Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy, its like something that nobody can see keeps driving this thread to the top.

Maybe ol' Walt Poddubny can start posting here.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Thanks for the invite, Rufus. As a dead person, I don't live in fear of Covid--I mean, I don't live so I really can't live in fear. I will say that the "quality" of this thread is akin to the Welcome to the Biden Administration thread, so at least there is some consistency.

Comment

• Two months after contracting COVID, I still have a hacking cough and shortness of breath. At least the cough is nonproductive.

oh, and tomorrow is my first day back in the office since 1/31/2020. I had a good run.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Two months after contracting COVID, I still have a hacking cough and shortness of breath. At least the cough is nonproductive.

oh, and tomorrow is my first day back in the office since 1/31/2020. I had a good run.
          Have you talked about this with your doctor?

I had a non-Covid bug last fall and my hacking, productive cough lasted into February. At one point I got an RX for prednisone and that pretty much cleared me right up. URI often turn into nagging issues like that, long after the bug itself is out of your system. But ask a real doctor-type person, not a schlep like me. Even though you didn't really ask.

Or it's super AIDS.

Probably the latter.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I had a non-Covid bug last fall and my hacking, productive cough lasted into February. At one point I got an RX for prednisone and that pretty much cleared me right up. URI often turn into nagging issues like that, long after the bug itself is out of your system. But ask a real doctor-type person, not a schlep like me. Even though you didn't really ask.

Or it's super AIDS.

Probably the latter.
            I’ve had a course of Advair and prednisone, with no luck, and yesterday I just finished a course of benzonatate yesterday.

Back in my powerlifting days, had I ever taken anabolic steroids, my course of prednisone has proved to me that I wouldve been a huge ‘roid rager.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Or it's super AIDS.

Probably the latter.
              Nah. Probably Lupus.

Comment

Shortly after my company said we are leaving it up to individual discussions between employees and their supervisor, they then started putting pressure on getting people back in the office.

So, my supervisor had to have a discussion with each person. My supervisor is very flexible, and quite frankly doesn't care as long as you are getting your job done. But, he had to do what he is told to do.

So, at the start of our conversation, I said, "We will decide in this conversation whether I will be working from home or retiring." He told me, there are a number of people in the overall organization who also will decide to retire for this very reason.

After the conversation, where he had to tell me the options, he said he will put me down as full remote and see where it goes. You see, to get that status, you need a full swath of approvals. While hybrid or full return is simply just stating that option.

So, the decision whether I retire is postponed. For now...

(Oh, and here's the irony. Because our company is suffering huge number of departures, upper management is being measured by how they retain employees. And apparently they are also being measured on how well they get people back in the office. Typical upper management idiocy. They don't seem to understand those goals are mutually exclusive.)
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

Nah. Probably Lupus.

Comment

Nah. Probably Lupus.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Nah. Probably Lupus.
                      It's never lupus
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I’ve had a course of Advair and prednisone, with no luck, and yesterday I just finished a course of benzonatate yesterday.

Back in my powerlifting days, had I ever taken anabolic steroids, my course of prednisone has proved to me that I wouldve been a huge ‘roid rager.
                        I hope you're feeling better soon man.

Dr. Swansong says is Space AIDS.

Comment

I hope you're feeling better soon man.

Dr. Swansong says is Space AIDS.
                          Space lasers will take care of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Space lasers will take care of that.
                            Are these space lasers of Jewish descent?

Comment

Are these space lasers of Jewish descent?
                              Of course. They make the best doctors.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Of course. They make the best doctors.
                                *checks provider list*

Yup. That checks out.

Comment

Working...
                                X