Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Don't we do this every day in this country, and all around the world?

We don't ban autos, we don't ban airplanes, we let people go out on fishing boats, we let people work on oil rigs. In doing so we know people will die as a consequence of our decisions. We don't want them to die. We try to take steps to minimize the chances of it happening.

We make those economic decisions all the time.
    So why can't we do it now? There are clear methods that are effective, even in the long term, but we choose to not do that. Other countries react when 11 people get sick, we would celebrate states were 11 died. These are preventable deaths, but somehow you seem to want us to choose to not make them preventable.

And even you have justified letting the old die for the economy. Based on your theory, if your parents get sick, they should not even bother going to the hospital.

The economy can be fine, as we have MORE than enough money to sustain the country for the short time it would actually take to end all of this. And they will make it up when the economy comes back in full anyway.

We fully know that leaving the choice up to individuals and corporations that they will choose money over health- especially if it's someone else's health. That's why government needs to step in.

Comment

• "They are dying, that's true, and it is what it is"

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

So why can't we do it now? There are clear methods that are effective, even in the long term, but we choose to not do that. Other countries react when 11 people get sick, we would celebrate states were 11 died. These are preventable deaths, but somehow you seem to want us to choose to not make them preventable.

And even you have justified letting the old die for the economy. Based on your theory, if your parents get sick, they should not even bother going to the hospital.

The economy can be fine, as we have MORE than enough money to sustain the country for the short time it would actually take to end all of this. And they will make it up when the economy comes back in full anyway.

We fully know that leaving the choice up to individuals and corporations that they will choose money over health- especially if it's someone else's health. That's why government needs to step in.
        How does locking down healthy people without a virus prevent anything?

Try harder.

And no all the deaths were not preventable. There is zero solution that has all people alive right now that have passed away since March.

Many of the deaths wouldn’t even be coded as Covid if the CDC hadn’t made a change to how they should be recorded.

You are amazingly void of any reason.
        Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-04-2020, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Which party has been crying about the wretched "death panels" for the last ten years, and how Dems are talking about shipping old folks off on ice flies to die?
          Well, if they are to believed the Dems were trying to kill people but they thought that was too slow. Instead they will just nuke anyone who has comorbidity. Think of the savings! Collateral won't be that bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
            Honest question. Why is this troll still here? They're so clearly not arguing in good faith. They joined here and seemed to have posted over 600 times in a few months in what, two specific threads?

USCHO used to take out the trash, at least once in a while. Now I can't even find an obvious "report" function.
            Because as you can see from the post right after yours we have a few people who like to play and engage. Maybe Board (if it exists) thinks with the amount of engagement and knee jerk responses people don't think the person is a troll?

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

I think we are doing it now. Maybe not to the extent that some of you, or others, want. But people are wearing masks. People are avoiding large indoor crowds. People wash their hands. I think those are all good safety measures to take.

Where have I ever suggested that people not go to the hospital if they get sick.

What I am saying is that before we shut down businesses, before we put millions out of work, before we discontinue elective medical care, we need to at least think about and evaluate the cost (and not just dollars "cost.")
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Don't we do this every day in this country, and all around the world?

We don't ban autos, we don't ban airplanes, we let people go out on fishing boats, we let people work on oil rigs. In doing so we know people will die as a consequence of our decisions. We don't want them to die. We try to take steps to minimize the chances of it happening.

We make those economic decisions all the time.
                The FAA, a governmental agency paid for with our tax dollars, regulates the ***** out of the airline industry to ensure it's the safest form of transportation in the country (world?). I hope I don't have to regurgitate the 60+ years of legislation and regulations governing auto safety. OSHA exists to ensure workplaces on fishing boats and oil rigs are taking precautions for worker safety. And if the company/industry is found negligent, lawyer up, ******. While you cannot legislate or regulate away risk, you can effectively reduce it which is what we've done successfully over the past 100 years. It's why our food supply no longer resembles what Upton Sinclair describes in The Jungle.

Just because I could die when I get on a plane is not equivalent to my 83 year old dad becoming a casual casualty of Covid. You're conveniently ignoring the regulatory underpinnings that make your examples as safe as possible while dismissing any relevant attempts to do the same for Covid. This is the very definition of a false equivalency. So I guess I have to reject your argument.

EDIT: Let me clarify what I'm rejecting. You took issue with my comment about death panels. The examples you provided as a defense to your statement is what I'm rejecting. Wanted to be clear.
                Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 08-04-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I didn't post the article, I commented on it.
                  Whoops. My bad again. Either way, my entirely unimportant opinion on the matter still stands.

Didn’t you post back in March it was a friend who broached the subject about how many lives saved would be required in order to justify shutting down the economy, decimating many places, including a slew of minority-owned business? You asked then yourself what number of lives would it, in fact, take. I don’t remember your answer.
                  Last edited by psych; 08-04-2020, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Under Minnesota law, a health care directive is a health care power of attorney.
                    To clarify as states differ in semantics with that and DNR/DNAR language: the person you designate is basically everything. Most of the verbiage in the documents is clinically irrelevant.
                    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Nursing Homes or long term care facilities are really interesting. They are a necessity when a person physically or mentally deteriorates to a point where they can't live alone, and either don't have someone to care for them, or their care is significant enough that an untrained family member really isn't capable of handling it.
                      **** 'em. Throw 'em out on the side of the road til they die.

Useless pieces of ****, can't even wipe their own asses. Can't work, can't produce anything, all they do is cost the government money, so what use are they? Unnecessary members of society. Drags on the economy.

That's what you want. that's what this whole, "let the old people die cause they were gonna die anyway(eventually) but we need to get the economy machine rolling so millionaires can rake in more money from the sweat of the working man"

that's your position on Covfefe. Funny how death panels are ok now since its Republicans in favor of them.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

Evaluating societal costs? Prioritizing preventative measures based on economic worth? If this isn’t the definition of a death panel I don’t know what is.

Hovey likes his death panels. As long as they're Republican-approved death panels.

Democrats wanting people to ba able to discuss end of life alternatives with their health-care providers is a no-go, thought. That's just barbaric.

Comment

With respect to your dad, he should do what my folks (both in their 80's) are doing. He should be careful. Wear a mask. Limit his time in public. Limit the number of people he visits, or that he allows to visit him. Probably all of the things he is doing.

With respect to the people under the age of 70, yes, there are people under 70 who get the disease, people who have terrible lingering effects from the disease, or who even die from the disease.

But, those numbers are significantly different than the risks to those over 70.

All I am saying is that you have to look at the actual number of those people and at least consider that as against the cost of the preventative measures.
                          I hope your parents are barring the door from you.

So basically, his father should lock down and shelter in place. Become a hermit. So you and the rest of the selfish American ****s can go out to your favorite bars and restaurants and act like nothing's happening.

Comment

I hope your parents are barring the door from you.

So basically, his father should lock down and shelter in place. Become a hermit. So you and the rest of the selfish American ****s can go out to your favorite bars and restaurants and act like nothing's happening.
                            And you want hundreds of millions of people without a virus let alone an active infection to become hermits.

It comes down to knowing your risk and taking the necessary precautions. It is as simple as that.

Comment

Hovey likes his death panels. As long as they're Republican-approved death panels.

Democrats wanting people to ba able to discuss end of life alternatives with their health-care providers is a no-go, thought. That's just barbaric.
                              can people discuss treatments with their doctor or is that a no go?

Comment

**** 'em. Throw 'em out on the side of the road til they die.

Useless pieces of ****, can't even wipe their own asses. Can't work, can't produce anything, all they do is cost the government money, so what use are they? Unnecessary members of society. Drags on the economy.

That's what you want. that's what this whole, "let the old people die cause they were gonna die anyway(eventually) but we need to get the economy machine rolling so millionaires can rake in more money from the sweat of the working man"

that's your position on Covfefe. Funny how death panels are ok now since its Republicans in favor of them.
                                I like your style. Not even caring if you come across as having a few screws loose.

Comment

Working...
                                X