Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

    This logic is on full display in conservative twitter right now. Have a gander at the Soledad Obrien kerfuffle and see what I mean. Kepler's dream girl made herself look especially stupid when she decided to weigh in.
    Oh no. I need to go see this.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

    Live Radio from 100.3

    Comment


    • Originally posted by alfablue View Post

      I think it can be slowed enough that it has a very tough time replicating. For many countries- that's their status at the moment. Not gone, but so close that it's not a major problem. And not gone enough to just open things back up willy-nilly.

      It's interesting to see sports in the EU- no fans, even at racing venues where viewers can be really spread out. And they are not seeing many new cases at all. On the other hand, here in the US- fans are being allowed at racing events, including in states where the virus has no indication that there's decent control over it. Funny how we continue to open back up faster than anyone else, and are wondering why people are still getting sick.
      I understand that but what I mean is that it hasn't actually stopped anywhere yet and won't be "stopped" until we have a vaccine. And even then it won't go away forever. This is here to stay and it seems like a lot of the derps wanting to open because it's overblown don't understand that.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

      R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

      SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
      Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
      Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
      Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
      Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

      Comment


      • Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

        I understand that but what I mean is that it hasn't actually stopped anywhere yet and won't be "stopped" until we have a vaccine. And even then it won't go away forever. This is here to stay and it seems like a lot of the derps wanting to open because it's overblown don't understand that.
        Or maybe they can't deal with their whole life being upside down. This is like telling someone they can't drink for the rest of their life- their automatic response denial, fear, anger and all the other stuff. If you ask them to be in the moment they do a bit better. Unfortunately trying to get them to figure out the denial will kill them is really difficult (just like the guy who is lemon yellow with liver failure and wants to tell you they can still imbibe.

        One of my acquaintances has been very proud to say they have made adjustments but have not 'stopped living'. They went on vacation 2 weeks ago to a place that is a popular place in my state- wore a mask most of the time. They are currently hospitalized. They had 16 contacts- all have tested positive. It is like a case study. People can't seem to figure out they don't get to negotiate what they will do and they don't get brownie points because they tried.

        Comment


        • Since les asked for sources-
          Florida Dept of Health's Covid page- https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...8ddedb9b25e429
          And the alternate page we found out about- but uses the same source of data- https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...1c643c195314e/

          The opening page of the FDH page has the death's per day, and if it's not obvious that the graph is going up, well, I'm not sure what to say. These are not media sites, they are data put together from the FDH. You can choose to believe it or not, but we do understand who is gathering that data in Florida.

          Comment


          • Bahamas bans US Travelers

            Are we winning yet?
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

              I understand that but what I mean is that it hasn't actually stopped anywhere yet and won't be "stopped" until we have a vaccine. And even then it won't go away forever. This is here to stay and it seems like a lot of the derps wanting to open because it's overblown don't understand that.
              It hasn't been stopped anywhere yet because people who have it(knowingly or unknowingly) aren't doing the right things. wearing masks, not travelling, staying home when sick, self-quarantining. My tourist town is like this thing isn't even happening. So far, cases have been extremely low, lower than I thought they'd be. But I still assume it's only a matter of time til it begins spreading here, just as it has been in other states that had low spread until recently. It only takes one person with the virus to set it off in an area that previously had none.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by leswp1 View Post


                One of my acquaintances has been very proud to say they have made adjustments but have not 'stopped living'. They went on vacation 2 weeks ago to a place that is a popular place in my state- wore a mask most of the time. They are currently hospitalized. They had 16 contacts- all have tested positive. It is like a case study. People can't seem to figure out they don't get to negotiate what they will do and they don't get brownie points because they tried.
                This is what I really don't understand. People don't 'have' to go on vacations somewhere, they don't 'have' to travel, they don't 'have' to hang out in the bar a couple times a week, they don't 'have' to go to Disneyland. They 'want' to. And far be it for a pandemic to stop anyone from doing what they 'want' to do.

                No one wants to change their behavior even a little bit in an attempt to stop this thing. "But we've always gone away on vacation".

                People are ****ing selfish.

                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                  This logic is on full display in conservative twitter right now. Have a gander at the Soledad Obrien kerfuffle and see what I mean. Kepler's dream girl made herself look especially stupid when she decided to weigh in.
                  Hey now, cut Me Again Kelly a bit of slack. It's not entirely her fault that her entire major network career will consist of a softball interview with a moonbat conspiracy nut, and that no one at Fox will give her the time of day anymore. ;-)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                    Hey now, cut Me Again Kelly a bit of slack. It's not entirely her fault that her entire major network career will consist of a softball interview with a moonbat conspiracy nut, and that no one at Fox will give her the time of day anymore. ;-)
                    Ha ha ha OMG that's perfect.

                    Comment


                    • Some good news- https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53469839

                      And I think this is the medical journal that the findings were published in just a short time ago https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...604-4/fulltext

                      The interesting part, I barely understand, is that there's both a T-cell and antibody response. This looks very promising.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rufus View Post

                        This is what I really don't understand. People don't 'have' to go on vacations somewhere, they don't 'have' to travel, they don't 'have' to hang out in the bar a couple times a week, they don't 'have' to go to Disneyland. They 'want' to. And far be it for a pandemic to stop anyone from doing what they 'want' to do.

                        No one wants to change their behavior even a little bit in an attempt to stop this thing. "But we've always gone away on vacation".

                        People are ****ing selfish.
                        This thread is like a little puddle of sanity sometimes. I feel the same way. We have gone one place that is in a rural area and never left our 'container', not once the whole time we were there- even brought our trash home. Both because we could pose risk and because they were ignorant enough of risk they were doing stuff that wasn't safe even though folks fromt he outside thought it was OK to come play.

                        In the last 2 days we have-

                        the guy in my original post who just graduated from the ICU and his 16 contacts.

                        A family member (with multiple medical risk factors) who thinks because they come from an area of low community penetration and they mostly follow the rules it is OK to go out to eat, visit family in yet another locale and take selfies with them crammed together, and go to multiple places that are touristy because- well, because. They returned home last night- hopefully without a guest along for the ride.

                        Posts on the beach from friends who go to the same place on the coast every year. They have elderly people with them who have medical issues and would be a skip from leaping right into the grave. The pics are of them at the packed beach, no protections, with the comment that it was crowded but they 'did the best they could'. One of these people is a medical professional who works in a hospital. Are you fffffffffffff1ng kidding me?? It wasn't even a year ago they asked me to talk sense into one of their olds because they were at risk and wouldn't be careful. Now they are all hanging out together as a family- coming from 4 or 5 different locales/States to stay crammed into one house, going to dinner, etc. This is not going to end well. They will be distraught and completely baffled when it goes bad. They will be shocked, just shocked when it happens.

                        Yesterday I walked by 2 different parties within a couple of hundred metres of each other set up for buffets, lots of people at tables crowded in because?

                        It is all magic.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Kepler's dream girl made herself look especially stupid when she decided to weigh in.
                          I didn't know Laia Manzanares Tomàs was even into politics.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Chicago tightens their restrictions

                            Bars are obviously a bad idea right now, so I'm 100% behind this...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                            Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                            Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                            Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Minnesota sets new daily record for cases. Whoop woop
                              Gotta open up them schools!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

                              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

                              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                I didn't know Laia Manzanares Tomàs was even into politics.
                                No think blonde too dumb for Faux ;-)
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

                                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

                                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X