Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

The solution is getting the unvaccinated idiots vaccinated, not in telling people who are vaccinated and boosted like you and I that we can’t go to Dicks Sporting Goods or that our vaccinated kids have to go to remote learning.
    This, IMO, is the burnout I am seeing. People who got their shots/boosters, including myself, are pretty much ready to give a big ol' two-finger salute to the willfully unvaccinated and either end all the restrictions, or just require the vaccine to the point that we cut these 'tards out of public life as much as possible. It sucks for the small number of people who legitimately cannot get a shot for whatever medical reason, but frankly, barring a deadlier variant that escapes the vaccine, I'm done with masks, I've had enough of working from home all the time, and I'm done with cancelling shows and events to pander to the 45% of the country that can barely tell their asshole from a hole in the ground. I did my part for the past 21 months, so the remaining unvaccinated individuals who are eligible need to shut the **** up and do their duty for public health. Otherwise, I hope they catch it and frankly I'm at the point where I actually hope it kills as many of them as possible. It's time for the vaccinated to start exercising our own rights to be selfish pricks about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

This, IMO, is the burnout I am seeing. People who got their shots/boosters, including myself, are pretty much ready to give a big ol' two-finger salute to the willfully unvaccinated and either end all the restrictions, or just require the vaccine to the point that we cut these 'tards out of public life as much as possible. It sucks for the small number of people who legitimately cannot get a shot for whatever medical reason, but frankly, barring a deadlier variant that escapes the vaccine, I'm done with masks, I've had enough of working from home all the time, and I'm done with cancelling shows and events to pander to the 45% of the country that can barely tell their asshole from a hole in the ground. I did my part for the past 21 months, so the remaining unvaccinated individuals who are eligible need to shut the **** up and do their duty for public health. Otherwise, I hope they catch it and frankly I'm at the point where I actually hope it kills as many of them as possible. It's time for the vaccinated to start exercising our own rights to be selfish pricks about this.
      Mentally Unstable Alert ^^

Comment

The social contract is changing in many places. NYC and some of Europe are at the leading edge of these revisions. We'll see what happens.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I don't even really disagree with this. Getting vaccinated and boosted doesn't guarantee you won't catch and pass on the virus, so taking basic precautions is still valuable.
            But Drew thinks there's something more that "we", the vaccinated, boosted, mask-wearing, social distancing, precaution taking "we" can do more to end this pandemic.

Sorry Drew. You know how and why this pandemic isn't ending, and who's responsible for that. So, what's your brilliant idea to get them on board with the rest of us, and actually start taking the steps that will help end this thing?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The social contract is changing in many places. NYC and some of Europe are at the leading edge of these revisions. We'll see what happens.
              People being killed in the streets. That's what will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

But Drew thinks there's something more that "we", the vaccinated, boosted, mask-wearing, social distancing, precaution taking "we" can do more to end this pandemic.

Sorry Drew. You know how and why this pandemic isn't ending, and who's responsible for that. So, what's your brilliant idea to get them on board with the rest of us, and actually start taking the steps that will help end this thing?
                By ‘we’ I meant government. I don’t have any frustration with the people like us who are doing the right things, it’s more that the government has given up. Perhaps one approach would be to ban all fun things(indoor dining, theatres, sporting events) until 90% of the population is vaccinated?
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

By ‘we’ I meant government. I don’t have any frustration with the people like us who are doing the right things, it’s more that the government has given up. Perhaps one approach would be to ban all fun things(indoor dining, theatres, sporting events) until 90% of the population is vaccinated?
                  There are already examples of almost entire populations being vaccinated and it doesn’t do anything.

Not to mention the vaccine nor the boosters stop transmission.

Comment

“Help end this thing?”

lmao

There are way to many boosters planned for you, to be ending “this thing” anytime soon.

Comment

• 70% of Mainers are vaxed. Maine hospitals are full with 70% of the Covid patients being unvaxed. When the numbers show an overwhelming minority is also an overwhelming majority, it is quite obvious what is driving this cluster****.
                      $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                      Just win.....

Comment

Yeah, that'll go over well. These people held armed protests outside Capitol buildings because government asked them to wear a mask.

Next?

Comment

• First simple thing we could do is ban all air travel unless vaccinated.

but then again, what do you do when all the crying and screaming(and violence) starts? Ready to start jailing people? And if you do, what do you do when the violence grows?

Comment

First simple thing we could do is ban all air travel unless vaccinated.

but then again, what do you do when all the crying and screaming(and violence) starts? Ready to start jailing people? And if you do, what do you do when the violence grows?
                            That's a simple place to start. It's regulated and the people involved can't just skip out and not enforce the rules like a restaurant/bar can with masks.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

They have. And have been fought at every single corner by your former buds. Every. Single. Corner.

The attempted vaccine mandate has been pretty much overturned, for that matter, some states have made it illegal to have a vaccine mandate. We had mask mandates, and they were fought- and some states have banned mask mandates. We had social distancing, and some states have forced that to effectively end.

This is all about the right wing of this country fighting any good ideas to stop the virus at every single attempt. Within government, too.

How the heck can Florida pass a vaccine mandate or a mask mandate when they have banned both mandates???

Seriously?

Rational people see the same problem as you, have seen the attempts to pull this in the same as you think we should, and we've seen EVERY SINGLE STEP prevented. By the party you have voted for.

Go look in the mirror. Just like every single gun issue.

Comment

First simple thing we could do is ban all air travel unless vaccinated.

Instead of us killing each other, it's so much easier to let the right just kill themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X