Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    More testing and more nudging to vaccinations.

    It's become a part of people's core identity. My brother refuses even to take a test before seeing the rest of our family (including our pregnant sister in law, our 3 year old nephew and our 70 year old diabetic dad). Why? Because he's fine and he doesn't need it and he's not sick. Even suggesting otherwise or bringing up the enormous aymptomatic issue is met with laughter. Denying Covid's existance is part of who he is now, and it's heart breaking.
    My pregnant sister in law and her husband have just flat out told family who won't get vaccinated to fuck off. Politely. They don't get to see them or the baby until the baby is vaccinated or they are.

    Obviously that works for them and doesn't work for others. Just sucks that this is what it's come to.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

    Comment


    • This is an interesting theory about some interesting data on omicron in London

      https://twitter.com/bpfairfax/status...216831491?s=21

      so, I had to look up what generation time means. It's the time from infection of a person to the time they first infect someone. This person's theory is that even if R0 is higher, if the generation time is significantly shorter, it may be more susceptible to behavioral changes. I think. Obviously this is all conjecture and I only happened upon it after clicking through like eight other tweets.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

        My pregnant sister in law and her husband have just flat out told family who won't get vaccinated to fuck off. Politely. They don't get to see them or the baby until the baby is vaccinated or they are.

        Obviously that works for them and doesn't work for others. Just sucks that this is what it's come to.
        Yeah, my brother and his wife told our other brother that if he won't even take a test then they won't let him near our nephew, or sister in law. I'm going to talk to my dad and sane brother tonight - I don't even think my sane brother should come, regardless of insane brother. They are planning to take the train up - not a great idea during omicron's surge.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          This is an interesting theory about some interesting data on omicron in London

          https://twitter.com/bpfairfax/status...216831491?s=21

          so, I had to look up what generation time means. It's the time from infection of a person to the time they first infect someone. This person's theory is that even if R0 is higher, if the generation time is significantly shorter, it may be more susceptible to behavioral changes. I think. Obviously this is all conjecture and I only happened upon it after clicking through like eight other tweets.
          I'd read a little about this. All observational so offered and taken with a healthy grain of "this isn't a real study yet" but the time between discover and outbreak for Omicron has been substantially shorter than the time between discovery and outbreak for any previous variant, suggesting that the generation time is shorter than any other. Which is good in that you don't have 5ish days to spread it before showing symptoms (which is usually when people test). So for example:

          variant x:
          Day 1: infection
          Day 3: infectious, pre-symptomatic
          Day 5: infectious, symptomatic, tested
          Day 7: resulted, quarantine
          Day 10: symptoms gone, not infectious


          Omicron:
          Day 1: infection
          Day 2: infectious, pre-symptomatic
          Day 3: infectious, symptomatic (maybe), tested
          Day 5: resulted, quarantine
          Day 8: symmptoms gone, not infectious


          obviously the timelines are illustrative and not remotely exact, but most people will self quarantine once they know. If people know sooner........
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

          Comment


          • Not mentioned here, yet, but A&M had to drop out of the Gator Bowl due to Covid. That should make their fans happy. And I just read on the ticker- if any of the 4 teams can't play due to covid, it's an auto forfeit and the opponent goes to the championship game. The latest the championship can be played is 1/14- which is hardly a delay.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

              Yeah, my brother and his wife told our other brother that if he won't even take a test then they won't let him near our nephew, or sister in law. I'm going to talk to my dad and sane brother tonight - I don't even think my sane brother should come, regardless of insane brother. They are planning to take the train up - not a great idea during omicron's surge.
              Wouldn’t the easier route be to not invite insane brother?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                Not mentioned here, yet, but A&M had to drop out of the Gator Bowl due to Covid. That should make their fans happy. And I just read on the ticker- if any of the 4 teams can't play due to covid, it's an auto forfeit and the opponent goes to the championship game. The latest the championship can be played is 1/14- which is hardly a delay.
                No, A&M had to drop out because of Covid protocols. Not because they had to many ill players that couldn’t play. In fact are any of the players sick?

                The playoff teams should implement the Cornell protocol.

                To all the mitigation zealots out there…

                Meet Cornell University, a public health official's dream. 97% vaxed, mask mandate, daily checks, mandatory testing, travel restrictions, contact tracing, quarantines, social distancing rules.

                1,000 covid cases in a week and closed.

                Comment


                • Another One

                  BOSTON — A Boston talk radio host who used his show to oppose measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus has reportedly been infected with COVID-19.

                  WRKO morning host Jeff Kuhner, who called for Anthony Fauci to be put on trial for crimes against humanity and once agreed with a caller who suggested vaping bleach to prevent COVID-19 infection, has been off the air this week. Universal Hub, which first reported this story, said Sandy Shack, Kuhner's producer, is hosting the show this week. On Tuesday's show, Shack called Boston's new vaccine mandate "persecution against the unvaccinated."
                  Prayers going out for a full and speedy recovery for Jeff Kuhner / @TheKuhnerReport who is reported to be suffering with COVID. Be well Jeff!
                  — The Rombach Report (@club_ed8) December 22, 2021

                  Kuhner has hosted rallies at the State House opposing government mask and vaccine mandates and other government measures to slow the spread of the coronavirus. In a May blog post on WRKO's Website, Kuhner called Fauci a "criminal, liar and fraud" who should be put on trial for "crimes against humanity." In an April 2020 blog post, Kuhner said government rules to slow the spread of the coronavirus were being orchestrated by Democrats and "media elites."


                  "And for what?" Kuhner wrote. "To allegedly combat the coronavirus epidemic that we now know was based on a pack of lies and badly flawed data."

                  Two weeks after the post was published, Kuhner agreed with a caller to his show who identified himself as Zack from Stoughton and wondered if vaping bleach could prevent COVID-19 infection. The show aired the day after President Donald Trump suggested looking at bleach as a remedy, according to a recap on RawStory.

                  "Zack, you're not crazy, and bingo -- you said the word, you said the phrase...Thinking outside the box," Kuhner said. "That's literally what the president was doing yesterday. That's what a good chief executive does."
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

                  "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

                  Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                  Comment


                  • Eric Topol has jumped the shark. He's now sharing "studies" that dont provide data up front, don't provide methodologies up front, and aren't even pre-print. They're just some crap served up by a biotech startup CEO with super sketchy conclusions that were taken apart by those in the field very shortly. He then affixed himself to the cross and cried about mean tweets and started blocking people who questioned the study.

                    He's not as bad as Eric Dingbat, but boy is he on the road to that destination.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Another one, must not be following the science.

                      https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/21/p...vid/index.html

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

                        Wouldn’t the easier route be to not invite insane brother?
                        Families are complicated things
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Kuhner is a complete lunatic and has a voice that ... well it isn't a radio voice. The guy is wrong about literally everything. I think a lot of his shtick is just shtick, but genuine or not he's absolutely part of our problem.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                          Comment


                          • Broadcasting misinformation about COVID has long since crossed the shouting fire in a crowded theater line. Broadcasters carrying this stuff should lose their license. That would at least take care of radio and TV.

                            For the rest, start suing them for the expense they are inflicting on public services, and for private pain and suffering.

                            The Constitution is not a suicide pact.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • I had Omicron a couple times when I was a kid.

                              Comment


                              • The OGs representin'.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X