite the conspiracy theories you choose to believe, the vast majority of experts believe we've under-counted Covid deaths in the U.S. by 10%. Regardless, most experts believe that the final fatality rate will be between 1.4 and 2.3%.

Please explain why, "you don't take a death rate and apply it to the entire population?". That's EXACTLY what you do. At least, that's what intelligent people do. So please, provide in detail your reasoning why you/we shouldn't apply the fatality rate to the entire population. This ought to be enlightening?

Comment

• Jeb, in response to this post above...

Yesterday, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Oh my. Racist ****wit Stephen Miller's grandmother died from the Covfefe-19. Her son blames Trump and the administration. White House of course denies.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...dministration/
        She was 97.

I don’t know if there could be more of a collection of Looney Tunes than right here?

#TeamHysteria

Cant even calculate the IFR and think 1% of the population could die.

LMAO

seriously you guys stay at home and hideout. I think it’s best that way at this point. The rest of us will go to work and take care of you all.

Thanks anyway Jeb but, I'm actually doing OK collecting about $800 per week in unemployment...

Comment

• Jeb, in answer to this post from you above...

Yesterday, 05:57 PM

Bringing up a previous question. Scale 1 - 10, 1 no concern at all, 10 extremely concerned.

You go out to the grocery store, regular traffic, everyone is masked, cloth and surgical masks are the most in use, a few N95.

What is your concern level?

same scenario but you encounter a few people in the store no mask. What is your concern level?

Question #1 -- Concern level is around a 2

Question #2 -- Concern level is around a 4

Bottom line is, any time I'm in an indoor setting with multiple people I have some concern. Especially since two of my kids are immune compromised.

Comment

• Jeb, in response to the following post Yesterday, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Says the guy claiming to want genuine conversation...you are such an ***.

And you are Hollow. In so deep with your dogma that you have to buy into every word no matter how foolish and absurd it is.

OMG Jeb.... talk about the pot calling the freaking kettle black! Holy sh-t Jeb. You project as well as Trump does...

Comment

• Um, net?

Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Um, net?

Might've had an extra beer or two tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

Might've had an extra beer or two tonight
                  We've all been there.

Especially this year.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• There net, you feel better?

If you're gonna respond to the troll like that, at least learn how to use the quote function. And if you say you don't want to quote the troll, what's the difference between just cutting and pasting everything he said?

Again, just don't. Put him on ignore. You, and we, will feel much better. He isn't worth the time.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• It's interesting that people still hold on to perfection, otherwise it's worthless.

Nobody said that masks stop all viruses, but they very much do reduce the amount that gets through. Viruses stay with the drops that come out of your mouth, and thus stick to the mask on the way out. And on the way in, there's a combination of drop encapsulation and static electricity that reduces the amount of viruses that make it into your body. Again, once people figured out what needed to be filtered, it's not hard to come up with masks that work. Yes, some coverings are less effective than others- but even 30% reduction is better than nothing- and could easily lead to a high enough reduction to prevent infection.

One virus cell isn't going to infect you. It takes thousands. And if you can prevent that, there you go. There's plenty of data out there that clearly shows that.

Combine that with keeping your distance is a clear improvement in means to prevent spread.

And preventing spread keeps people alive.

It's too bad that we did not keep the virus out of nursing homes, as we surely could have. Preventing all of those deaths. We CHOSE to not act. This administration took apart the system in place to reduce the impact on viruses like this. And now we are dealing with that- seeing over a hundred thousand American citizens die when they didn't have to. It's amazing that we pretend that there was nothing we could do- even after we already knew what to do. Heck, most of the actions were talked about on this board back early on. Yet we chose to not do anything.

Test, track, isolate, test, track, isolate, and the virus spread could have (and still can be) prevented. It's not hard. And it certainly would have had a MUCH more minor impact on the economy. No question about that. How people think this was unavoidable- where we are now- I just don't understand that.

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

Please explain why, "you don't take a death rate and apply it to the entire population?". That's EXACTLY what you do. At least, that's what intelligent people do. So please, provide in detail your reasoning why you/we shouldn't apply the fatality rate to the entire population. This ought to be enlightening?
                        IFR infection fertility rate.

Holy Sh*t and you are trying to paint me as the stupid one? First you aren’t quoting me but you are copying and pasting everything? Lmao

You take the IFR and put it against the number of people that have had a disease not against the entire population. It was laid out right in the post. Jeeze man

simple example if a population was 1000 people, 100 people got the disease and the IFR rate was 1%.

The expected deaths would be at .01 x 100 (those with the disease). So one death for every 100 people that get sick.

Not 1% of the entire population dying.

Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-24-2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                          Holy Sh*t and you are trying to paint me as the stupid one?
                          You're doing a pretty good job of that yourself. No need for him to assist.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            You're doing a pretty good job of that yourself. No need for him to assist.
                            Right.

People here can’t even figure out what to calculate the IFR against.

Comment

• Death panels...
                              https://www.star-telegram.com/news/c...244443257.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Right.

People here can’t even figure out what to calculate the IFR against.
                                Show your work then.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X