Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

    You can't convince the ones without vaccines to get the vaccine. You think you're going to convince them to stay home? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that those of us who have the vaccine are also the ones that are the most careful about going out in public.
    This.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

      Mexico isn't screwing around. Masks everywhere and temp checks and sanitizers.
      From what I've heard, Vegas isn't either. Due to local ordinance we will be masked indoors basically everywhere except the privacy of our suite or when eating in a restaurant, and there are essentially no exceptions.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Still, if its 3, 4 or however many times more contagious, even if it's less severe overall, just the sheer numbers of those sickened means the number hospitalized, and dying may stay relatively the same overall.
        And now factor in the people who are sick with "normal" diseases but receiving delayed or substandard care from overwhelmed hospitals.\

        These morons are killing all sorts of innocent bystanders.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

          You can't convince the ones without vaccines to get the vaccine. You think you're going to convince them to stay home? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that those of us who have the vaccine are also the ones that are the most careful about going out in public.
          I don't care about the Proudly Unvaccinated. I hope they all get what they deserve.

          I am asking the people who were smart enough to get vaccinated to stay home and reduce the overall transmission of the disease. Triple shot people won't die, probably won't even require hospitalization if they test positive, but we will serve as hosts and give COVID safe harbor and allow it to continue to rage and mutate for months, or years, more.

          If the entire population of vaccinated people took the strongest possible measures the unvaccinated would eventually not be enough to keep the disease going.

          COVID is The Wave. Yes, there are a certain number of people in the stands who love it and actively want it to continue. But if those of us who hate it control ourselves and sit on our hands and don't let our kids feed it the sickos won't be able to keep it going and it will die out.

          This also works with racism and sexism.



          Last edited by Kepler; 12-21-2021, 04:24 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

            From what I've heard, Vegas isn't either. Due to local ordinance we will be masked indoors basically everywhere except the privacy of our suite or when eating in a restaurant, and there are essentially no exceptions.
            Plus, Larry Flynt's Hustler's Club did a Boobs4Boosters free booster shot campaign today, so there is that.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

              I don't care about the Proudly Unvaccinated. I hope they all get what they deserve.

              I am asking the people who were smart enough to get vaccinated to stay home and reduce the overall transmission of the disease. Triple shot people won't die, probably won't even require hospitalization if they test positive, but we will serve as hosts and give COVID safe harbor and allow it to continue to rage and mutate for months, or years, more.

              If the entire population of vaccinated people took the strongest possible measures the unvaccinated would eventually not be enough to keep the disease going.

              So - to what extent are you asking those of us who have been vaccinated, boosted and had our kids vaccinated to stay home? Schools closed? Stop working? Things like that will be a non-starter again for most of us.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                From what I've heard, Vegas isn't either. Due to local ordinance we will be masked indoors basically everywhere except the privacy of our suite or when eating in a restaurant, and there are essentially no exceptions.
                Vegas hasn't fucked around for a while. They can not afford a shutdown.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                Comment


                • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Still, if its 3, 4 or however many times more contagious, even if it's less severe overall, just the sheer numbers of those sickened means the number hospitalized, and dying may stay relatively the same overall.
                  All unvaccinated people will get omicron eventually - just a matter of whether it’s all in the next 2 months or 12.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

                    So - to what extent are you asking those of us who have been vaccinated, boosted and had our kids vaccinated to stay home? Schools closed? Stop working? Things like that will be a non-starter again for most of us.
                    Yeah why should those of us who have done the right thing be punished for the sins of the fuckwits? They aren't shuttered up why should I be?

                    You can be safe and live your life. You can't just live in fear.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

                    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

                    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                      Vegas hasn't fucked around for a while. They can not afford a shutdown.
                      I ordered two at-home COVID tests for us to take next week, a few days after we return. We're both boosted with Moderna, so this is mainly just to see if either of us picks up omicron out there and is asymptomatic.

                      Comment


                      • I'm now boosted. Couldn't get on the schedule prior to my weekend in CA. But 1 day after is better than never.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

                        Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

                        Comment


                        • At this point in the pandemic crap show, and being boosted, if I was to pick up the Omicrom variant, I’d go to my local unmasked and unvaxed spreadneck hangout and sneeze away. Let’s move this crap along….evil thinking lurks…lol. “Here’s you herd immunity bubba”…..
                          Said in jest by the way as my daughter is a RN and we know the pain ongoing and incoming in her profession.
                          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                          Just win.....

                          Comment


                          • ^^ Yeah it’s not a Cult, not at all. ^^

                            Comment


                            • The COVID survival rate if you’re unvaccinated is 99.8% (including elderly & sick).

                              99.93% if you’re under 65.

                              99.993% if you’re under 45.

                              Just wanted to throw out a nugget of reality in the midst of this winter of severe illness & death.

                              Comment


                              • According to a huge body of scientific studies and data, those who have had Covid can go back to work, school, fly and everything else with far less worry about spreading or catching Covid than the (triple) vaccinated. I wonder why isn't this front and center focus?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X