Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Texas rot. They’ll just scream about Biden whether he helps them or not. Let the independent state cut themselves off just like the power grid.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Because small changes in exponential functions yield massive changes. Not trying to be flippant. It?s just hard to overstate how powerful that function is with an R0 around 10.
      That's what I don't understand- how would it alter the R number at this point? A vast majority of people testing positive are unvaccinated, so testing will likely have no impact on them- as they are clearly not changing behavior. Even if they are sick, they will continue doing stuff.

Heck, people continue doing stuff that are vaccinated and have been testing- seeing the cases on cruise ships- a lot of those are people not willing to get tested when they have symptoms, as they are afraid of ending their trip. Even though IF they get infected, the cruise line will literally repay them for the lost part of the cruise AND send them home on their own plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Couple random questions for everyone...have the vaccines over or underperformed your expectations and how do you feel about the Covid situation now versus a year ago?
        After having it first hand, I am glad I was vaxxed because it seemed to have lessened the symptoms, especially in my wife who I feel would have needed a hospital trip if she wasn't. Instead, she had two days of feeling like a** with zero energy and bounced back. .

A co-worker (also vaxxed) who caught it before the holidays said he still went out grocery shopping and Christmas shopping despite feeling sick, and if I could have used AT&T to reach out and b*tch slap him for being part of the problem, I would have.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I would love to know why someone would think the vaccines are underperforming. But some people like to complain I guess

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

That's what I don't understand- how would it alter the R number at this point? A vast majority of people testing positive are unvaccinated, so testing will likely have no impact on them- as they are clearly not changing behavior. Even if they are sick, they will continue doing stuff.

Heck, people continue doing stuff that are vaccinated and have been testing- seeing the cases on cruise ships- a lot of those are people not willing to get tested when they have symptoms, as they are afraid of ending their trip. Even though IF they get infected, the cruise line will literally repay them for the lost part of the cruise AND send them home on their own plane.
            People don’t want to be told they have to stay home for 2 weeks if they feel fine but have the sniffles. They also have protected themselves and feel that they are no longer going to go out of their way to protect those who are stupid enough to not get vaccinated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

This also showed us why political leaders should never be allowed to decide how to deal with stuff like this. Shut your mouths and name some post offices let the experts handle it.
              Could not agree more with this. One of the major turning points in the pandemic was the spring of 2020 when we decided to ignore the CDC’s guidelines on reopening.

The vaccines have been incredible and it is nothing short of amazing how quickly we were able to get them into people’s arms. I think how we have utilized them has been nothing short of a disgrace. They should be one of three or four tools to slow the virus down but instead we have gone all in with them with disastrous results.

A year ago at this time I thought if I could hold on for a few months I would get vaccinated and things would get better. To say that hasn’t happened would be a massive understatement. I’ve had three shots so am in good shape personally but what about my kids and parents? I honestly feel much more negative about things now than I did a year ago.

One thing that concerns me a lot is are we going to be dealing with it every winter? If roughly half the year is like this it is going to really suck.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I would love to know why someone would think the vaccines are underperforming. But some people like to complain I guess
                It's Drew, you gotta ask?

Always asking questions, always wondering what we can do, offers up no solutions of any substance except "just do more"
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Could not agree more with this. One of the major turning points in the pandemic was the spring of 2020 when we decided to ignore the CDC’s guidelines on reopening.
                  Who's "we", kemo sabe?

And just who are the people not using the other two or three tools available to them? And why not?

You act like this is all happening in a vacuum, nothing could be done. When there are specific and easily understandable reasons for just why things turned out the way they have.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Who's "we", kemo sabe?

And just who are the people not using the other two or three tools available to them? And why not?

You act like this is all happening in a vacuum, nothing could be done. When there are specific and easily understandable reasons for just why things turned out the way they have.
                    Every government at every level in the US.

Ive been clear that we should require masks indoors. We should have better contact tracing. We should have better data on where Covid is spreading and work to mitigate it. At this point we need a shutdown just to slow down the virus.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• As a lib I sure feel owned: https://crooksandliars.com/2021/12/a...not-your-enemy

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Every government at every level?

And tell me, how are you going to manage a shutdown? Without people getting shot by StormTrumpers?

Comment

At this point we need a shutdown just to slow down the virus.
                          Fucking moronic.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

People don’t want to be told they have to stay home for 2 weeks if they feel fine but have the sniffles. They also have protected themselves and feel that they are no longer going to go out of their way to protect those who are stupid enough to not get vaccinated.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Frites and pear tarts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

But eric makes my point. It's why I really don't see how testing would actually help significantly. Testing every single passenger getting on a ship has not solved that- it's really good, and rates are really low- but they are still a target of everyone pretending they care.

Comment

Working...
                                X