Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Triple jabbed, but still wear a mask because I work in healthcare (AFC home), so does my roommate (patient transport- pushes wheelchairs and stretchers around a hospital).

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    My wife and I are triple jabbed, too, but still wear our masks when in stores and such. We have a toddler at home, too young to be vaccinated. We have to protect her. Different situations create different actions.
    Girlfriend and I do as well...no kid but parents have risks despite being jabbed.

Leave a comment:

• jerphisch
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

60% of the population is vaccinated in some capacity, almost the entire senior population is vaccinated.

We should have seen a vast improvement in all cause mortality in 2021 versus 2020. Instead they are the same.
    I'll give you a hint, there are more differences than just the one. Keep going, and maybe don't post again until you figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I am triple jabbed, so I no longer wear a mask unless a particular business requires it and/or still posts "Please Wear a Mask" on the front door (only because I'm not an a55hole). As I see it, I have done my part and unless the next mutation substantially increases the odds of death, I'm not going to be a COVID worrywart. If you are eligible then get your shots or risk suffering the consequences of your actions, because I am no longer going to inconvenience myself or go out of my way to protect you.
    My wife and I are triple jabbed, too, but still wear our masks when in stores and such. We have a toddler at home, too young to be vaccinated. We have to protect her. Different situations create different actions.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied
    Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

I know you got hit in the head pretty much non stop in utero, but try to think about what was different in 2021 vs 2020.
    Really? I think that might cause a bit too much pain. It also would assume the impossible- that there was an ability to believe anything was different from 2019

Leave a comment:

• Jeb2020
    replied
    Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

I know you got hit in the head pretty much non stop in utero, but try to think about what was different in 2021 vs 2020.
    60% of the population is vaccinated in some capacity, almost the entire senior population is vaccinated.

We should have seen a vast improvement in all cause mortality in 2021 versus 2020. Instead they are the same.

Leave a comment:

• jerphisch
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
    On a secondary note why has all cause mortality not changed (for the better) this year compared last?

Leave a comment:

• Jeb2020
    replied
    Vaccine effectiveness goes down the drain Plummeting VE changes health care policy

https://vinayprasadmdmph.substack.co...Published=true

Leave a comment:

• Jeb2020
    replied
    STUDY: From mid-January to the end of June 2021, 48% of all hospitalized COVID patients may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild disease. Harvard, Tufts Medical Center, and the VA analyzed 50,000 COVID hospital admissions

https://www.researchsquare.com/artic...jbZoxIG64MmvZE

Leave a comment:

• Jeb2020
    replied
    The double-vaccinated are almost twice as likely to be infected as unvaccinated people, data from Iceland shows. This is the same pattern as found in data from the U.K.

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/01/09/...iceland-shows/

Leave a comment:

• Jeb2020
    replied
    Preprint. “Vaccine effectiveness against Omicron was 37% (95%CI, 19-50%) ≥7 days after receiving an mRNA vaccine for the third dose.”

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....30.21268565v1

Leave a comment:

• Jeb2020
    replied
    Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
    I am sorry if that was the impression that my posts gave you.
    The Point:
    A rational person can make a rational decision that getting an influenza vaccination is not of enough significant benefit to them that they choose not to receive one. Despite all the differences between the viruses and their vaccines (lethality,morbidity, efficacy, SE, etc.), the same can be said about COVID-19 (albeit to a much less extent).

The Hypocrisy:
    I think that it's hypocritical to castigate/blame/preach at someone who made a similar choice not to get vaccinated for virus X when the castigator/blamer/preacher made the same choice with virus Y. YMMV

Please note that nothing I have said is concerning the spread of misinformation or making this a political issue. Those people, like DipShlt2020, deserve everything that can be thrown at them.

This is fantastic. I will be plagiarizing this in the future.

This is more words than I've posted in the past year. Back to lurking. Closing Remark:
    GET VACCINATED!
    Both would be better but some is better than none. Preventing just one viral pneumonia (of either type) frees up a bed that, despite what DipShlt2020 thinks, are currently in very short supply.
    Healthy people aren’t at risk, healthy people don’t take up hospital beds.

If you are fat/obese like 60% of Americans or have 4-6 comorbidities of Americans then yes you should probably consider the vaccine. And if you actually cared about yourself and others you would make an effort to improve your health.

On a secondary note why has all cause mortality not changed (for the better) this year compared last?

Leave a comment:

• busterman62
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

What I read in your post is that if you change your mind, you are a hypocrite.
    I am sorry if that was the impression that my posts gave you.
    The Point:
    A rational person can make a rational decision that getting an influenza vaccination is not of enough significant benefit to them that they choose not to receive one. Despite all the differences between the viruses and their vaccines (lethality,morbidity, efficacy, SE, etc.), the same can be said about COVID-19 (albeit to a much less extent).

The Hypocrisy:
    I think that it's hypocritical to castigate/blame/preach at someone who made a similar choice not to get vaccinated for virus X when the castigator/blamer/preacher made the same choice with virus Y. YMMV

Please note that nothing I have said is concerning the spread of misinformation or making this a political issue. Those people, like DipShlt2020, deserve everything that can be thrown at them.

Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The best reading of this I've found is to think of viral mutations as a car, filled with people. In this car, the infectiousness is the driver. Period. Anything else is a passenger. Now, passengers can affect the driver. Crazy high severity/lethality will negatively impact spread (a dead person will infect fewer others than a live person). But pure Darwinism says that all other factors come for the ride, have a bit of a say in the destination, but the infectiousness is, in the end, the driver. As you mention, the sole purpose of a virus is to make more of itself (hey... that kind of sounds like...)
    This is fantastic. I will be plagiarizing this in the future.

This is more words than I've posted in the past year. Back to lurking. Closing Remark:
    GET VACCINATED!
    Both would be better but some is better than none. Preventing just one viral pneumonia (of either type) frees up a bed that, despite what DipShlt2020 thinks, are currently in very short supply.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by jericho View Post

trsted positive for COVID or for being an *******?
    Tested positive for getting an ECAC bye more than once a decade.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by jericho View Post

trsted positive for COVID or for being an *******?
    He's still whining about having to play an on-campus playoff game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X