Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

By now, you would think the ivermectin crowd would have made sure some quack health locations would use it just for them.
    Yup. And if they want to use it, don't go to the hospital that won't. Just get someone to give it to you at home. I mean, you know so much more than the medical experts, why bother with them, right?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• So is one of the dumb right wing talking points, at the intersection of covid and jobs, claiming that the reason companies are having a hard time hiring is that people are quitting over vaccine mandates? My dad was claiming that the other night.

Sure, maybe in some small areas that has a meaningful impact on hiring, but we here in MA are at 68% full and 78% (of everyone, including kids who aren't yet eligible) with one dose and we can't hire either, so no I don't believe that has any real effect on hiring.

and then, yet again, facts are pretty irrelevant.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
        So is one of the dumb right wing talking points, at the intersection of covid and jobs, claiming that the reason companies are having a hard time hiring is that people are quitting over vaccine mandates? My dad was claiming that the other night.

Sure, maybe in some small areas that has a meaningful impact on hiring, but we here in MA are at 68% full and 78% (of everyone, including kids who aren't yet eligible) with one dose and we can't hire either, so no I don't believe that has any real effect on hiring.

You add up all the people that died or are sick, all the people that said screw it I am staying home and taking care of my kids, all the people we have stopped letting into the country for over a year and a half now, and all the people that said screw it I am just going to retire, and it's pretty easy to see why there is a labor shortage. And it's got almost zero to do with extended unemployment benefits.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

You add up all the people that died or are sick, all the people that said screw it I am staying home and taking care of my kids, all the people we have stopped letting into the country for over a year and a half now, and all the people that said screw it I am just going to retire, and it's pretty easy to see why there is a labor shortage. And it's got almost zero to do with extended unemployment benefits.
          I think a big part of it to is that a lot of people who don’t need to work financially are throwing in the towel. Some of the oldies on here would know better than me but I get the impression there was a day when it was more enjoyable than it is now.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Exactly. Lots of people were retired and working part time or ready to retire and did so. A ton of food service management jobs were held by those folks, and many of them decided to wrap up their working career instead of getting yelled at by jeb and company for asking them to wear a mask in McDonalds.

And lots of people are just going through savings and waiting this out before returning. It sucks for all of us, but so much of this is directly due to the misinformation spewed by Fox News and others.

Comment

So is one of the dumb right wing talking points, at the intersection of covid and jobs, claiming that the reason companies are having a hard time hiring is that people are quitting over vaccine mandates? My dad was claiming that the other night.

The "resigning because of the mandate" crowd is very vocal, so people are assuming it's a huge wave, but then the numbers show that it is minuscule.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

The "resigning because of the mandate" crowd is very vocal, so people are assuming it's a huge wave, but then the numbers show that it is minuscule.
                And the unions and other noisy people wildly overstate the numbers, while the media regurgitates them without even a tiny bit of credulity.

Comment

... that people are quitting over vaccine mandates? My dad was claiming that the other night.
                  I'm interested in how the weekend in Chicago goes.

‘Hell No': Chicago Police Union Head Urges Cops to Defy Vaccine Mandate
                  https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-defy/2635725/

Lightfoot goes to court against Chicago police union over its anti-vaccination push, refusal to comply with today’s reporting deadline
                  https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...pxi-story.html

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Another problem with the "argument" is that the labor issue pre-dates vaccine mandates by months. Many months. At first, they thought it was because of the extra benefits- so they cut those off, which had no impact. The "problem" has been going on for a very long time, and will do so as long as the right lets this drag on forever by not doing the sensible things to end the pandemic in the US.

It's interesting to see the workers actually notice that corporations made a lot of money in 2020, in spite of the hiring issues and the forced at home time. All of the sacrifices people made ended up to be for upper management and share holders.

What's important is that the majority does not fold due to a handful of crybabies. Vaccines are the right thing to keep your workforce safe, and prevent a lot of downtime and cost associated with people getting COVID and ending up in the hospital.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Another problem with the "argument" is that the labor issue pre-dates vaccine mandates by months. Many months.
                      Folks underestimate the confluence of Covid with raw demographics. The Boomers (I know Kep hates that, ... meh) born 1946-64 are aging out.

If you were born in '64 you're nominally 57. If you've managed your life's work and income you're likely in a position where you only need to work enough to "pay the utilities".

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Lightfoot goes to court against Chicago police union over its anti-vaccination push, refusal to comply with today’s reporting deadline
                        If it's anything like the MA State Police threats, it'll be a whole lot of nothing.
                        https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-v...police-resign/

Comment

If it's anything like the MA State Police threats, it'll be a whole lot of nothing.
                          https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-v...police-resign/
                          I believe Lightfoot made a misstep by going to court.

She's created a "urination competition" out of what was unidirectional bluster and posturing.

She'd have been wise to do as MA did and let it play out on its own.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Let that just sink in for a minute.
                            Texas discussed it and said no. Think about that...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

The State Police in Boston did the same thing and a handful ended up quitting. None of these whiners have the courage of their convictions because they don't want to work security at ****ing Wal-Mart.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The State Police in Boston did the same thing and a handful ended up quitting. None of these whiners have the courage of their convictions because they don't want to work security at ****ing Wal-Mart.
                                ... they'd be required to be vaccinated for that job too

Comment

Working...
                                X