Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Just another crisis actor.
    So that family locked down very hard and he still got it? He hasn’t even played with other kids since March?

What do people think happens to the immune system when you do these hardcore lockdowns? Can anyone argue it gets stronger?

A bunch of sailors in Argentina got it after all testing negative before going to sea. They all quarantined as well.

https://amp.scmp.com/news/world/amer...mpression=true

Comment

No one has ever said lockdowns are perfect and no one would get it you dimwit.
      I mean for someone who claims to work with stats you are dumber than a box of rocks.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

Cause people like you and FTLT keep responding to him. He's still getting the reaction he craves, still whipping the skippy to it.

If everyone puts him on 'ignore' like I finally did, you won't even see when he posts his ****. And the only one he'll have to debate here is his old buddy whalers. Who I also put on ignore.

It's a hockey message board. How many people are on here, maybe a few thousand? His message has no impact, even if there were ten times that many here. If a tree falls in the forest with no one around , does it make a sound?

I see your point about the Dems at the national level, and you're right. But this ain't that. Fighting back with facts doesn't quiet the troll. Neither does shaming, or derision. The only thing that works is ignoring them. They want the pushback, good or bad. That's what gets them off. To have all of you jumping at his every post. You saw him on here just last week, begging for some sort of response, when everyone as ignoring him and not playing along. Keep him begging. He'll go off to find some new playmates.
        No one has posted more on this thread than you when it comes to posts including any sort of factual basis or legitimate thought.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

Cause people like you and FTLT keep responding to him. He's still getting the reaction he craves, still whipping the skippy to it.

If everyone puts him on 'ignore' like I finally did, you won't even see when he posts his ****. And the only one he'll have to debate here is his old buddy whalers. Who I also put on ignore.

It's a hockey message board. How many people are on here, maybe a few thousand? His message has no impact, even if there were ten times that many here. If a tree falls in the forest with no one around , does it make a sound?

I see your point about the Dems at the national level, and you're right. But this ain't that. Fighting back with facts doesn't quiet the troll. Neither does shaming, or derision. The only thing that works is ignoring them. They want the pushback, good or bad. That's what gets them off. To have all of you jumping at his every post. You saw him on here just last week, begging for some sort of response, when everyone as ignoring him and not playing along. Keep him begging. He'll go off to find some new playmates.
          Sigh...... The left would rather not engage is not going to end well, either nationally or on a much smaller scale, in here. His crap will be there for anyone to read, with bogus links, and most will read and scarily, some will believe. THAT can’t be allowed.
          I truly get the ignore aspect, considered it myself, but I like to know what the enemy is up to, to include turning on fox’s state run tv.
          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
          Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

I don’t see this theory working though. Hasn’t worked yet, and I’m sure he is wanking at other sites. But it’s more the fact of the trumpettes making the noise with no pushback.
            We are allowing a minority, ONCE AGAIN, to dictate the messaging which will result in 4 more years, or more, of this crapfest. I am sick of hearing “he can’t do that” when it comes to the orangemanchild to include holding an election. The last 4 years have been filed with obvious “can’t do that’s”, but he and the repubs did it. Anyone really think it won’t continue if allowed?
            Democratic leadership should be having daily briefings listing his shenanigans. Repeat, often, and quote what he said the previous day. Everyday, hammer it home.
            Squeaky wheel still gets the grease.
            There is plenty of pushback all over the place. Letting one clown rant on a message board without responding is not going to embolden anything it just makes him look like the pathetic loser they have always been. You wont change his mind or any of the people reading who might agree with said loser. (they tend to stay silent)

You can do what you want...but if you think you are having any real affect you are as delusional as the person you are fighting. But its your time to waste...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The ignore function works very much like wearing a mask and social distancing. As long as people don't quote him. So if a couple of posters want to leave a certain other poster off ignore so as to "monitor" his blather and lies, that's OK. Just don't quote him or respond directly. If there are hardly any of us who can see the stool samples he offers as posts and no one quotes him, he will die. Just like the virus will die when it can't suitably attach to new hosts enough to replicate. Read his stuff if you must, and when something is posted is a lie perhaps offer a counter-point with a link to something accurate to illustrate, and leave it at that. Don't quote, don't engage, don't directly respond. And as his orange God says, one day, it will all disappear just like magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

Sigh...... The left would rather not engage is not going to end well, either nationally or on a much smaller scale, in here. His crap will be there for anyone to read, with bogus links, and most will read and scarily, some will believe. THAT can’t be allowed.
                I truly get the ignore aspect, considered it myself, but I like to know what the enemy is up to, to include turning on fox’s state run tv.
                Where do you live that people arent engaging...because all I see is people all across the country engaging. That like 7 of us choose not to engage here is not proof of what you think it is especially since you dont know how we are off of this site? (here is a hint, many of us engage)

If you want to know what the enemy is up to there are better places for that than here. Hell most of his crap is on Twitter days before he posts it with the same graphs and often the same misspellings and grammar problems. Hell a random Google Search will probably help you find the enemy better than posting on a site where the VAST majority of us are on the Left.

And because we spar over this a lot...FTLT I do appreciate that you have been quoting the nimrod a lot less. In fact it makes your replies better :-)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The vast majority is doing just fine.

https://mobile.***********/EthicalSk...94550650998784

Comment

A story about quarantined sailors testing negative and then still getting COVID at sea is supposed to make us less afraid of this virus and take FEWER precautions? Okay, den....
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      A story about quarantined sailors testing negative and then still getting COVID at sea is supposed to make us less afraid of this virus and take FEWER precautions? Okay, den....
                      No. It points out that once a virus is in full circulation it is absurd to lockdown healthy population. A child coming down with it after being locked down hard since March also points that out. Great way to weaken your immune system though.

If being locked down can’t protect you from a Corona virus what is next solitary confinement and wearing a mask?

Comment

Florida’s hospitals looking to be in better shape.

FL Hospital Bed Weekly Update: July 19, 2020 Today's occupancy: All Beds: 75.2% ICU Beds: 78.6% One week ago (July 12): All Beds: 76.4% ICU Beds: 79.5% During past week, 80,236 new FL Covid cases, up 30% Bed availability IMPROVED. Stop the Panic.

I understand that is a bad thing around here.

https://mobile.***********/RebelACol...10578516086787

Comment

Spot on

“For team COVID graphs, the moral almost always is that THAT region didn’t do enough of this policy, and THIS other region is doing their policies just right. When under the “illusion of control” all graphs have prescriptive & moral connotations.”

<The illusion of control is the tendency for people to overestimate their ability to control events; for example, it occurs when someone feels a sense of control over outcomes that they demonstrably do not influence.>

https://mobile.***********/MarkChang...56421147234311

Comment

“Hey. I found an anecdote that some motorist died while following the speed limit, so speed limits don’t save lives! What’s next, banning cars??”

it is honestly astounding that someone with your intellect has not become a statistic yourself by now.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Also spot on.

“You may think you’re smart, and I may think I’m smart, but only one of us is trying to control the other.”

https://mobile.***********/MarkChang...48064671805448

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                                “Hey. I found an anecdote that some motorist died while following the speed limit, so speed limits don’t save lives! What’s next, banning cars??”

it is honestly astounding that someone with your intellect has not become a statistic yourself by now.
                                It’s honestly astounding that even semi moderately intelligent people think that lockdowns and arbitrary rules are going to stop a virus in full circulation.

Comment

Working...
                                X