Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people go to a football game if you tell them at the end, you're gonna pick 600 of them at random and put a bullet in their head?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      How many people go to a football game if you tell them at the end, you're gonna pick 600 of them at random and put a bullet in their head?
      Of those who would go under those conditions, who (not how many) would still go if you told them you're gonna pick 600 other attendees and put a bullet through their heads?

And that before they're executed, 5% of those 600 would pick 3 other attendees and put bullets through their heads?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        How many people go to a football game if you tell them at the end, you're gonna pick 600 of them at random and put a bullet in their head?
        It's kind of too bad that cumulative hospitalization is no longer being tracked. As you can add in X number at random will get shot in the arm to be in the hospital, another Y will be shot in the chest in a non-fatal way requiring special treatment, and then another Z would be shot in the chest in a non fatal way that would require long term special treatment with lasting effects.

It would also put a number to 1 out of XXX chances of dying if you go to the hospital for COVID. Which is much higher chance than 1:370 (which is where it's at for dying in the US).

I see that Denmark is eliminating laws, but with the really high vaccination rate, Omicron is seen as roughly a cold, so they can let it run through the population. Whereas the US, deaths and cases still track each other well for the unvaccinated. Makes one wonder- should we just open up and let them all suffer? It's their choice after all. If not for the suffering of our neglected healthcare system...

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

It's kind of too bad that cumulative hospitalization is no longer being tracked. As you can add in X number at random will get shot in the arm to be in the hospital, another Y will be shot in the chest in a non-fatal way requiring special treatment, and then another Z would be shot in the chest in a non fatal way that would require long term special treatment with lasting effects.

It would also put a number to 1 out of XXX chances of dying if you go to the hospital for COVID. Which is much higher chance than 1:370 (which is where it's at for dying in the US).

I see that Denmark is eliminating laws, but with the really high vaccination rate, Omicron is seen as roughly a cold, so they can let it run through the population. Whereas the US, deaths and cases still track each other well for the unvaccinated. Makes one wonder- should we just open up and let them all suffer? It's their choice after all. If not for the suffering of our neglected healthcare system...
          Rip the band-aid off... The problem will fix itself within 6 months at this point.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
            Makes one wonder- should we just open up and let them all suffer? It's their choice after all. If not for the suffering of our neglected healthcare system...
            As each day goes by, I am more and more in the "Vaxxed and Done" camp. I'll follow up with annual boosters or whatever is recommended and I'm all for just returning to as normal as possible while keeping some precautions in place (proof of vax to go to an arena etc etc).

At this point if you are not vaccinated you are a moron and should get whatever comes your way.

Comment

• Ditto. If February plays out like it's predicted and being boosted is effectively cutting my risk by 67% relative to the flu, I'm done with most of it. I'll probably still wear a mask while shopping*, we'll be going to more events, oh my god actually having a date night out, having friends over, etc. I'm with you on the proof of vax though. Until we can get the country to 90% boosted, I say keep those restrictions in place. We'll still likely do rapid tests before visiting my 70+ yo parents and my nieces and nephews <5 (until they can get vaxxed).

My wife and I got married the day before the hard lockdowns. We haven't had a "normal" married social life in two years of being married. I'm ready.

*Honestly, I kind of like not getting sick. Even colds with my asthma take me out for a good week and a half. So when I'm back in the office and just sitting at my desk, I'll still probably keep a mask on because we have too many american heroes out there still. Ditto on shopping. It literally doesn't harm me one bit and if anything it keeps me from losing a couple weeks to illness every year, the cost:benefit is effectively infinite.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                COVID as the Trolley Problem: kill 6M to save one.
                That article says he has been out since February 7th...but today is February 3rd.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Ditto. If February plays out like it's predicted and being boosted is effectively cutting my risk by 67% relative to the flu, I'm done with most of it. I'll probably still wear a mask while shopping*, we'll be going to more events, oh my god actually having a date night out, having friends over, etc. I'm with you on the proof of vax though. Until we can get the country to 90% boosted, I say keep those restrictions in place.

My wife and I got married the day before the hard lockdowns. We haven't had a "normal" married social life in two years of being married. I'm ready.

*Honestly, I kind of like not getting sick. Even colds with my asthma take me out for a good week and a half. So when I'm back in the office and just sitting at my desk, I'll still probably keep a mask on because we have too many american heroes out there still. Ditto on shopping. It literally doesn't harm me one bit and if anything it keeps me from losing a couple weeks to illness every year, the cost:benefit is effectively infinite.
                  This is me too. I have no issue wearing a mask at my job or out shopping and will always have my vax card on me. Time to get going.

And yeah, not getting a cold is the best part of the Pandemic. Too many people walking around sneezing and spreading their disease everywhere. Masks are smart in many situations.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Short of another deck-resetting variant, I don't see any reason that masking/closures need to continue much beyond February (at least, not at the rate we're going). There just isn't enough combustable material left.

International travel is going to be a bit of a headache for a long time, but I think we're very close to the time to take precautions away. We had started to last summer, but then Delta came and messed things up (and, of course, Omicron) so who knows what's in store for us in 2022.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Oh absolutely. If another VOC/VOI comes out, everything resets.

We're trying to get our honeymoon in this year. Trying for Scotland. I'm guessing national entry barriers are going to be relaxed to the point of "Proof of vax" and test at the airport for most international travel.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That article says he has been out since February 7th...but today is February 3rd.
                        It was a typo. Cornell played in Grand Forks the first weekend in January.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

As each day goes by, I am more and more in the "Vaxxed and Done" camp. I'll follow up with annual boosters or whatever is recommended and I'm all for just returning to as normal as possible while keeping some precautions in place (proof of vax to go to an arena etc etc).

At this point if you are not vaccinated you are a moron and should get whatever comes your way.
                          I want to be in this camp, but I have a 2 year old. For all I know she already had it, or if she gets it, it might be mild. Either way, I'm not ready to take large risks, some calculated risks have been happening.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Rip the band-aid off... The problem will fix itself within 6 months at this point.
                            I heard on BBC that the mutation progression has slowly been up from the lungs to the upper respiratory tract, so, maybe, but I can't help thinking the longer this hangs on the greater the likelihood that it rolls triple 6s and we get the variant that kills us all.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Cornell never moved to the Gregorian. We're old school.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

It was a typo. Cornell played in Grand Forks the first weekend in January.
                                I know just thought it was funny.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X