Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Were your first two also moderna?

its 50ml for booster vs 30 with Pfizer so a subtle difference but moderna across the board seems to evoke stronger actions
    Yeah, all three were Moderna.

It's funny, my wife had the opposite experience. We each got the same shots on the same day in the same location. She ended up missing about a day and a half of work following shot #2, but she has barely had a sore shoulder with this booster.

I don't know, maybe I had a bad burrito or something.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...-bed-shortage/

Minnesota beds are (still) full. Don't get sick, or hurt, or in an accident if you can avoid it. For those wondering why the pandemic isn't really over yet, this is why. Vaccines can help you stay out of the hospital so for crying out loud, get vaccinated.;
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...-bed-shortage/

Minnesota beds are (still) full. Don't get sick, or hurt, or in an accident if you can avoid it. For those wondering why the pandemic isn't really over yet, this is why. Vaccines can help you stay out of the hospital so for crying out loud, get vaccinated.;
        MN received over $4 billion in covid aid and said they would increase hospital capacity. Capacity has actually shrunk.

ICU beds 5/1/20: 1,244
        ICU beds 11/18/21: 1,012 (-232)
        Non-ICU beds 5/1/20: 9.063
        Non-ICU beds 11/18/21: 8,260 (-803)

Source: MN Dept of Health
        https://mn.gov/covid19/data/response...e-capacity.jsp

Many people want you to believe that everyone is vulnerable and at risk when it comes to covid-19. But the truth is that covid-19 health impact varies greatly by age and health condition. The failure to form policy around this fact has hurt everyone.

Being healthy can help you stay out of the hospital so for crying out loud work on being healthier.

Comment

• Sweet. My wife's vaccinated chiro tested positive today and she saw her on Monday. Both masked, 10 mins, wife is boosted, and the chiro was negative Sunday. Symptoms just started late today. I'm thinking the risk is fairly low given all the things I mentioned. It just sucks to have to figure out how to handle this.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Sweet. My wife's vaccinated chiro tested positive today and she saw her on Monday. Both masked, 10 mins, wife is boosted, and the chiro was negative Sunday. Symptoms just started late today. I'm thinking the risk is fairly low given all the things I mentioned. It just sucks to have to figure out how to handle this.
            Holy insanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...-bed-shortage/

Masking up, social distancing, and getting vaccinated is part of a group project.

I HATE group projects.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Masking up, social distancing, and getting vaccinated is part of a group project.

I HATE group projects.
                No it’s not. Not unless you are a Staunch Statist.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Sweet. My wife's vaccinated chiro tested positive today and she saw her on Monday. Both masked, 10 mins, wife is boosted, and the chiro was negative Sunday. Symptoms just started late today. I'm thinking the risk is fairly low given all the things I mentioned. It just sucks to have to figure out how to handle this.
                    In that situation probably all you need to do is watch for symptoms and perhaps avoid any relatives or friends who might be in a high risk category for the next 5-7 days. She has done the right thing by getting vaccinated and is well protected.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

In that situation probably all you need to do is watch for symptoms and perhaps avoid any relatives or friends who might be in a high risk category for the next 5-7 days. She has done the right thing by getting vaccinated and is well protected.
                      Yeah, that's what we're doing. We called all the people coming over and got their thoughts. The only high risk people are my parents. My dad just got pfizer boosted and my mom is 3x modernaed. Everyone was like, "Well, if she gets a fever, let us know. Otherwise, the risk is low."

Which is correct. At the hospital, they wouldn't even consider that an official exposure since it was under 15 mins (even though it's a bunk # w/ Delta IMO) and both people were masked. We've had higher risk unmasked exposures with a friend who had a breakthrough case and we didn't get it. Which isn't to say the hot hand can't miss. It's just that the risk is very low.

I think part of the reason why it provokes so much anxiety is that we've been so careful the last two years so we haven't had many exposures. So understanding how to deal with them and what the real risk is, is more difficult. Parents, ER docs, etc. have all learned to understand the risks and how to cope with exposures. We haven't until now.
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 11-24-2021, 08:23 AM.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Are you all just getting your boosters from a pharmacy? I keep waiting for an email from the hospital system I used back in April, but I feel like we're probably on our own for the booster.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Are you all just getting your boosters from a pharmacy? I keep waiting for an email from the hospital system I used back in April, but I feel like we're probably on our own for the booster.
                          Yup. Don’t wait.

Comment

• Indeed, don't wait. My hospital system actually emailed patients suggesting they get it at anything conveniently located.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Are you all just getting your boosters from a pharmacy? I keep waiting for an email from the hospital system I used back in April, but I feel like we're probably on our own for the booster.
                              I went back to the Walmart where I got my first two shots. I figured that was probably the easiest, although the next day my hospital sent an email telling me I can schedule an appointment with them. Still probably would have gone to Walmart, however, because we needed softener salt.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Once it was recommended for all, I just went on the CVS website snd booked an appointment. There was a pretty good selection of availability a d I was able to schedule mine for the following day. Easy Peasy

Comment

Working...
                                X