Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most of us realized it, but Gallup polling from last month confirmed a clear political divide over mask wearing. Most striking is that 94% of self-identified Democrats say they always or very often use masks outside their homes while only 46% of republicans make the same claim. Sadly, 36% say they rarely or never wear a mask outside the home. Only 2% of Democrats in the Gallup poll claim that kind of stupidity.

Everything in this country is political now and what's more dangerous, one side of the political spectrum has decided to eschew science, evidence, and facts when making their political calculations since the other side appears to be relying precisely on science, evidence and facts.

I guarantee if trump had come out in mid-March and said wearing masks might be in our national interest and all Americans should consider it, then on April 1st said the facts clearly show it will help and all Americans should wear a mask when away from home, you would still see those same 94% of Democrats wearing a mask most of the time and you almost certainly seee 3/4 or more of republicans saying the same thing. Had that one additional thing happened, thousands more would be alive today, and the PAC-12 and the B1G would probably still be planning on playing football because we would have gotten a handle on this virus by now.

Comment

• And if some big time Democratic leader had come out and said masks are useless and won't protect you, those same 98% of Democrats would still be wearing masks.

You can't fix stupid. Unfortunately, stupid has a large megaphone and won't stop yelling.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        And if some big time Democratic leader had come out and said masks are useless and won't protect you, those same 98% of Democrats would still be wearing masks.

You can't fix stupid. Unfortunately, stupid has a large megaphone and won't stop yelling.
        Hawaii has a very strict mask mandate, is an island and is dominated by the Democratic Party?

Why are they seeing a spike in “cases”?

oh yeah because a virus doesn’t care if you standstill (quarantine) and put cloth over your face, even if being told to like a child.

Comment

• Does anyone have a list of all the hosptial systems that are overwhelmed?

https://mobile.twitter.com/justin_ha...31857769619456

Probably not but just wanted to check.

Most likely why we have now shifted over to a “Casedemic” and are acting hysterical every time there is a positive PCR test for Virus RNA.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            And if some big time Democratic leader had come out and said masks are useless and won't protect you, those same 98% of Democrats would still be wearing masks.

And because a sizable portion of this country is stupid, instead of being able to have gotten a handle on this virus sometime over the summer, we are actually never going to really get a handle on it. Too many people are thumbing their noses even at mask mandates. And I am willing to bet they are precisely the people most likely to behave in ways that increase their risks, like congregating in crowded bars or spending a week thumbing their noses at scared wimps like us while they live it up in Sturgis. Sort of like seat belts. The people most likely to not put them on (teenagers and drunk drivers) are the ones most likely to have car accidents.

Outside of work, grocery shopping and about 3 trips to Target in the last 5 months, I haven't gone anywhere where people are congregating. And always when I do go to a store and almost always to a meeting inside at work, I put on a mask. But I was in two of my shops yesterday and today, and I only saw one person wearing face covering other than me. And one of the two states I was in mandates it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Outside of work, grocery shopping and about 3 trips to Target in the last 5 months, I haven't gone anywhere where people are congregating. And always when I do go to a store and almost always to a meeting inside at work, I put on a mask. But I was in two of my shops yesterday and today, and I only saw one person wearing face covering other than me. And one of the two states I was in mandates it.
              Jebby would call you a puzzy.

Hovey would write three paragraphs about how he would never call someone a word like that for choosing to wear a mask.

But he'd still think you were.
              Last edited by rufus; 08-14-2020, 03:51 PM.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

And because a sizable portion of this country is stupid, instead of being able to have gotten a handle on this virus sometime over the summer, we are actually never going to really get a handle on it. Too many people are thumbing their noses even at mask mandates. And I am willing to bet they are precisely the people most likely to behave in ways that increase their risks, like congregating in crowded bars or spending a week thumbing their noses at scared wimps like us while they live it up in Sturgis. Sort of like seat belts. The people most likely to not put them on (teenagers and drunk drivers) are the ones most likely to have car accidents.

Thankfully, a lot of people here in Ann Arbor wear masks. But I don't get out much, either. Walks and runs during the day- no mask because we see nobody, and if we do, we get a long way from them. Handful of times, gone out shopping, most people with masks, and a couple of times, went out to dinner- masks required until you sit- and everyone is a long way away from each other. And since March, I've been to work exactly 3 times, and less than an hour each time. Thankfully, I can very effectively work from home, so that few people are interacting in person.

Rules seem to be effective, as cases per day have been under 500 for a week now- mostly under 300, actually.

And took a peek at Florida- in spite of them testing 20% less, they still had almost 10k cases yesterday, and another +200 deaths. Just suggestions, no rules.

Since 8/12, more people have died in Florida than have been tested positive in Michigan per day.

If that's not a glaring example of why legal rules are required, I'm not sure what else would be. Things are opening up- schools are allowed to by hybrid, and given the trends, it seems to me that by 2021, kids will be in school. Michigan had a webinar yesterday outlining how students will be coming back to campus- at least the ones that have to.

Funny that the B1G canceled football when COVID is getting more under control, and the SEC and ACC plan on playing with the infection running wild. Funny as in a sad clown.
                Last edited by alfablue; 08-14-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• I got it. To ease the daily pain and suffering that the COVID deniers think is no big deal, let’s just start rounding up 1000 people each day, and execute them. Same fatality numbers result, just minus the hospital costs and suffering.
                  I mean, according to trumpettes, people are going to die anyways.
                  Don’t like this tongue-in-cheek idea? Well, I’m joking, but the “gain immunity “ morons aren’t and consider grandparents expendable.
                  $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                  Just win.....

Comment

• Great Thread

the latest push for masks has been as "source protection" it's not about you, it's about being considerate & not spreading COV to others it's a great PR soundbite and virtue signal, but is there any actual science behind it? this study sheds real doubt

https://mobile.twitter.com/boriquaga...58667388063747

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01658736

https://mobile.twitter.com/PishPishC...10709054287872

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBackSa...72905756749826

Still doubt that masks are solely for 1)maintaining fear 2)virtue signaling? Why aren't mask mandaters insisting they be disposed of by red bagging? THIS WOULD BE ESSENTIAL and standard. Answer: Masks are to maintain fear and virtue signal.

Comment

• It is really fascinating (in a bad way) how different rules and how things are being handled.
                        mr les school just pulled the plug and went virtual unless you need to be in person. Every effort to minimize on campus presence. Everyone who is on campus will have testing weekly. All sorts of measures in place to decrease people on campus
                        The U I work at is full court press. Work 5 days a week on campus unless you get a dispensation (which it is clear they do not want to give and do not encourage you asking for). No testing. Classes are on campus. No testing being instituted just syptom checks. If you have exposure quarantine if you have symptoms. (nothing if no symptoms?!) They just emailed us they will be opening the common staff rooms with kitchenettes/microwaves, fridges and those will be cleaned weekly but they will have wipes available. I am sure this will go swimmingly. Thank God I am virtual

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          It is really fascinating (in a bad way) how different rules and how things are being handled.
                          mr les school just pulled the plug and went virtual unless you need to be in person. Every effort to minimize on campus presence. Everyone who is on campus will have testing weekly. All sorts of measures in place to decrease people on campus
                          The U I work at is full court press. Work 5 days a week on campus unless you get a dispensation (which it is clear they do not want to give and do not encourage you asking for). No testing. Classes are on campus. No testing being instituted just syptom checks. If you have exposure quarantine if you have symptoms. (nothing if no symptoms?!) They just emailed us they will be opening the common staff rooms with kitchenettes/microwaves, fridges and those will be cleaned weekly but they will have wipes available. I am sure this will go swimmingly. Thank God I am virtual
                          Sounds like the end of the world is near. By your description of how out of control things are I am sure the hospitals are overflowing and people are being turned away.

#Casedemic #NotOneSingle”Case”

Comment

• https://www.necn.com/news/coronaviru...nAVxx68EaQVGtI Yup. Really smart people playing sport of hockey. Parents- are dumb

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              https://www.necn.com/news/coronaviru...nAVxx68EaQVGtI Yup. Really smart people playing sport of hockey. Parents- are dumb
                              Interesting that a parent just shrugged. As if nothing can be done, and we are all going to be exposed. Uh, no. Just those of you who pretend that this isn't a big deal. This will soon be the #3 cause of death in the US. When other countries have had almost none.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Interesting that a parent just shrugged. As if nothing can be done, and we are all going to be exposed. Uh, no. Just those of you who pretend that this isn't a big deal. This will soon be the #3 cause of death in the US. When other countries have had almost none.
                                Yeah the kid tested for SARS-Cov-2 and most likely didnít even have an active Covid19 infection. Better shut down the town.

By your post I take it the hospitals in that town are over run? Have to be.

What is the point of sharing some random story of a kid testing asymptomatic for a virus and not even a confirmation of an active infection?

That certainly doesnít paint the virus in a dangerous way. You would only continually share stories like this to create an environment of hysteria, fear, and panic.
                                Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-15-2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X