Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

How long have masks been mandatory in CA? Why all the hype out there?
    What do you mean hype? Nothing is hyped except by those like you who don't take this seriously.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

Moving the goal posts again I see. You use this technique a lot. I take that as a surrender on your part.

Mike DeWine’s approach to this crisis is a model for how Trump should have handled things. At the end of June DeWine sat at 79% approval rating which shows that clear, decisive leadership in times like these not only saves lives but sends your approval rating through the roof. And for the record I’m included in that 79%.
      My original post points out that the hype doesn’t fit the facts.

Moving what goalposts? The majority of the country is doing fine. You cited a handful of States and I pointed out OH actually has a higher death rate than two of them.

Comment

How many times do you need to be told that the country is not "doing fine" and that death is not the only consideration?
        i swear my dog learns better than you do.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

What do you mean hype? Nothing is hyped except by those like you who don't take this seriously.
          California is imposing more lockdown type measures and is taking about even more strict measure.

They have had mandatory masks for quite sometime. So much for that.

Comment

How many times do you need to be told that the country is not "doing fine" and that death is not the only consideration?
            i swear my dog learns better than you do.
            Most the Country is doing fine. Just because you are a fear-monger does not change that.

Comment

California is imposing more lockdown type measures and is taking about even more strict measure.

They have had mandatory masks for quite sometime. So much for that.
              As they should be because it is not being contained there. I forgot...caution is stupid to you.
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

4/ “We will be down about where we were with the swine flu: around 0.1-0.3% which is much lower than what we think because at the moment we are seeing the case fatality."

https://mobile.twitter.com/aginnt/st...59482544631810

Comment

As they should be because it is not being contained there. I forgot...caution is stupid to you.
                  So their mandatory mask policy isn’t working?

Lockdowns don’t work. They already locked down, why didn’t it work?

Comment

Most the Country is doing fine. Just because you are a fear-monger does not change that.
                    No...they really aren't. Some spots are doing better...but as you hav been repeatedly told...it's not going away.
                    and caution is not fear no matter how many times you say it.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

So their mandatory mask policy isn’t working?

Lockdowns don’t work. They already locked down, why didn’t it work?

It would work if people would follow it....they aren't.aren't.
                      Also doesn't help when suburban counties around LA lifted mask orders and saw a spike in cases.
                      Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 07-19-2020, 06:21 PM.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

When the virus starts flaming out like it has in much of the North it will be because everyone magically started complying with masks mandates.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexBeren...46070557032448

Another day of declining hospitalizations in SE Texas and Arizona, both down more than 10% from peak, and now ICUs and ventilations are dropping too. If they aren’t past peak they’re doing a good job of pretending.

Comment

Florida

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexBeren...62752125837314

The real story out of Florida is incredible: 150,000 #SARSCoV2 positive tests in the last two weeks, and effectively NO change in either total hospitalizations or ICU use statewide. Case mix? A huge advance in medicine? This is the story real reporters shouldchase.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

Agree with you completely. My Governor did an excellent job shutting Ohio down early then mandating mask wearing in counties with flare ups. Had he not taken these common sense measures to fight this virus my state would be on fire like AZ/TX/FL/NY. Thank you Governor DeWine for listening to Dr. Acton and following the science and not caving in to the derps.
                            Ohio and it's R leader closed down before Michigan did. They did a great job. And then slowly phased things back in once the scientific data said that they could. Quite unlike the states in the south. Had the south done it right, they would be were NY is right now- which is in good shape.

It's interesting to see that people somehow perceive that this virus hit the country equally and at the exact same time... odd. Instead of thinking like that, see what NY did, and copy them- it worked. And continues to work in a hot spot area. Trying to follow Ohio at this point? Too late. Way too late.

Comment

Florida

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexBeren...62752125837314

The real story out of Florida is incredible: 150,000 #SARSCoV2 positive tests in the last two weeks, and effectively NO change in either total hospitalizations or ICU use statewide. Case mix? A huge advance in medicine? This is the story real reporters shouldchase.
                              I'd say you're smart enough to figure it out...but I doubt it.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Ohio and it's R leader closed down before Michigan did. They did a great job. And then slowly phased things back in once the scientific data said that they could. Quite unlike the states in the south. Had the south done it right, they would be were NY is right now- which is in good shape.

It's interesting to see that people somehow perceive that this virus hit the country equally and at the exact same time... odd. Instead of thinking like that, see what NY did, and copy them- it worked. And continues to work in a hot spot area. Trying to follow Ohio at this point? Too late. Way too late.
                                Exactly why is everyone pretending like a few hot spots are the entire Country right now then?

and New York got absolutely smoked, like worst in the world level smoked.

FL, Tx, Az did not get smoked and their worse will be no where on the level NY experienced.

Comment

Working...
                                X