Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    What part of this ****ing disease doesn't have a proper treatment or vaccine don't we ****ing understand right now. jfc we have some ****ing stupid people in this country. This is a pandemic. In 1918 the people that social distanced and followed a plan died at a far lesser rate than those that did not.

It's not the ****ING HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ^^^ Supports people protesting/rioting in huge numbers for many days and weeks in the largest Cities in the Country. In the middle of a Pandemic. You almost have to wonder if you are actually wishing harm on them? Disgusting.

Almost as bad as the nursing home mandates that were put in place in a number of States.

^^ Bat Sh*t Crazy
    Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-21-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

A drop off in testing doesn't concern me in the least. We do way too much unnecessary testing in this country the way it is. As a result, we are wasting time and resources that should be spent on important testing. I think we should only test people who are symptomatic, who have come into contact with someone who has tested positive, or people who are going into health care facilities to either work or get treated (to prevent unknown exposure to healthcare workers). All of this drive thru nonsense just because people are curious is useless.
      What's the worry? Cost? We've got plenty of money in this country to pay for it. We are certainly richer than S. Korea per person.

Resources? Are we not in a case where there's a good chunk of the public who needs jobs? Jobs making tests, jobs doing tests, jobs processing tests. Jobs, jobs, jobs- that would be a huge boom in jobs for this administration.

Testing everyone would track the the virus, making the plans to deal with it far, far more effective, and it would give people jobs and income that they so much need. On top of that, you would be testing the people who have no idea that they are spreading the virus.

IMHO, the best of the best temporary stimulus would be to ramp up testing to be able to test every single american in a couple of months. Which would help track what is going on very accurately.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

What's the worry? Cost? We've got plenty of money in this country to pay for it. We are certainly richer than S. Korea per person.

Resources? Are we not in a case where there's a good chunk of the public who needs jobs? Jobs making tests, jobs doing tests, jobs processing tests. Jobs, jobs, jobs- that would be a huge boom in jobs for this administration.

Testing everyone would track the the virus, making the plans to deal with it far, far more effective, and it would give people jobs and income that they so much need. On top of that, you would be testing the people who have no idea that they are spreading the virus.

IMHO, the best of the best temporary stimulus would be to ramp up testing to be able to test every single american in a couple of months. Which would help track what is going on very accurately.
        I probably should have clarified my "resources" comment. By that I meant testing supplies/resources, not actual money. Sorry.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

This is literally the definition of economic illiteracy and complete stupidity on top of that.

Lets just line people up to dig a hole all day and the next day they fill their hole back up. We will pay them do to that and call it a job.

Once you test all those asymptomatic people it’s meaningless a couple of days later if not sooner. As they could come in contact with the virus at anytime.

This type of idiocy takes time and resources away from getting care to truly sick people who need to be diagnosed with what is ailing them so from there the best care can be determined.

Also you don’t need massive testing to determine what is going on in a population. Appropriate samples based on the region will do that.

What you are recommending is massive amounts of unnecessary data that be would surely be mismanaged in a best case scenario.
          Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-21-2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I probably should have clarified my "resources" comment. By that I meant testing supplies/resources, not actual money. Sorry.
            Still, ramping resources up would provide a lot of very needed jobs. And it would satisfy the R's need for people to work to get help.

There are millions of people who would be more than skilled enough to make supplies, apply the tests, and process the tests.

Easiest stimulus package of all time.

Comment

A drop off in testing doesn't concern me in the least. We do way too much unnecessary testing in this country the way it is. As a result, we are wasting time and resources that should be spent on important testing. I think we should only test people who are symptomatic, who have come into contact with someone who has tested positive, or people who are going into health care facilities to either work or get treated (to prevent unknown exposure to healthcare workers). All of this drive thru nonsense just because people are curious is useless.
              Only test symptomatic people when this disease can be easily spread by those without symptoms...good plan.

I also see Jeb is being especially dumb today...I figured his hysterics would happen eventually...
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Only test symptomatic people when this disease can be easily spread by those without symptoms...good plan.

I also see Jeb is being especially dumb today...I figured his hysterics would happen eventually...
                In the non-existent fantasy world in which you reside, sure, we round everyone up this Friday, all 330 million plus of us get tested, a couple of hours later we know who has the disease, and we bring this to a halt.

Except, that world doesn't exist, and frankly can't exist. It's simply impossible to do that.

In the real world, where the rest of us reside, endless testing of asymptomatic people is generally useless. Yes, you might stumble across a few positives and we can then ask them to isolate or do contact testing. But the vast majority of it is a waste of precious testing resources and of precious time available from testing professionals.

I got tested back in May before a doctors appointment. I was negative. What does that do for me today?

My wife decided to go through one of the drive thru testing centers right after Memorial Day. She was negative. What does that tell us about her today?

Sure, if we've got everyone with symptoms tested, if we have all of their contacts tested, if we've tested everyone going in for medical procedures, and at that point we have a bunch of testing people and lab workers sitting around twiddling their fingers, waiting for more tests to perform, go ahead and start testing random asymptomatic people. No objection from me. But don't interfere with the important testing to do it.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Someone's a little sensitive...
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

If one person who didnt know finds out they have it then it is not useless. Good lord man...

As to you other questions...we know you didnt have it when you were tested. Sorry your life was so inconvenienced to have to learn that.

Of course if you get sick and die it doesnt matter anyways right? So why should testing...
                    Last edited by Handyman; 07-21-2020, 11:28 AM.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In the non-existent fantasy world in which you reside, sure, we round everyone up this Friday, all 330 million plus of us get tested, a couple of hours later we know who has the disease, and we bring this to a halt.

Except, that world doesn't exist, and frankly can't exist. It's simply impossible to do that.

In the real world, where the rest of us reside, endless testing of asymptomatic people is generally useless. Yes, you might stumble across a few positives and we can then ask them to isolate or do contact testing. But the vast majority of it is a waste of precious testing resources and of precious time available from testing professionals.

I got tested back in May before a doctors appointment. I was negative. What does that do for me today?

My wife decided to go through one of the drive thru testing centers right after Memorial Day. She was negative. What does that tell us about her today?

Sure, if we've got everyone with symptoms tested, if we have all of their contacts tested, if we've tested everyone going in for medical procedures, and at that point we have a bunch of testing people and lab workers sitting around twiddling their fingers, waiting for more tests to perform, go ahead and start testing random asymptomatic people. No objection from me. But don't interfere with the important testing to do it.
                      No, it's not impossible- we CHOOSE to not do it. Because people like you think that we are not able to.

In a country where we can annually make enough flu vaccines to deal with everyone within a short few months, it's possible to make 330M kits, get them out to the public, and process them within the same time period the vaccine is put out to the public.

Except that people like you poke holes in it, like using the term "round up" and thinking that the proposals are to be done in a single day.

As for the asymptomatic testing, more than once, people have pointed out that a gross majority of people getting infected show no symptoms. Which means a gross majority of positive tests will be people who show no signs of it. And these same people are the ones who unknowingly spread it when they are not careful.

This can and should be done, and it would drive jobs, jobs, jobs. And it would be able to contain what is going on very, very quickly.

Your test in May means that everyone you came in contact after that are not likley to get it from you. And if USED THEN PROPERLY, you would know from then on who you were in contact with who may have had it. (like S Korea did, funny enough). And the reason that your test in May matters now is that the likelihood of you getting it from them to now would go down so much that we can safely open up.

Sadly, nobody in leadership has the vision that testing and tracking in May probably means we can be 100% open now. Even you can't see that.

Comment

• Testing less people is asinine.

testing the “right” people requires good tracing. And immediate test results so selfish pigs aren’t out infecting others while they wait days for results.

we can’t do things in a scaled down version unless everything else gets fixed and I’ve seen no effort on republicans side to do so

Comment

• Nah it was worthless...because he didnt get it. Much like if you dont die the disease didnt hurt you in any way.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

If one person who didnt know finds out they have it then it is not useless. Good lord man...

As to you other questions...we know you didnt have it when you were tested. Sorry your life was so inconvenienced to have to learn that.

Of course if you get sick and die it doesnt matter anyways right? So why should testing...
                            I wasn't inconvenienced in the least. I had to go in anyway.

But literally a week (maybe less) after I had the test, I could have contracted the disease. I haven't had symptoms, but that doesn't mean that I didn't get it, right? I could have it right now, isn't that what you all have been telling me? So how did my May test benefit society, other than knowing at that instant in time I didn't have it.

The stupidity of it should be demonstrated to you by the NCAA plan. A couple of days before every game, all the players and coaches need to get tested. And then a couple of days before the next game, they all get tested again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Again, if we have endless testing supplies, endless numbers of technicians drawing samples, endless numbers of labs analyzing the tests, great, let's do that.

Be we don't have that. That's why we see people sitting in cars for 24 hours waiting to get tested. It's why people in some locations people are waiting a week or more for their results. And these may be people with symptoms.

Comment

• We could have that. We should have that. And your test in May was important. It proved you did not have it and were not unknowingly spreading it at that time. If you were feel you were exposed recently, you should get another test.

It's awful that people are waiting a week or more for results. That is something a national testing plan could probably fix but the IIC are choosing to downplay it. Until there is a treatment and also a vaccine, it would great to have regular nationwide testing to track how the disease is spreading.

Comment

• The Onion with a great parody of conservative humor:

Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X