Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I wasn't inconvenienced in the least. I had to go in anyway.

But literally a week (maybe less) after I had the test, I could have contracted the disease. I haven't had symptoms, but that doesn't mean that I didn't get it, right? I could have it right now, isn't that what you all have been telling me? So how did my May test benefit society, other than knowing at that instant in time I didn't have it.

The stupidity of it should be demonstrated to you by the NCAA plan. A couple of days before every game, all the players and coaches need to get tested. And then a couple of days before the next game, they all get tested again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Again, if we have endless testing supplies, endless numbers of technicians drawing samples, endless numbers of labs analyzing the tests, great, let's do that.

Be we don't have that. That's why we see people sitting in cars for 24 hours waiting to get tested. It's why people in some locations people are waiting a week or more for their results. And these may be people with symptoms.
    Seriously? By now you don't know that answer?

Wow.

Again, a national led system would have people sheltering in place until data came in. Probably, the system would be phased in over the country, but once the people you have to interact with are known, you can get together with them. Then the system can be used to trace who has it, and who they contacted to keep an eye on them.

My god- this playbook was developed VERY effectively in S Korea. And yet you CHOOSE to not know a single thing about it.

THIS ISN'T HARD. It's that we choose to do nothing, and then pretend that it's all we can do. We CAN train techs, we CAN use production lines to make PPE and testing equipment, we CAN turn up lab spaces for the tests. But when people who, in theory, think say we can't- like you- who CHOOSE to not accept that other countries can do this every effectively- well, we are were we are because of that.

WE CHOOSE to have limited tests a day, in limited locations, pretending that we can do massive amounts of people because of the lot size. When it would make whole lot more sense to distribute the tests to a place that represents the daily capability. Here's a good example of that- Hard Rock Stadium can do just 750 tests a day. That should be in a mall that is closed for businesses instead of a massive lot like that. That's really a waste of resources right there.

And in a 8 hour day, that's 100 tests per hour (give them half hour for lunch). 5 lanes = 20 tests per hour- and if there are two people per car, that's 10 cars in an hour. But even if not, it should not be hard to put a system together to get a single sample every 3 min. Production line thinking has multiple stations to get info, test, etc. And 5 lines = 150 cars per line.

Use a mobile system so that you can move neighborhoods. With all of the construction on hold, there are plenty of trailers available out there.

There's another main site in Miami that only is 400/day. Are you kidding me?

IMHO, setting up a mobile acquisition system capable of 500/day would be pretty straight forward. Put 20 of those around Miami, and that's 10k tests a day just there. Again, we have an employment problem in this country- so setting something like that up should have plenty of available people.

I just don't see it nearly as hard as people want to think it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Really? The vibe in March/April was ok more testing and asymptomatic people have to sign papers and if they don’t wear an ankle bracelet?

Lmao.
      The Snopes article I posted refuted your point that the couple was merely refusing to sign the order because it required them to call the Public Health Dept. prior to leaving their house. Basically, it showed alfablue was right. I know you wanted to give him first crack at proving you wrong. I apologize I didn’t give him the opportunity.
      I won’t engage with you on anything else. Again, you’re a solid troll, and I’d nominate you for troll of the year, since you have a lot of seemingly intelligent, well-read people arguing with you, but this is the only message board I post on, so, my opinion on the matter doesn’t mean a whole lot.

Comment

• Iowa gov has just limited testing to 100 a day from 6-7am mon-Thursday in one county.

can’t count cases if you don’t test!

Comment

• Hovey...maybe give this a watch.

https://youtu.be/h4la0YzxFZ4
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I probably should have clarified my "resources" comment. By that I meant testing supplies/resources, not actual money. Sorry.
            Money gets you those.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

The Snopes article I posted refuted your point that the couple was merely refusing to sign the order because it required them to call the Public Health Dept. prior to leaving their house. Basically, it showed alfablue was right. I know you wanted to give him first crack at proving you wrong. I apologize I didn’t give him the opportunity.
              I won’t engage with you on anything else. Again, you’re a solid troll, and I’d nominate you for troll of the year, since you have a lot of seemingly intelligent, well-read people arguing with you, but this is the only message board I post on, so, my opinion on the matter doesn’t mean a whole lot.
              *******https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2018/03/rating-mostly-true-new.png********Mostly True

About this rating What's True

Elizabeth Linscott and her family were ordered to remain confined to their home for 14 days after she tested positive for COVID-19 and refused to sign a "Self-Isolation and Controlled Movement Agreed Order." The couple were ordered to wear ankle monitors.

Right from Snopes.

so if they weren’t given the ankle bracelets for “merely refusing” to sign the papers what were they given for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Iowa gov has just limited testing to 100 a day from 6-7am mon-Thursday in one county.

can’t count cases if you don’t test!
                I could have sworn that jobs and the economy was the most important thing. Testing = lots and lots of jobs.

Comment

• God you're dense...
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

I could have sworn that jobs and the economy was the most important thing. Testing = lots and lots of jobs.
                    Testing is anti-jobs and economy. Always has been.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Testing is anti-jobs and economy. Always has been.
                      Only when you look from a pessimists eye. Testing = the need for many, many people. And we are already handing out money for a stimulus- so put them to work testing. Just solved a huge economic problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Only when you look from a pessimists eye. Testing = the need for many, many people. And we are already handing out money for a stimulus- so put them to work testing. Just solved a huge economic problem.
                        You need to check your sarcasm detector.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Came through loud and clear here.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yea, I know that, I'm pointing that to the ones who actually believe what you posted.... They are not quite smart enough to know.

Comment

• BTW, Florida now has a death count over 100 for a day- 7/8 continues to go up- it's now 101. And there's two days last week which have a solid chance, too- which is quite sad. The vaccine I posted about earlier today can't come fast enough. I really want to go cruising again.

Comment

• More Science from King Disaster himself.

“Let's be clear. Outdoor dining is now permitted statewide. Outside drinking is not.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYGovCuom...02348446945281

Comment

Working...
                                X