Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    "I was a liberal until it slightly inconvenienced me."
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Highest active cases at any point during the third wave was 9M. Right now we are at 17.4M. That's one out of every twenty Americans, an active case, right now.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Thousands of Americans are dying from Omicron each week. The good news is that most of these deaths are mild.
        https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/sta...19380673658880
        It’s amazing how many of the people replying didn’t get the joke.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

It’s amazing how many of the people replying didn’t get the joke.
          This was in the comments

Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            The author is a moron. I might except her premise more if she didn't pretend she knew how teachers in all blue areas felt. I get why she feels Cleveland is wrong and she should stick to that instead of acting like she knows better than all Democrats anywhere.

(for example teachers in my Blue City would prefer to be in her style of hybrid which is why there is an unprecedented amount of job openings...and well we know how Chicago Teachers feel)

I never buy when anyone says "I was a Dem until..." just like I don't buy when people suddenly quit being Trumpers. If all it took was one thing to change your mind you never were one to begin with. If you admit you would have sat out the Virginia Gubernatorial Election despite the fact that the GOPer running was basically destroying education using race as a cause then you aren't a Democrat and honestly you aren't someone I want to associate with. Rationalize it all you want you are the problem not the solution. She is one of the "Dems" that likely chose not to vote for Hillary because "both candidates sucked". I don't like people who don't understand the Law of Unintended Consequences.

Look none of us want kids to be stuck at home, school is important and all measures should have been taken to make schools safe. They weren't. Republicans blocked vaccine mandates and mask mandates basically making it a disease factory. The older the school (or more urban) the less likely they have the ventilation systems needed (or the money to upgrade them) to prevent spread. Class sizes were not lowered to allow for more social distancing because most buildings dont have the capacity to do that. (which is why often the hybrid model is the best to cut down on the amount of rooms needed per day) Why is it ok to let schools be The Wild West? Why do we have to protect the kids but not the teachers and support staff? Better yet, why are people pretending this isn't leading to problems for kids and the disease. Oh and of course the inconvenient truth this teacher seems to ignore, that kids are asymptomatic carriers.

I think there is a lot wrong with how the disease is discussed, I think the media is making things a thousand times worse than it needs to be and I think the author is correct that trying to have a nuanced discussion usually is met with derision by the feeble minded. That doesn't make her arrogant assertions any better though. And in the absence of states, counties, cities and districts doing what they were supposed to do and make the schools safer for kids and teachers, logic dictates that you do what is best for everyone, not just her the kids. Otherwise all you are going to do is end up with schools filled with kids and no teachers to teach them...the GOP wet dream.

note: My gf runs a virtual academy in our district. The school is only supposed to be for a few students who opt out of mainstream education. Parents in our area have been pulling their kids out of the in person schools and putting them in her school in large waves. They don't want their kids getting sick and know the schools aren't set up to protect them. Teachers and administrators in the district are quitting or having breakdowns at surprising levels. A principal literally walked out. Our mayor (a fuckwit who I am contemplating running against because he uses God to define his politics) attacked the districts openly over a mandate that never happened or even really discussed. There is no money and everything is failing. So I fully admit I have a bias against everything that teacher is saying because all evidence I see says she is full of fucking horse[bleep].
            Last edited by Handyman; 01-08-2022, 12:09 PM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

This was in the comments

I think most people are just going a long with the bit...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                We know it's worse than the flu because in a week and a half we will surpass the average annual flu deaths for all of 2022. Like, this doesn't even require math.
                "It's no worse than the flu," say the same people complaining we will need a booster every year.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The author is a moron. I might except her premise more if she didn't pretend she knew how teachers in all blue areas felt. I get why she feels Cleveland is wrong and she should stick to that instead of acting like she knows better than all Democrats anywhere.

(for example teachers in my Blue City would prefer to be in her style of hybrid which is why there is an unprecedented amount of job openings...and well we know how Chicago Teachers feel)

I never buy when anyone says "I was a Dem until..." just like I don't buy when people suddenly quit being Trumpers. If all it took was one thing to change your mind you never were one to begin with. If you admit you would have sat out the Virginia Gubernatorial Election despite the fact that the GOPer running was basically destroying education using race as a cause then you aren't a Democrat and honestly you aren't someone I want to associate with. Rationalize it all you want you are the problem not the solution. She is one of the "Dems" that likely chose not to vote for Hillary because "both candidates sucked". I don't like people who don't understand the Law of Unintended Consequences.

Look none of us want kids to be stuck at home, school is important and all measures should have been taken to make schools safe. They weren't. Republicans blocked vaccine mandates and mask mandates basically making it a disease factory. The older the school (or more urban) the less likely they have the ventilation systems needed (or the money to upgrade them) to prevent spread. Class sizes were not lowered to allow for more social distancing because most buildings dont have the capacity to do that. (which is why often the hybrid model is the best to cut down on the amount of rooms needed per day) Why is it ok to let schools be The Wild West? Why do we have to protect the kids but not the teachers and support staff? Better yet, why are people pretending this isn't leading to problems for kids and the disease. Oh and of course the inconvenient truth this teacher seems to ignore, that kids are asymptomatic carriers.

I think there is a lot wrong with how the disease is discussed, I think the media is making things a thousand times worse than it needs to be and I think the author is correct that trying to have a nuanced discussion usually is met with derision by the feeble minded. That doesn't make her arrogant assertions any better though. And in the absence of states, counties, cities and districts doing what they were supposed to do and make the schools safer for kids and teachers, logic dictates that you do what is best for everyone, not just her the kids. Otherwise all you are going to do is end up with schools filled with kids and no teachers to teach them...the GOP wet dream.

note: My gf runs a virtual academy in our district. The school is only supposed to be for a few students who opt out of mainstream education. Parents in our area have been pulling their kids out of the in person schools and putting them in her school in large waves. They don't want their kids getting sick and know the schools aren't set up to protect them. Teachers and administrators in the district are quitting or having breakdowns at surprising levels. A principal literally walked out. Our mayor (a fuckwit who I am contemplating running against because he uses God to define his politics) attacked the districts openly over a mandate that never happened or even really discussed. There is no money and everything is failing. So I fully admit I have a bias against everything that teacher is saying because all evidence I see says she is full of fucking horse[bleep].

Comment

• Tots and Pears

A leading QAnon promoter who urged both her followers and strangers she passed on the street not to take the COVID vaccine died Thursday of the coronavirus, making her just the latest vaccine opponent killed by the disease.

Cirsten Weldon had amassed tens of thousands of followers across right-wing social media networks by promoting the pro-Trump QAnon conspiracy under the screenname “CirstenW.” She was prominent enough to become a sort of QAnon interpreter for comedian conspiracy theorist Roseanne Barr and started recording videos about QAnon with her.

Weldon focused on attacking vaccines and other efforts to fight COVID-19, saying in one video that Dr. Anthony Fauci “needs to be hung from a rope.” She claimed the vaccine killed people and even recorded herself yelling at people standing in line to receive vaccines.

“The vaccines kill, don’t get it!” Weldon warned the waiting vaccine recipients in an undated video posted to one of her online accounts. “This is how gullible these idiots are. They’re all getting vaccine!”

In late December, however, Weldon started showing symptoms of coronavirus infection. In her last video, posted on Dec. 28, Weldon struggled through her remarks about the coming overthrow of the United States government, coughing and complaining that she was exhausted.

Three days later, Weldon was hospitalized in Camarillo, California. She posted a picture of herself wearing an oxygen mask to Instagram and claimed she had “bacterial pneumonia.” Weldon wrote in a post on the social media network Telegram that she refused to take coronavirus treatment remdesivir, calling it “Dr Fauci’s Resmedervir (sic).”
                    Of course the Qucumbers are threatening the doctors cause it is of course their fault she died.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Of course the Qucumbers are threatening the doctors cause it is of course their fault she died.
                      Then why are they trusting those doctors? Why isn't there a Q hospital, with Q doctors, to fix Q problems.

Sounds like a missed opportunity to me.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

There is plenty of money, the question is where is it going? What are your human lords that love you doing with it?

https://mn.gov/mmb/arp/federal/

Minnesota schools have already been granted over $1.3 billion in federal ARP funds. That's enough to put 3 extra nurses and 3 extra cleaners in every school and a HEPA filter in every classroom.

Comment

• “if you get a cycle threshold of 35 or more that the chances of it being replication competent are minuscule…So I think if somebody comes in there with 37/38 even 36 you gotta say it’s just dead nucleotides period.”

Most covid PCR tests in the US run at 40 cycles some even more.

Comment

Tots and Pears

One less person trying to murder people.

Your plan is working perfectly, jebbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Then why are they trusting those doctors? Why isn't there a Q hospital, with Q doctors, to fix Q problems.

Sounds like a missed opportunity to me.
                              Problem one is that they have to accept there is a pandemic in the first place. Since most can't get past that, it's hard for them to extrapolate to needing a hospital- let alone one fo them.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

"It's no worse than the flu," say the same people complaining we will need a booster every year.
                                10 bucks says that these are the same people who don't get an annual flu shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X