Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been an "essential" (expendable) worker since this all started. I can be as careful as possible, but I don't get the luxury of staying home.

However, I am grateful my current employer is doing their best to enforce medical grade masks for all employees and an appropriate distance between all people in the home I work in.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

They being the executives who made this decision and signed their name to the bottom of the email announcing it.

Because they're still going to have to quarantine and lock down periodically because of outbreaks within offices and plants. There are several locations where well over 50% were asking for religious exemptions. This means those people will keep getting sick and will keep infecting their coworkers.
      I see - you were referring you your company - I didn’t connect that to posts earlier in the thread.

Comment

• For anyone not boosted, get it quickly. You did the right thing and got the first two shots in the series, now complete it.
        OR, have your shot taken by an unvaxed spreadneck who finally “sees the light” come January when Omicron is raging. Doubtful the covidiots flood the vax lines, but it is a possibility. Get the booster now in case of the above and vax shortages. Obviously I want everyone vaxed, but it’s to the back of the line now for the idiots.
        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
        Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          My company finally had enough of pushing the return to office date back. January 18th it is. The original idea was that on this date well over half the company would be back, and working remotely would be about 50% of the time tops. They've done away with all that. My impression is that they are tired of sending out communications about it, so this is it. "Come in if you want. Or don't. We don't care anymore just do your job whatever."
          As much as I'm not really happy with the direction my company has made, I am very thankful that they don't seem to worry about the message that we are being pushed back farther for the return to work. And the "return to work" will hardly be what most people think, as the leaders have decided that it would be a hybrid work space going forward regardless of the pandemic. They set up a system where a handful of people go back to the office, a different handful can go back, and the the rest must work from home since last July- and it's worked. The only issue that has stuck around has been supply issues.

Mind you, this is an industry where the line workers have been social distancing forever, because that's how it works. Some adjustments into the HVAC system, and the spread is easier to control. And it's not like we are a small company- one of the Fortune 50.

I may feel like an insignificant cog, but they honestly care.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            My company finally had enough of pushing the return to office date back. January 18th it is. The original idea was that on this date well over half the company would be back, and working remotely would be about 50% of the time tops. They've done away with all that. My impression is that they are tired of sending out communications about it, so this is it. "Come in if you want. Or don't. We don't care anymore just do your job whatever."
            reply #2 to keep the thoughts separate...

So if the unvaccinated are the ones who REALLY want to return to work... well...

Then the question should be- how many people have to end up in the hospital before we have to stop? That was the measure early in the pandemic when meat packing companies stayed open until they lost so many people to sickness that they had to close. Could have worked harder to keep people safe, but they just waited until it was too late.

The irony of the answer to the question of "how many people need to die to make money" for someone else. "None" is always the answer, LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
              For anyone not boosted, get it quickly. You did the right thing and got the first two shots in the series, now complete it.
              OR, have your shot taken by an unvaxed spreadneck who finally “sees the light” come January when Omicron is raging. Doubtful the covidiots flood the vax lines, but it is a possibility. Get the booster now in case of the above and vax shortages. Obviously I want everyone vaxed, but it’s to the back of the line now for the idiots.
              I’d like to get mine this weekend but seems like it’s tough getting an appointment.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I’d like to get mine this weekend but seems like it’s tough getting an appointment.
                WCSH has a statewide list for Maine. I’d wait in line now while it’s still available and not take a chance on what I previously mentioned happening…..with a snowstorm coming tomorrow, that is when I would go due to less waiting.(unless they cancel of course).
                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

WCSH has a statewide list for Maine. I’d wait in line now while it’s still available and not take a chance on what I previously mentioned happening…..with a snowstorm coming tomorrow, that is when I would go due to less waiting.(unless they cancel of course).
                  That’s a really good idea.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    We are going to see a collapse of the healthcare system- that is pretty evident. What no one is talking about--huge burden, long term, on multiple fronts-
                    -healthcare in the community- lots of sequelae that will need to be treated and will affect volume of care needed, lack of availability for those who need their regular care
                    -economic fallout occurs when someone has a chronic illness- lack of financial resources, usually at least 1 family member changes employment status to care for the person
                    -issues re children- between the constant quarantining d/t exposure or positive cases- All sorts of disruption- kids having to stay home, teachers out, bus drivers out (our town is now down so many drivers they have to do double routes), daycare quarantining

Just some of what is happening in my town while the knuckledraggers are trying to go on with life as usual.
                    I think this cannot be overstated. Even if omicron ends up being a little less severe, the Rt is so absurdly high that we'll continue to see enormous rushes at hospitals that are already completely depleted. We no longer can call it a bed shortage. It's a staff shortage. And make no mistake. We've been rationing care for almost 2 years now. There's no choice - the demand substantially outstrips the supply. Either people languish and die in the waiting room, or we triage. Either we pay better attention to who we treat and how we treat them with ventilators/bipap/etc., or we lose otherwise healthy people.

Christians periodically talk about the (not actally biblical) motto of God helping those who help themselves. Unfortunately, I feel like most modern Christians have perverted that message.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

reply #2 to keep the thoughts separate...

So if the unvaccinated are the ones who REALLY want to return to work... well...

Then the question should be- how many people have to end up in the hospital before we have to stop? That was the measure early in the pandemic when meat packing companies stayed open until they lost so many people to sickness that they had to close. Could have worked harder to keep people safe, but they just waited until it was too late.

The irony of the answer to the question of "how many people need to die to make money" for someone else. "None" is always the answer, LOL.
                      See, that’s my biggest concern. The first few months are going to be a disaster. The unvaccinated will almost certain outnumber the vaccinated.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I had no trouble making an appointment at an independent small town pharmacy (in Southwest Harbor, Maine). They do covid vaccinations (full dose or booster) three days a week and have an online system for selecting a time and making an appointment. You also get your choice of Moderna or Pfizer. I made an appointment online and two days later got my booster.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

I had no trouble making an appointment at an independent small town pharmacy (in Southwest Harbor, Maine). They do covid vaccinations (full dose or booster) three days a week and have an online system for selecting a time and making an appointment. You also get your choice of Moderna or Pfizer. I made an appointment online and two days later got my booster.
                          This is the part that gives me cognitive dissonance. Florida has done so many things wrong, but you don’t even need a booster appointment here. Just walk in - every drug store and grocery store pharmacy has ‘em. Just not a thing.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

This is the part that gives me cognitive dissonance. Florida has done so many things wrong, but you don’t even need a booster appointment here. Just walk in - every drug store and grocery store pharmacy has ‘em. Just not a thing.
                            It's a demand issue. 6-8 weeks ago in MA, you could do the same. Now? Not.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I think this cannot be overstated. Even if omicron ends up being a little less severe, the Rt is so absurdly high that we'll continue to see enormous rushes at hospitals that are already completely depleted. We no longer can call it a bed shortage. It's a staff shortage. And make no mistake. We've been rationing care for almost 2 years now. There's no choice - the demand substantially outstrips the supply. Either people languish and die in the waiting room, or we triage. Either we pay better attention to who we treat and how we treat them with ventilators/bipap/etc., or we lose otherwise healthy people.

Christians periodically talk about the (not actally biblical) motto of God helping those who help themselves. Unfortunately, I feel like most modern Christians have perverted that message.
                              Remember how it was posted here that the doctors in the local systems posted a message in the paper saying all of this and begging people to get shots? They had a press conference at the time and the local news posted it on Twitter. The comments were normal people scared for the workers OR people attacking the doctors for either inflating the issue or apparently stealing the money the state gave them to upgrade facilities. I cannot stress enough the comments were close to a 50/50 ratio.

Nothing will change. They won't care until they are intibated.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

That is cause no one in Flo(R)ida is getting them.

I saw Patton Oswalt a few weeks back and he did a joke about this. (which was based on some truth) He could not get a shot in LA cause demand was so high. He had a buddy that lived somewhere farther north where it is more Red. He walked into a Wal-mart and watched as the doctors asked everyone if they wanted a free shot and got stonewalled. They asked him, he said yes and they basically threw him a party.

Back when I finally became eligible for my doses it was damned near impossible to find an appoint near me. (I stumbled on one thankfully) A half hour towards The Reds though it was nothing but open appointments. My advice for those that are having a tough time...head to Trumplandia they will happily give you one.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X