Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important to note this guy caught COVID attending multiple Anchorage Assembly meetings to protest a mask ordinance that passed anyway. A large group of unvaccinated, unmasked people yelling and screaming, who could’ve predicted they would spread COVID?
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
      I’m 64 with no personal “risks”. Went to Walgreens and told them household family member was a nursing super at local Veterans home (the risk). Got the shot, no questions. Just be truthful and tell them your concerns. Appears to me if you are close in age they will booster vaccinate. If you are 30, without risks, probably will need proof. This seems to be done locally on an honor system with no verifications. Same for my wife who is 61(has valid personal health risks) but no one called her Dr to verify shot eligibility.
      I initially had a concern of not wanting to take the booster over someone totally unvaccinated needing it, but, SCREW them, they’ve repeatedly had the chance by now. Too late for me to care. They can sleep in that bed they made and roll the dice..,
      I asked my Doctor when I got flu shot, was in for yearly physical a month ago and he said CDC says no until I'm 65? or until they open it up. I've heard others say its open to anyone but I haven't heard that on the news or read it on CDC site.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Does it at all mean there's a possibility that these people will also separate themselves from the healthcare system? Meaning they will likely die younger? I can think of worse things.

Comment

• I hear strychnine is a cure-all for pretty much every disease or illness known to man.

I highly urge these people to consider it.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I asked my Doctor when I got flu shot, was in for yearly physical a month ago and he said CDC says no until I'm 65? or until they open it up. I've heard others say its open to anyone but I haven't heard that on the news or read it on CDC site.
            There is the usual checklist that asks eligibility questions that you fill out. Very general questions, no specifics. More like “do you have a condition”, not “what is the condition”. Using the honor system which is different from the Dr’s office who has your med history. I technically did not qualify but with my daughters work at the Maine Veterans home, it’s a no brainer…
            I also have not heard anything about it being opened up. But, if you have any concerns I’d relay that to Dr. and ask again. His call. I did the corporate chain Walgreen shot where they are more concerned about the $$’s…. I suspect I could have said I had a hangnail and they would have still said “eligible”.
            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
            Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

From what I can tell it is somewhat like the wild west out there for getting boosters. Where it is the honor system people are fibbing on the questionnaires etc because they want one even if they are not in a category for who they are recommended and there is little to zero verification. It seems as if it is pretty much anyone can get one so long as they can find a pharmacist willing to jab them.

As you describe i'm in a category where a booster is not yet recommended / "authorized". If and when the CDC recommends a Moderna booster for a healthy 50 year old male I will certainly go in and get one, but won't go try to get one before then.
              Last edited by ericredaxe; 10-28-2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Yep. I got hit with the Wild West yesterday. Walked into my clinic for a booster and a flu shot. Was told since I had J&J and they only had Pfizer I could not get a booster. They had not been approved to mix and match yet. But, if I really wanted one I could drive 20 miles away to a clinic that has J&J OR go to a drug store where they were allowed to mix and match.

Weird.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Yep. I got hit with the Wild West yesterday. Walked into my clinic for a booster and a flu shot. Was told since I had J&J and they only had Pfizer I could not get a booster. They had not been approved to mix and match yet. But, if I really wanted one I could drive 20 miles away to a clinic that has J&J OR go to a drug store where they were allowed to mix and match.

Weird.
                  Yeah that’s odd. We’re you in a rural area? I had a place in Woodbury mixing

Comment

• https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ster-shot.html

Those are the current guidelines for boosters.

IF YOU RECEIVED
                    Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna

You are eligible for a booster if you are:
                    When to get a booster:
                    At least 6 months after your second shot

Which booster should you get?
                    Any of the COVID-19 vaccines authorized in the United States
                    IF YOU RECEIVED
                    Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen

18 years or older

When to get a booster:
                    At least 2 months after your second shot

Which booster should you get?
                    Any of the COVID-19 vaccines authorized in the United States
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Yeah that’s odd. We’re you in a rural area? I had a place in Woodbury mixing
                      Nope. Chanhassen clinic. And it looks like per the CDC I should have been able to get one.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Nope. Chanhassen clinic. And it looks like per the CDC I should have been able to get one.
                        Ya a lot of reputable pharmacies were allowing it last weekend.

Comment

• IF YOU RECEIVED

18 years or older

When to get a booster:

2nd shot for J&J? Was there a second? 2 months after……..which shot? Kind of confusing.
                          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                          Just win.....

Comment

IF YOU RECEIVED

18 years or older

When to get a booster:

2nd shot for J&J? Was there a second? 2 months after……..which shot? Kind of confusing.
                            There wasn't. Appears to be a typo of some sort. I had the one shot J&J.

Comment

• Okay. Typo makes sense. Thanks for the info.
                              I still say to anyone, If you want the booster, go get it wherever they will give it. My understanding is they are holding off under 65 general population with no risk factors, to allow unvaxed a chance to step up and get it. Screw that/them. That shipped has sailed and they chose not to board it….
                              Just win.....

Comment

Okay. Typo makes sense. Thanks for the info.
                                I still say to anyone, If you want the booster, go get it wherever they will give it. My understanding is they are holding off under 65 general population with no risk factors, to allow unvaxed a chance to step up and get it. Screw that/them. That shipped has sailed and they chose not to board it….
                                Or you might be taking a dose for someone 65+ who really needs it.

I’d encourage everyone to follow the CDC and FDA recommendations and go get a booster once (but not before) it is recommended.

Comment

Working...
                                X