Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I’m sure this is happening everywhere but just saw a tweet of restaurants that have to close for the entire weekend as nearly all their staff have Covid- St. Paul grill, bar la grassa, Martina, colita, young Joni, Owamni (hot new Native American place) and several others. Oof
    ^^Honk

A positive PCR test does not mean you “have COVID” (disease). PCR tests seek portions of the virus SARS-COV-2, not the disease COVID-19. If you’re asymptomatic, you do not have the disease and are unlikely to be infectious.

Restaurants are closing because of “Covid Theatre” not because many of their staff are ill.
    Last edited by Jeb2020; 12-31-2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Scroll down to the map.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• And just wait till Jan. 10th when we see the results of all the Holiday shenanigans... I'm definitely choosing to cut back on some things like dining out, sports events, and movies...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          And just wait till Jan. 10th when we see the results of all the Holiday shenanigans... I'm definitely choosing to cut back on some things like dining out, sports events, and movies...
          Double masks?

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            And just wait till Jan. 10th when we see the results of all the Holiday shenanigans... I'm definitely choosing to cut back on some things like dining out, sports events, and movies...
            Not to mention whatever Nazi Boogaloo the orcs have planned for the Beer Belly Putsch anniversary.

Not a chance I'm going out in public except at gunpoint at my triple-vaxxed, full mask, 15 people in a 60-person vault work, at all, until well past this spike collapsing. I hope that gives me a shot at Lake Placid, but no point dying for that.
            Last edited by Kepler; 12-31-2021, 11:11 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Sure every city has derps but that wasn't really the message being sent. But what do I know I only lived there for nearly two decades. = ^ P
              And you live where now? ;^)

Plus I wasn't talking about being MAGA I was talking about being uptight rich snobs which they are and have always been. (there is quite a bit of MAGA there though I can even point out where they hang out ;^) )What would I know though I have only had relatives there for the past 40 years = ^ p
              Last edited by Handyman; 12-31-2021, 11:44 AM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I freely admit I don't take very many chances anyways (and almost always mask up even when I don't have too) but I am not super worried with the new numbers. It is amazing how fast it is spreading but until we see proof the vaccine and booster is losing efficacy against the variant most of us are in a good spot.

I am not asking this for any other reason than just out of curiousity...is our testing rate higher now than it was at the other peaks? I gotta think it is because we have better access. I can literally get a test every day if I want and as I said the other day they were handing them out at the airport when we landed from Mexico.

(this is of course only for those who aren't at risk)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Plus I wasn't talking about being MAGA I was talking about being uptight rich snobs which they are and have always been.
                  FWIW, that's how I took it as an out of stater. To me, "Edina" is a synonym for "Grosse Point" or "Great Falls" or "Alexandria" or "the West Hills" or "Scottsdale" or "Wellesley" or "Naperville" or "Darien" or "Roslyn" or "Atherton." Places which if you know a person is from there, but know nothing else about them, you still have grounds for stabbing them. Places Peggy Noonan would feel comfortable.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I really wish that those maps had a lot more resolution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I freely admit I don't take very many chances anyways (and almost always mask up even when I don't have too) but I am not super worried with the new numbers. It is amazing how fast it is spreading but until we see proof the vaccine and booster is losing efficacy against the variant most of us are in a good spot.

I am not asking this for any other reason than just out of curiousity...is our testing rate higher now than it was at the other peaks? I gotta think it is because we have better access. I can literally get a test every day if I want and as I said the other day they were handing them out at the airport when we landed from Mexico.

(this is of course only for those who aren't at risk)
                      The only silver lining is it seems omicron is going to completely wipe out delta, which is a far far more deadly virus. I read something that omicron, while it spreads fast and overwhelms the system, it confers antibodies that are effective against all of the strains out there. Which wasn't true for Delta. Wish I could find where I read that.

If we're lucky, this is the last wave before it becomes endemic and we just have a seasonal flu-like virus we get a shot for annually. (Stop me if you've heard this before......)

Regarding testing, you can always tell if this is because we're testing more by positivity. If the positivity stays high, then it's not a result of testing. If positivity craters but case load goes up, then yes, it's "because of testing". It seems with omicron that testing is way up but so is positivity, including asymptomatic positivity like I posted above.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• More on tests:

https://theuscovidatlas.org/map?lat=...ull&viz=2D&v=2

it warms the cockles of my cold little heart to see MN's testing so high even in the reddest parts of the state.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Has there ever been a vaccine that is only effective for 8 weeks (maybe 7) before its "effectiveness" begins to wane and you require another booster?

Priming your immune response which will need boosting every ten weeks. The risks to healthy people are infinitely small. Your natural immunity works perfectly well. To clot shot all is totally corrupt/immoral

Comment

• "Effectiveness" = 32x less likely to be hospitalized and 20x less likely to die

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              "Effectiveness" = 32x less likely to be hospitalized and 20x less likely to die
                              That might be his stupidest remark yet. He's headed for Epic status.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Couple random questions for everyone...have the vaccines over or underperformed your expectations and how do you feel about the Covid situation now versus a year ago?
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X