Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The worst thing about COVID was going to urgent care.

    How can you people stand it? Seriously. I went to an urgent care in what is effectively a gated community for people with graduate degrees and I could STILL smell the Poors from a mile away. My Doctor was from I Can't Believe It's a Medical School. The other patients waiting were... average!

    Usually I have to have at least 8 drinks before willingly entering into that company.

    Covid, BTW, is no fucking joke. I woke up around 9, waited for 2 hours to be seen so that I could get my antivirals ("I see you qualify because of your high blood pressure and BMI." Just give me the drugs, titty fucker). Came home in such a fog I completely forgot Cornell was in the NCAA lax title game* but then slept almost all afternoon anyway. Jesus fuck, I want today back.

    * This actually turned out to be a blessing.
    Yeah but you were triaged to the lower ivy care center.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by burd View Post

      Yeah but you were triaged to the lower ivy care center.
      I think I fell all the way to state school.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

        I think I fell all the way to state school.
        Were the other patients better looking?

        Comment


        • Covid has mental effects is what I'm taking away from all of this.

          Cornell '04, Stanford '06


          KDR

          Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

          Test to see if I can add this.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by burd View Post

            Were the other patients better looking?
            Yes. But that's a low bar.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Covid has mental effects is what I'm taking away from all of this.
              Does this virus make me look fat?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Covid has mental effects is what I'm taking away from all of this.
                Actually, it can. “COVID Fog” is a real thing, causing short-term memory issues and confusion.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                Comment


                • Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Actually, it can. “COVID Fog” is a real thing, causing short-term memory issues and confusion.
                  When Kepler starts extolling the virtues of Reagan, we can probably start talking about an intervention.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                    When Kepler starts extolling the virtues of Reagan, we can probably start talking about an intervention.
                    If it comes to that I'd just prefer to be put down humanely.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                      If it comes to that I'd just prefer to be put down humanely.
                      Fair enough.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                        Fair enough.
                        I knew I could count on you.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          The worst thing about COVID was going to urgent care.

                          How can you people stand it? Seriously. I went to an urgent care in what is effectively a gated community for people with graduate degrees and I could STILL smell the Poors from a mile away. My Doctor was from I Can't Believe It's a Medical School. The other patients waiting were... average!

                          Usually I have to have at least 8 drinks before willingly entering into that company.

                          Covid, BTW, is no fucking joke. I woke up around 9, waited for 2 hours to be seen so that I could get my antivirals ("I see you qualify because of your high blood pressure and BMI." Just give me the drugs, titty fucker). Came home in such a fog I completely forgot Cornell was in the NCAA lax title game* but then slept almost all afternoon anyway. Jesus fuck, I want today back.

                          * This actually turned out to be a blessing.
                          My brother took antivirals, tested negative and then 6 days later noticed symptoms and tested positive. Be careful of the rebound
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                          Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by walrus View Post

                            My brother took antivirals, tested negative and then 6 days later noticed symptoms and tested positive. Be careful of the rebound
                            Hmm. How do that work? Was the middle test a false negative?

                            I confirmed my work's controlling rules, which are the United Fucking States Government's, do not require a negative to return to work. At P+5 (positive test date plus 5 calendar days) you are permitted to return to work if you are asymptomatic. You must wear a mask until P+10.

                            I don't think you even needed to have taken anti-virals. The fuck? Did we really knuckle under to the short bus kids that much?
                            Last edited by Kepler; 05-31-2022, 05:46 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                              Hmm. How do that work? Was the middle test a false negative?

                              I confirmed my work's controlling rules, which are the United Fucking States Government's, do not require a negative to return to work. At P+5 (positive test date plus 5 calendar days) you are permitted to return to work if you are asymptomatic. You must wear a mask until P+10.

                              I don't think you even needed to have taken anti-virals. The fuck? Did we really knuckle under to the short bus kids that much?
                              That’s the latest thing on Paxlovid… sounds like it is still proving to be good at keeping those high risk out of the hospital but does not do much for the regular crowd - and maybe just prolongs the time it takes to clear it from the system (but who knows? Just my observation). It seems like they are giving it to everyone and anyone now, not just those who are truly in the high risk category for who it was intended.

                              edit: sounds like paxlovid only extending quarantine for those who don’t really need it could be a thing:

                              From this article:
                              https://time.com/6181388/paxlovid-rebound-what-to-know/

                              Otherwise healthy people, especially those who are vaccinated and boosted, may not benefit from the therapy, especially since people need to start taking it as close to when they first experience symptoms as possible in order for it to be effective. The rebound might just extend quarantine periods for them as well, since they might recover without the drug and not experience rebound infections in a shorter period of time.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                If it comes to that I'd just prefer to be put down humanely.
                                I got it all set up...
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

                                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X