Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status...45599450796034

How can you be the country that made the 1st Covid vaccines, did clinical trials at warp speed with 95% efficacy and remarkable safety, has more than enough shots for every resident, yet be 52nd on the list, and continuing to fall?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Because to 50 percent of the US Population, Darwin IS GOD!
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        The Southwest Pilots Union said there is no work stoppage and they have no real issue with the shot. Why is this even a story?
        Because Dump voters are the whiniest, most easily triggered bunch of little bitches on planet Earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Because Dump voters are the whiniest, most easily triggered bunch of little bitches on planet Earth.
          Truth.

Speaking of them...

Dear Trump Humping Anti-vax COVID Truthers,

This morning my father was rushed to the hospital. (he is fine....they thought it was Heart Attack #3 but he just was massively dehydrated) He was sent to a pretty large facility in the area. They had ZERO FUCKING ROOMS! Now, in response to what the next statement from this fucktards will be, this hospital never has an issue with ICU beds or rooms in general outside of this Pandemic. They had to build him a room out of a pre-op station because all of the other areas were filled with COVID fuckers. And almost all (like about as close to 100% of them as you can get) never got the fucking shot.

So to all of you "just asking questions" or who are skeptical about the shot or who laughingly spread misinformation because you think it is smart or nuance...EAT FUCKING **** YOU FUCKING WASTES OF CARBON! From now on, if anyone fucking even hints in my presence at being a part of the Qabal of the Fucking QOVID Deniers I will punch you in the fucking throat before you finish your fucking sentence. Fuck you, fuck your loved ones and fuck your sense of entitlement. I hope every one of you not only gets the fucking virus but dies a fucking slow *** death while your fucking family watches in horror.

No fucking hyperbole, I am fucking done. These people dont even have the decency to kill themselves on their own time...they need to fucking take everyone with them.

And if I offended anyone...

(BTW this goes for Liberal Anti-Vaxxers as well)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The UK with a ton of interesting data today:
            https://assets.publishing.service.go..._-_week_40.pdf

Table 2 says vax'd cases are basically double unvax'd cases from ages 40 and up (last two columns). But Tables 3 and 4 show hospitalization rates and deaths per 100k are better for vax'd (again, last two columns). So the vax'd are getting sick (cases), but not that sick and dying.

So where does long Covid fit into this "vax'd yet still catch it" or do we know enough yet? (We know of long Covid in the unvax'd.)
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• sic, please read the previous post to yours. And stop being stupid- the vaccine was about keeping people alive- it does reduce infection rates, but not nearly at the rate that it prevents death and hospitalization. But people asking questions are preventing others from getting care thanks to questioning if people should get a vaccine or not.

But you should know that by now, since that's been the published info since pretty much the vaccine was developed and came out. Not sure how you continue to miss that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                sic, please read the previous post to yours. And stop being stupid- the vaccine was about keeping people alive- it does reduce infection rates, but not nearly at the rate that it prevents death and hospitalization. But people asking questions are preventing others from getting care thanks to questioning if people should get a vaccine or not.

But you should know that by now, since that's been the published info since pretty much the vaccine was developed and came out. Not sure how you continue to miss that.
                Agree. And also, the people who are vaxxed and catching it: How high risk are they? Did they have a condition that makes them more vulnerable to the Covid? Cancer, lung disease, obesity, whatever? I mean, that's why they got vaccinated.

Jesus Christ Sic, read the fucking room. I mean, I know you don't care, you think you're the smartest guy in the room, but jesus.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                  ... the vaccine was about keeping people alive- it does reduce infection rates, but not nearly at the rate that it prevents death and hospitalization.
                  That's what's disturbing about Table 2 --> It's showing the vax is not reducing infection rates versus unvax'd in the 40 and over demos, but yes, is reducing hospitalization and death.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Jesus Christ Sic, read the fucking room.
                    I started my post before Handy's was up. (It showed up when I posted mine.)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

That's what's disturbing about Table 2 --> It's showing the vax is not reducing infection rates versus unvax'd in the 40 and over demos, but yes, is reducing hospitalization and death.
                      Reducing hospitalization and death are the most important things. I’d suggest you actually read the rest of the study, specifically the effectiveness against infection, effectiveness against transmission, and the results section, as hyper-fixating on one data point doesn’t even tell the story you’re hoping it does.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Reducing hospitalization and death are the most important things. I’d suggest you actually read the rest of the study, specifically the effectiveness against infection, effectiveness against transmission, and the results section, as hyper-fixating on one data point doesn’t even tell the story you’re hoping it does.
                        Exactly. The point of the vaccine was to make sure you don't die. They designed these vaccines and studies around short term improvement in outcomes. If the goal were long term, the studies would have been different. Pfizer's for sure. Higher dose maybe. Different technology. Certainly longer spacing between the first two shots. Who knows. But the approach from the beginning was develop something to stop people dying ASAP and we'll figure out the rest later. Well, now it's later and we're finding the boosters may be needed to stop infections. But the original is still providing fairly durable long term protection against death.

and again, the base rate bias will come into play. When the number of vaccinated >> the number of unvaccinated, then of course you're going to start to see more infections.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

So then you should go and preach the gospel of getting the vaccine then. So that the unvaccinated don't die from getting infected via the vaccinated.

This isn't hard.

Comment

• My SIL is irritated beyond all get out. She was feeling sick and got tested, came back positive. She’s had her vaccine, so it acted like a nasty cold for her rather than anything truly severe. She had her three kids tested, and now my 8yo niece has tested positive for the second time. She started crying when she got the results because she’s such an extrovert. And now my SIL is starting to think that her family is being punished because her family is following the practices of good civics while her SIL (husband’s sister) never gets herself or kids tested, and therefore they’re never held back from work or school, etc.. I’m expecting to hear about some serious family drama soon.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              My SIL is irritated beyond all get out. She was feeling sick and got tested, came back positive. She’s had her vaccine, so it acted like a nasty cold for her rather than anything truly severe. She had her three kids tested, and now my 8yo niece has tested positive for the second time. She started crying when she got the results because she’s such an extrovert. And now my SIL is starting to think that her family is being punished because her family is following the practices of good civics while her SIL (husband’s sister) never gets herself or kids tested, and therefore they’re never held back from work or school, etc.. I’m expecting to hear about some serious family drama soon.
                              Yikes that sucks.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Truth.

Speaking of them...

Dear Trump Humping Anti-vax COVID Truthers,

This morning my father was rushed to the hospital. (he is fine....they thought it was Heart Attack #3 but he just was massively dehydrated) He was sent to a pretty large facility in the area. They had ZERO FUCKING ROOMS! Now, in response to what the next statement from this fucktards will be, this hospital never has an issue with ICU beds or rooms in general outside of this Pandemic. They had to build him a room out of a pre-op station because all of the other areas were filled with COVID fuckers. And almost all (like about as close to 100% of them as you can get) never got the fucking shot.

So to all of you "just asking questions" or who are skeptical about the shot or who laughingly spread misinformation because you think it is smart or nuance...EAT FUCKING **** YOU FUCKING WASTES OF CARBON! From now on, if anyone fucking even hints in my presence at being a part of the Qabal of the Fucking QOVID Deniers I will punch you in the fucking throat before you finish your fucking sentence. Fuck you, fuck your loved ones and fuck your sense of entitlement. I hope every one of you not only gets the fucking virus but dies a fucking slow *** death while your fucking family watches in horror.

No fucking hyperbole, I am fucking done. These people dont even have the decency to kill themselves on their own time...they need to fucking take everyone with them.

And if I offended anyone...

(BTW this goes for Liberal Anti-Vaxxers as well)
                                A pandemic of the unvaccinated?

MN reports 6,012 cases, 244 hospitalizations, and 49 deaths among the vaccinated since last week's report.

37% of covid19 deaths are among the vaccinated.

Details below.

Comment

Working...
                                X