Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

    But eric makes my point. It's why I really don't see how testing would actually help significantly. Testing every single passenger getting on a ship has not solved that- it's really good, and rates are really low- but they are still a target of everyone pretending they care.
    Testing works when cases are at a manageable level. Our goal should be to get and keep cases under 10k a day and to do that you need tons of testing.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

      But eric makes my point. It's why I really don't see how testing would actually help significantly. Testing every single passenger getting on a ship has not solved that- it's really good, and rates are really low- but they are still a target of everyone pretending they care.
      The Omicron outbreak happened despite all staff passing multiple PCR tests, quarantining and living in one of the most remote places in the world

      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...ves-no-escape/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

        Every government at every level in the US.

        Ive been clear that we should require masks indoors. We should have better contact tracing. We should have better data on where Covid is spreading and work to mitigate it. At this point we need a shutdown just to slow down the virus.
        So, lets again delve in to your 'solutions' a bit deeper.

        Wearing masks indoors. Yes, its an easy, and smart thing to do. So why aren't more people doing it? The people who will wear masks indoors are already doing so.

        What do you do about those that won't? Without getting people shot by the StormTrumpers? Again, this has been asked of you many times, and you never answer. How do you get the people who won't wear masks to wear them?

        Contact tracing. Again, a good idea. At this point, too little, too late. Omicron is making that almost impossible. The time to rigorously do that was 2 years ago, when you had a chance of nipping this in the bud, but for some reason, that administration chose not to. Funny, you never seem to hold them to account for their failures to do anything to mitigate the virus spread.

        And again, how do you plan to get the people who won't quarantine to quarantine? You know who they are. You just keep playing dumb and pretending you don't. Or maybe you're not playing?

        Data as to where its spreading? Again, day late and a dollar short now that Omicron's here. Take a look at a map of the US. There's where its spreading.

        Ok, but say you do have that data? What are you gonna do with it? Again, without setting the StormTrumpers loose on sprees of violence in opposition.

        So, like I said, your 'solutions' are "just do more". What you never address, is given the current political and social division in this country is.....how? How do you do more when a third of this country just won't?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

          And you live where now? ;^)

          Plus I wasn't talking about being MAGA I was talking about being uptight rich snobs which they are and have always been. (there is quite a bit of MAGA there though I can even point out where they hang out ;^) )What would I know though I have only had relatives there for the past 40 years = ^ p
          You do you. Again every city has bit of everything - but having lived there as long as I did it's not as bad as Edina or Wayzata for sure.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

            People don’t want to be told they have to stay home for 2 weeks if they feel fine but have the sniffles. They also have protected themselves and feel that they are no longer going to go out of their way to protect those who are stupid enough to not get vaccinated.
            Then people are azzholes. Jesus if you are sick stay the fuck home there is no excuse for that.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

              Then people are azzholes. Jesus if you are sick stay the fuck home there is no excuse for that.
              To be fair, our society has previously eliminated the ability to just sit back and recover when you were facing a "minor" illness, even before the Pandemic. You're expected to just suck it up and go about your life...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

              Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

              Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

              Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

                To be fair, our society has previously eliminated the ability to just sit back and recover when you were facing a "minor" illness, even before the Pandemic. You're expected to just suck it up and go about your life...
                Yeah except when you have a cold you don't potentially kill others. (and you usually cover your face to avoid hacking on people) If you know you have COVID that is a completely different story.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                  Yeah except when you have a cold you don't potentially kill others. (and you usually cover your face to avoid hacking on people) If you know you have COVID that is a completely different story.
                  The thing is that a large chunk if the country doesn't differentiate between the Cold and COVID. That's where the problem lies...

                  We've been told to "suck it up" with being sick until you are literally restricted to a bed, regardless of the illness. Unfortunately social norms don't change overnight, despite those norms allowing us to be stuck in this crap TWO years into this thing...
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                  Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                  Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                  Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rufus View Post

                    So, lets again delve in to your 'solutions' a bit deeper.

                    Wearing masks indoors. Yes, its an easy, and smart thing to do. So why aren't more people doing it? The people who will wear masks indoors are already doing so.

                    What do you do about those that won't? Without getting people shot by the StormTrumpers? Again, this has been asked of you many times, and you never answer. How do you get the people who won't wear masks to wear them?

                    Contact tracing. Again, a good idea. At this point, too little, too late. Omicron is making that almost impossible. The time to rigorously do that was 2 years ago, when you had a chance of nipping this in the bud, but for some reason, that administration chose not to. Funny, you never seem to hold them to account for their failures to do anything to mitigate the virus spread.

                    And again, how do you plan to get the people who won't quarantine to quarantine? You know who they are. You just keep playing dumb and pretending you don't. Or maybe you're not playing?

                    Data as to where its spreading? Again, day late and a dollar short now that Omicron's here. Take a look at a map of the US. There's where its spreading.

                    Ok, but say you do have that data? What are you gonna do with it? Again, without setting the StormTrumpers loose on sprees of violence in opposition.

                    So, like I said, your 'solutions' are "just do more". What you never address, is given the current political and social division in this country is.....how? How do you do more when a third of this country just won't?
                    The issue with the masks is all the mixed messaging. If you go back to last spring the CDC completely bottled it. They went all in on the vaccines and gave up on everything else. They made promises that were based on assumptions that were shockingly optimistic. If they would have been more forthright I don’t think we would be in the position we are right now.

                    I think you’re way too focused on the hardcore Covid deniers and not the people who are somewhere in the middle on Covid. These are in the majority and the ones we need to get wearing masks and taking other precautions.

                    If/when we get a handle on Covid again there needs to be some sort of reasonable plan to keep a lid on things. Like I said in my other post 10k cases a day is both manageable and reasonable. To do this need tons of testing and make people take precautions if they’ve been exposed. More than anything else needs to be clear and honest messaging.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                    Comment


                    • https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...47506668544002

                      Ron DeSantis came out of hiding to speak to a packed concert as covid cases surge in Florida. The “Let Us Worship” concert was put on by Awake America, a group that sees covid mitigation as a oppositional to the Christian faith.
                      He brought his wife who is fighting Breast Cancer.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • As Texas begs for federal help, they’ve just gotten a court to strike down a mask mandate

                        https://twitter.com/fpwellman/status...199229955?s=21

                        Comment


                        • Drew, were you not paying attention to the whitewashing or even squashing of information by the Dump admin during the first few months of the pandemic? If not, there are plenty of reports emerging from players involved at that time who spell out the shenanigans the orange man child employed to downplay the virus.
                          Your first paragraph about the CDC and masking reeks of that same disinformation…let it go.
                          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                          Just win.....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                            Then people are azzholes. Jesus if you are sick stay the fuck home there is no excuse for that.
                            Are they azzholes or is sympathy to the unvaccinated just gone?

                            A big part of the problem too is that right now the whole system is setup to punish those who are doing the right thing.

                            As an example, (I'm partially playing devil's advocate here but also partly serious):

                            - my kids are both vaccinated, my older one has already been bootsted and the younger one will be as soon as they are available.
                            - At their school only about 65% of the kids are vaccinated, even though every kid is eligible, and they are free and readily available.
                            - weekly pool testing is available for anyone wanting to participate.
                            - If they test positive, they will be told to stay home for 2 weeks even if they are 100% asymptomatic and perfectly well enough to go to school. There is no remote learning option available so they will fall behind in classes etc.

                            Why on earth would anyone sign up for that? To do what? Protect those who are too irresponsible and stupid to do the right thing and get their kids vaccinated?


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

                              Are they azzholes or is sympathy to the unvaccinated just gone?

                              A big part of the problem too is that right now the whole system is setup to punish those who are doing the right thing.

                              As an example, (I'm partially playing devil's advocate here but also partly serious):

                              - my kids are both vaccinated, my older one has already been bootsted and the younger one will be as soon as they are available.
                              - At their school only about 65% of the kids are vaccinated, even though every kid is eligible, and they are free and readily available.
                              - weekly pool testing is available for anyone wanting to participate.
                              - If they test positive, they will be told to stay home for 2 weeks even if they are 100% asymptomatic and perfectly well enough to go to school. There is no remote learning option available so they will fall behind in classes etc.

                              Why on earth would anyone sign up for that? To do what? Protect those who are too irresponsible and stupid to do the right thing and get their kids vaccinated?

                              Well, the vaccination does significantly reduce the risk of hospitalization and death....

                              But I'm not sure what you are asking. Is it questioning if parents really want to include their kid in the testing pool?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

                                Well, the vaccination does significantly reduce the risk of hospitalization and death....

                                But I'm not sure what you are asking. Is it questioning if parents really want to include their kid in the testing pool?
                                I am questioning how far those of us who have done the right thing all along are willing to go to protect those who are choosing to not take the free, easily available vaccine.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X