Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I've now read thru the newest 5 pages and to Rufus and others who argue that engaging with posters like Jeb is giving them exactly what they yearn for, I don't disagree. However, as I said in my previous post, I actually enjoy the challenge of getting posters like Jeb to actually quiet down for awhile because I/we have actually put him in a box, if only for short time. I also genuinely enjoy getting in the mud with these people although, my goal in doing so is to keep my emotions in check while doing so. Thus, to be honest, I'm actually disappointed in myself for using the language I did last night or, showing the obvious emotion I showed. But hey, none of us are perfect and, failure is often the greatest teacher. I just wish I were as good at looking up articles/sources that clearly counter whatever a person like Jeb has posted the way Kep and many others here are at it.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/KWWL/status/1285352818006798337

"NEW TODAY: Governor Reynolds' office has directed the Dubuque Test Iowa clinic to limit their testing to 100 tests per day. The clinic will now be open for an hour from 6-7 a.m., Monday through Thursday."
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        https://twitter.com/shesinscrubs/sta...54357517242370

This is what happens when a new nurse gets the COVID...
        PPE costs money, and without the normal overpriced operations, hospitals can't make enough money to get extra profits.....

Yea, this is what happens when profit motive creeps into just taking care of your fellow human beings. We've got plenty of places to make a bankroll of money that we can stop it for hospitals and healthcare.

Comment

• Just saw a news report where a KY couple is whining about being forced to isolate since one of them tested positive. They claim that if YOU are afraid of getting sick, stay home, because they want to keep going out. Which means that they want to just spread the virus around as if it doesn't matter. The issue is that a local judge has ordered them to stay home and wear tracking devices.

Holy cow, how selfish of them. I wonder if they would change their tune if one of their parents came down and then was sent to the hospital. Especially given how many times we hear the same story "I didn't know it was that bad" on their deathbed. After they went to a party to get it.

Seems like we will be hearing about this over and over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Just saw a news report where a KY couple is whining about being forced to isolate since one of them tested positive. They claim that if YOU are afraid of getting sick, stay home, because they want to keep going out. Which means that they want to just spread the virus around as if it doesn't matter. The issue is that a local judge has ordered them to stay home and wear tracking devices.

Holy cow, how selfish of them. I wonder if they would change their tune if one of their parents came down and then was sent to the hospital. Especially given how many times we hear the same story "I didn't know it was that bad" on their deathbed. After they went to a party to get it.

Seems like we will be hearing about this over and over again.
            This is what discredits you and makes you look foolish. Please post an article that even closely aligns with what you just posted.

I will give you first crack.

What really happened is that the City or County wanted them to sign papers after their positive test and the couple wanted something amended in what they were signing. I believe it had to do with, if they need to go to the hospital or doctor they could just go. The way the document was worded, they had to call the County first. They were already self quarantining.

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post
              Ok, I've now read thru the newest 5 pages and to Rufus and others who argue that engaging with posters like Jeb is giving them exactly what they yearn for, I don't disagree. However, as I said in my previous post, I actually enjoy the challenge of getting posters like Jeb to actually quiet down for awhile because I/we have actually put him in a box, if only for short time. I also genuinely enjoy getting in the mud with these people although, my goal in doing so is to keep my emotions in check while doing so. Thus, to be honest, I'm actually disappointed in myself for using the language I did last night or, showing the obvious emotion I showed. But hey, none of us are perfect and, failure is often the greatest teacher. I just wish I were as good at looking up articles/sources that clearly counter whatever a person like Jeb has posted the way Kep and many others here are at it.
              I am guess you deleted something because I don’t see what you are referring to.

I am sorry, going on long rants like yesterday morning or this one doesn’t prove anything or put me “in a box.”

If you want to engage a particular topic or post by all means. I would say 75% of my posts are statistical measures or links to studies or reports. You are free to respond to those and provide information. But broad comments and generalizations don’t equate to much if anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

This is what discredits you and makes you look foolish. Please post an article that even closely aligns with what you just posted.

I will give you first crack.

What really happened is that the City or County wanted them to sign papers after their positive test and the couple wanted something amended in what they were signing. I believe it had to do with, if they need to go to the hospital or doctor they could just go. The way the document was worded, they had to call the County first. They were already self quarantining.
                https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ke...-arrest-covid/

Comment

• 9 month old baby in Minnesota died of covid yesterday. No pre existing conditions confirmed by DoH.

people online are already saying it’s fake, to counter the presidents insistence that kids return to school.

meanwhile a family just lost their 9 month old.

Comment

• This thing surely has evolved from flatten the curve.

Ankle monitors on asymptomatic people now.

Good stuff.

Comment

• St. Cloud institutes a mask ordinance for 30 days.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        9 month old baby in Minnesota died of covid yesterday. No pre existing conditions confirmed by DoH.

people online are already saying it’s fake, to counter the presidents insistence that kids return to school.

meanwhile a family just lost their 9 month old.
                        Devastating. I don't think I could survive as a parent after that.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• This is an interview of the actual couple. https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/vide...ntine-71892380
                          One will note that they are the ones complaining of the ankle bracelet directly, and the health dept asked them to stay home and notify people when they did anything- they admitted refusing.

At 1:44 of the article, they clearly state that they are not wearing the tracking devices.

And at 2:15 it's them who tell everyone else to stay home if they are afraid- not them.

These are direct quotes from the family.

Not sure how one can interpret their words any differently.

They got infected, and refuse to stay home for 2 weeks with 100% certainty, and refuse to tell anyone if they break the quarantine.

(on a side note, he also claims there's no pandemic).

They are a perfect example why people can not be trusted to do the right thing and look out for their neighbors. Selfish. If they go out, and spread it around, two things- it prolongs the pandemic - which is stupid, and then also risk lives- which is terrible.

edit- I see that in the snopes investigation, they planned on going to Michigan. Stay in KY. Don't come up here and start this all over again. We are really starting to recover here in MI, and don't need people to start another outbreak location. Especially when it's a known infection.
                          Last edited by alfablue; 07-21-2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

This thing surely has evolved from flatten the curve.

Ankle monitors on asymptomatic people now.

Good stuff.
                            I will give you credit for being a solid troll, as evidenced by a lot of posters feeding in with you on here, but, you’re wrong on this one. If I were trolling, I’d just admit the mistake and get back to it. That said, you’d give my wife a run for her money when she’s deliberately trolling me.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

This is an interview of the actual couple. https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/vide...ntine-71892380
                              One will note that they are the ones complaining of the ankle bracelet directly, and the health dept asked them to stay home and notify people when they did anything- they admitted refusing.

At 1:44 of the article, they clearly state that they are not wearing the tracking devices.

And at 2:15 it's them who tell everyone else to stay home if they are afraid- not them.

These are direct quotes from the family.

Not sure how one can interpret their words any differently.

They got infected, and refuse to stay home for 2 weeks with 100% certainty, and refuse to tell anyone if they break the quarantine.

(on a side note, he also claims there's no pandemic).

They are a perfect example why people can not be trusted to do the right thing and look out for their neighbors. Selfish. If they go out, and spread it around, two things- it prolongs the pandemic - which is stupid, and then also risk lives- which is terrible.

edit- I see that in the snopes investigation, they planned on going to Michigan. Stay in KY. Don't come up here and start this all over again. We are really starting to recover here in MI, and don't need people to start another outbreak location. Especially when it's a known infection.
                              Yeah. They feed the narrative that all Kentuckians are morons, and that’s disappointing to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Yeah. They feed the narrative that all Southerners are morons, and that’s disappointing to me.
                                Fixed.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X