Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    So WRT the vaccine mandate for companies- I see that a judge has put that on hold. BUT- are any of your companies rolling back their requirement??? Mine hasn't.

    Reminds me of the Deathsantis trying to remove requirements for his state, and getting massive push back from large companies in his own state. I know the cruise lines sued the state over the requirement ban- which matters a lot for them, since (like flights) they go to places that have vaccine requirements that are very much outside of the US CDC control.
    I would guess that for the time being, the large employers who are subject to the mandate aren't going to roll back their plans to make employees comply, probably for a couple of reasons.

    First, it probably makes good business sense from the standpoint of trying to get their employees all vaccinated. Second, at any point in time there could be another court ruling that the mandate is back in place, and it's not like companies can just snap their fingers and get these things implemented.

    If I were a large employer, I'd just continue with the roll out. If it turns out that the mandate is ultimately ruled illegal, no harm. The companies will then know that they don't face any fines or penalties for any errors or lack of enforcement that they might make.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Apparently Gavin Newsom hasn’t been seen in public since he received his booster dose. I would hope if he had a bad reaction they wouldn’t cover it up.
      Curious, but not unprecedented.
      https://abc7.com/gavin-newsom-califo...oday/11202905/

      Then again, he did get his booster in Oakland. Did he escape Alameda County?
      https://www.gov.ca.gov/2021/10/27/at...munity-strong/
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

      North Dakota Hockey:

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

        I would guess that for the time being, the large employers who are subject to the mandate aren't going to roll back their plans to make employees comply, probably for a couple of reasons.

        First, it probably makes good business sense from the standpoint of trying to get their employees all vaccinated. Second, at any point in time there could be another court ruling that the mandate is back in place, and it's not like companies can just snap their fingers and get these things implemented.

        If I were a large employer, I'd just continue with the roll out. If it turns out that the mandate is ultimately ruled illegal, no harm. The companies will then know that they don't face any fines or penalties for any errors or lack of enforcement that they might make.
        I know a few companies that have simply put planning on hold. Any that have already announced plans aren't likely to renounce them, but I'm sure some will.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
          So WRT the vaccine mandate for companies- I see that a judge has put that on hold. BUT- are any of your companies rolling back their requirement??? Mine hasn't.

          Reminds me of the Deathsantis trying to remove requirements for his state, and getting massive push back from large companies in his own state. I know the cruise lines sued the state over the requirement ban- which matters a lot for them, since (like flights) they go to places that have vaccine requirements that are very much outside of the US CDC control.
          Ours pushed the date back for both OSHA and contractor to 1/4. But they also took a very "We're pushing the date back and we'll reassess between now and then" with the heavy implication they would rescind it if the OSHA mandate fails in the courts. They are terrified of walkouts it seems.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Oh we aren’t budging.

            get the fucking jab

            Comment


            • So my uncle, who made it all the way through and off the vent, took a turn for the worse a week ago and died last night. Get the shot people. Start charging these blatantly unvaccinated fuckwads with murder. Yes, In this case we know where he got it from and said fuckwad laughed about it (not the death, the infection)
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

              WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jericho View Post
                So my uncle, who made it all the way through and off the vent, took a turn for the worse a week ago and died last night. Get the shot people. Start charging these blatantly unvaccinated fuckwads with murder. Yes, In this case we know where he got it from and said fuckwad laughed about it (not the death, the infection)
                I'm sorry Jericho. Condolences to you and your family.

                hope the guy who laughed gets hit by a bus.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • I'm sorry man. That's awful.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Attrition rates for the Party of Stupid aren’t really what you’d want to see if you’re thinking that you need people to vote for you in future elections.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                    Comment


                    • The crazy thing is if the vote was 70% for Trump the death rate was even higher!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Attrition rates for the Party of Stupid aren’t really what you’d want to see if you’re thinking that you need people to vote for you in future elections.
                        This is where your error is

                        My town is having a >50% increase in kid age 0-9 cases post Halloween. Yay?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

                          "We Report, You Decide". They're in the clear. They reported and all the fucking morons decided.
                          Plus whenever they're cornered they tell the judge they are obviously a parody.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • The dumbest people on the planet.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • KJP rocking the WH press room again yesterday.

                              Is there room for both Gavin Newsom and Jen "Peppermint" Psaki on the side of a milk carton?


                              C'mon, the resemblance is pretty good.
                              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-10-2021, 05:18 PM.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

                              North Dakota Hockey:

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                KJP rocking the WH press room again yesterday.

                                Is there room for both Gavin Newsom and Jen "Peppermint" Psaki on the side of a milk carton?


                                C'mon, the resemblance is pretty good.
                                Are either of them missing? Newsom was spending time with family after spending a large amount of time away from them having to battle an inane recall, and Psaki has to quarantine for 10 days after testing positive for Covid. Can you pinpoint which of those exactly is so difficult for you to understand? Maybe we can explain with drawings or something.

                                Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                                KDR

                                Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                                Test to see if I can add this.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X