Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

No patience. There's no patience in anything anymore.

Comment

• hmmm, in a study of hospitalized CV-19 pts, 40% of vaxed ones and 25% of unvaxed were not admitted for CV-19 treatment, i.e., they were incidental positives.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...506v1.full.pdf

#Science
      #Covidians
      #AdultChildren

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Most likely sources:
        Wild: China
        Alpha: UK
        Beta: South Africa
        Gamma: Brazil
        Delta: Emerged in India
        Omicron: Somewhere in southern Africa

Zeta: Brazil
        Mu: South America, Columbia
        Lambda: Peru, most likely
        Kappa: India
        Iota: NYC

So of all the VOIs and VOCs so far, one has come out of the US. These variants are coming out of areas with very low vaccination rates. None of these have been because the US opened up and none would have been prevented by staying closed.

Edit: And none of this is to say the variant that kills us all doesn't come from Dubuque. I'm just making a point that your logic here is faulty, but the point you're trying to make isn't necessarily incorrect. We should continue to be vigilant and we should be doing genetic testing on as many cases as we can and for the love of god, especially if case loads go down after Omicron and we start to open up. If there's a pocket of infections, they should be genotyped.

Very soon we will be having enough Paxlovid to restock hospitals and <5 vax approved. Once that happens, I don't think there's any logical reason to keep things closed or tell people to stay home. I've already said that boosted individuals have about 1/3 the fatality rate of the flu. A third!
        The fallacy seems to be that if you are for lifting of restrictions that means you are for getting rid of precautions. I think you and I both know Minneapolis and Saint Paul arent for that. (or Nevada who just opened up) Just because we won't have 16 year old checkout girls telling old MAGAytes to mask up (which they wouldn't do anyways) doesn't mean most of us still won't mask up. Almost nothing is going to change except now it is up to the business or person to choose not the city. If Target says they don't want a mask policy choose not to go there or wear your mask anyways they aren't going to reject your money because of it I promise you.

No one is truly less safe today than they were yesterday and people acting like we are sound as much like crackpots as the Jebbers of the world.

As you say we need to stay vigilant and we need to keep studying this especially as things open up. More variants will come and we will need to be ready for them. We can't stop it because we aren't the only place the disease is and despite 30% of the country being Qucumbers there are places were vax rates are way way way worse. (like Omicrons home Southern Africa) We can't control this, and this TSA like theater we are putting forth isn't going to change that. So let the doctors do their job and we can do our best to keep ourselves and others safe. The majority of us don't need a politico to tell us to do the right thing, and those that do won't do it anyways so you are yelling into the wind.

If caseload is on the rise then I don't want anything opening up that is just stupid. But Omicron's pattern is predictable and if you are on the downswing it is pretty easy to tell when things are safe. The Mayors of Minneapolis and Saint Paul really couldn't justify extending the mandate much longer when positivity rates have dropped almost 60% and hospitalizations are down almost 40%. Not to mention the restrictions for restaurants were stupid anyways...wear a mask, unless you are eating or drinking then pull it down, then put it back up. Leaving aside the fact that I would assume you breathe when you eat, as soon as people got their water they took the masks off and kept them off until they left. Most restaurants dropped the 6 foot restrictions as well even before the latest mandate. The whole thing was a joke and I have seen no evidence it helped at all anyways.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

And it aint gonna kill the introverts if the rest of the world lives their lives. No one is forcing you or your family to go do stuff. Your life doesn't have to change just because everyone else's does. You want to force everyone to live by your standards because you don't feel safe when even the experts aren't saying that is needed.

This is ridiculous...you are literally turning into what the crazies say we are.
          And introverts actually spend time with those who don't spike their anxiety.

Continued isolation exacerbates mental health problems, including addiction behavior.

I'm vaxxed, boosted, wear a mask in public, and if I see friends, I stick to those I spend a whole lot of time with.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Continued isolation exacerbates mental health problems, including addiction behavior.

I'm vaxxed, boosted, wear a mask in public, and if I see friends, I stick to those I spend a whole lot of time with.
            Bingo.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

C’est vrai. There’s a reason overdose deaths topped 100,000 last year for the first time in U.S. history.

Comment

• So, false alarm. Neighbor called me this morning. After she got her positive at home test yesterday , she called her doctor, went to get a PCR test. Results came back this morning - negative. She was told to take another home test this morning and that also came back negative. She just has a cold. Whew.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  So, false alarm. Neighbor called me this morning. After she got her positive at home test yesterday , she called her doctor, went to get a PCR test. Results came back this morning - negative. She was told to take another home test this morning and that also came back negative. She just has a cold. Whew.
                  Glad for her. And for you! :-)
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• COVID-19, one star, do not recommend.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• WRT masking- thinking that all businesses will be ok with people doing that- not really. I watch a camping/travel channel on the tubes, and this Canadian went into a barber to get a haircut with a mask, and they told him to leave. Then he went to another, the hair stylists told him he could take it off, he declined, and then she said she could not do it with a mask.... He got it but not without a lot of flak. He was in Florida.

It's their option, just like requiring vaccines. But looking at the pool of possible customers, it doesn't make much sense.

Comment

• some weird burst of sanity at the CDC this week, first the study acknowledging weakness of boosters, now a study showing how poorly PCR tests identify actual viable virus.

some folks understood this in March of 2020.

Covidians still can’t figure it out.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/28/3/21-1747_article
                        Last edited by Jeb2020; 02-12-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                          WRT masking- thinking that all businesses will be ok with people doing that- not really. I watch a camping/travel channel on the tubes, and this Canadian went into a barber to get a haircut with a mask, and they told him to leave. Then he went to another, the hair stylists told him he could take it off, he declined, and then she said she could not do it with a mask.... He got it but not without a lot of flak. He was in Florida.

It's their option, just like requiring vaccines. But looking at the pool of possible customers, it doesn't make much sense.
                          Then don't go to those places. Good lord have we all become wimps? Vote with your wallet and stop whining. (not you specifically) If the MAGAytes want to lose money like their Fraud King let them.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            So, false alarm. Neighbor called me this morning. After she got her positive at home test yesterday , she called her doctor, went to get a PCR test. Results came back this morning - negative. She was told to take another home test this morning and that also came back negative. She just has a cold. Whew.
                            Awesome news Scarlet!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Imagine being so triggered by someone wearing a little piece of cloth over their face that you flat-out refuse their business. You believe masks don't work, OK fine you can stand there and be wrong in your wrongness, but you've allowed yourself to become so politically polarized by it that you'll double down and take a financial loss over it.

The average American has a toxic aversion to admitting they are wrong about anything, even when presented with confirmed evidence that refutes their beliefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Imagine being so triggered by someone wearing a little piece of cloth over their face that you flat-out refuse their business. You believe masks don't work, OK fine you can stand there and be wrong in your wrongness, but you've allowed yourself to become so politically polarized by it that you'll double down and take a financial loss over it.

The average American has a toxic aversion to admitting they are wrong about anything, even when presented with confirmed evidence that refutes their beliefs.
                                The people who go out of business will whine about freedom of speech and how they were being canceled. That's pretty clear- blame everyone but the cause of people not showing up. Clearly not understanding that speech has consequences.

I would not really say it's the average American, BTW, more than enough have empathy and understanding that people want to protect themselves. Or whatever it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X