Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Why is an obvious troll not removed, when their sole purpose seems to be to post garbage in this thread?

    What happened to this place?
    Board doesn't care and is hoping to kill it off by attrition.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

      I don't know who that guy is, or his background, but that guy is saying things that more people need to say and understand.


      Edit: On second thought, is this the same guy that Handy hated because he talked about the data from the cruise ship?
      You mean Mr. "I Got China Right (if you believe their numbers)" is still living off that BS and is now tweaking his data even worse than before? At least now he is using Sweden as his "model" and not the other BS data point. I bet Stanford loves this guy giving these interviews....

      I am going to go tell my 73 year old dad his life doesnt matter and if he dies no one should care.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

        You mean Mr. "I Got China Right (if you believe their numbers)" is still living off that BS and is now tweaking his data even worse than before? At least now he is using Sweden as his "model" and not the other BS data point. I bet Stanford loves this guy giving these interviews....

        I am going to go tell my 73 year old dad his life doesnt matter and if he dies no one should care.
        Yeah that's my favorite part that others here and elsewhere have glommed onto...that people die everyday...move on.
        yet we're considered the oddballs for actually caring about keeping people alive and healthy.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

        R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

        SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
        Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
        Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
        Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
        Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

        Comment


        • Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

          Yeah that's my favorite part that others here and elsewhere have glommed onto...that people die everyday...move on.
          yet we're considered the oddballs for actually caring about keeping people alive and healthy.
          It’s hilarious that our local cons have to link to people who aren’t even specialists in the particular field because ...people who are experts on viruses and epidimiolgy aren’t likely to agree with the garbage

          Comment


          • Originally posted by psych View Post

            What exactly is he saying that people on here don’t understand? The only thing I could see being a disagreement is that lockdowns were unnecessary. He said social distancing, wearing masks, etc., are all necessary.
            Now, he predicted 220,000 deaths instead of 20,000, but, even his analysis of herd immunity being the primary objective seems to be refuted by the article itself.
            The problem some of us have is that he is doing exactly what he says others do...looking at specific data that seems to prove his point and ignoring any and all context or data that contradicts his point. He did it before too (he used the Cruise Ship to extrapolate what would happen in the US...and surprise surprise he was wrong) and in reality the only thing he has ever been right on was China. (which the article mentions) Random people on Twitter have been closer to correct about everything since April which is why this guy stopped being brought up until he gave this interview.

            I give him credit on the mask thing, but again you cant use masks as a reason why we dont need a lockdown because half the country wont wear them. If we could get full buy in he would have a point...but we cant. As such his mentioning them is worthless. (and I am guessing he would be against mandatory masks for the same reason he is against everything else) I bet we could all rattle off a bunch of ways to mitigate...but if we cant trust the person next to us to do it then it is meaningless as an option.

            The Right tried once already to use him as their "Lone Voice of Reason in the Wilderness" and it went nowhere. Now I guess at least he isnt using a Cruise Ship...he upgraded to Sweden. Cause the US and Sweden are so similar in population, economics, geography and health care.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • Which party has been crying about the wretched "death panels" for the last ten years, and how Dems are talking about shipping old folks off on ice floes to die?
              Last edited by rufus; 08-04-2020, 03:08 PM.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

                Yeah that's my favorite part that others here and elsewhere have glommed onto...that people die everyday...move on.
                yet we're considered the oddballs for actually caring about keeping people alive and healthy.
                Your ideas do nothing to keep people alive and healthy.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Which party has been crying about the wretched "death panels" for the last ten years, and how Dems are talking about shipping old folks off on ice flies to die?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    Why is an obvious troll not removed, when their sole purpose seems to be to post garbage in this thread?

                    What happened to this place?
                    Which post is garbage? Feel free to respond to it and share why. Thanks.

                    And Andy Slavitt was quoted as having good ideas the other day in this thread.
                    Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-04-2020, 11:27 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                      The problem some of us have is that he is doing exactly what he says others do...looking at specific data that seems to prove his point and ignoring any and all context or data that contradicts his point. He did it before too (he used the Cruise Ship to extrapolate what would happen in the US...and surprise surprise he was wrong) and in reality the only thing he has ever been right on was China. (which the article mentions) Random people on Twitter have been closer to correct about everything since April which is why this guy stopped being brought up until he gave this interview.

                      I give him credit on the mask thing, but again you cant use masks as a reason why we dont need a lockdown because half the country wont wear them. If we could get full buy in he would have a point...but we cant. As such his mentioning them is worthless. (and I am guessing he would be against mandatory masks for the same reason he is against everything else) I bet we could all rattle off a bunch of ways to mitigate...but if we cant trust the person next to us to do it then it is meaningless as an option.

                      The Right tried once already to use him as their "Lone Voice of Reason in the Wilderness" and it went nowhere. Now I guess at least he isnt using a Cruise Ship...he upgraded to Sweden. Cause the US and Sweden are so similar in population, economics, geography and health care.
                      What are you disputing in the article, which point?

                      was anything more off than the “official models” that sent this entire thing off? I mean was anything even remotely in the same planet close to the models that were used by the “experts” and media?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

                        Yeah that's my favorite part that others here and elsewhere have glommed onto...that people die everyday...move on.
                        yet we're considered the oddballs for actually caring about keeping people alive and healthy.
                        People do die every day...now all of a sudden though we arent supposed to care if the deaths were preventable.

                        These people are all frauds. Like the GOP Reps and Senators who want schools open to give students access to meals and care...even though they spend way more effort trying to defund those portions of schools. It is all a game...that is why they float BS theories and half hearted science.

                        These days my father and I tend to fight about a lot of political stuff (he is more of a Centrist now...I am as Left as he was at 40) and the look on his face when people discuss how older people dont matter and they should die for the economy is breathtaking. I called him the other day and he ranted for 25 minutes about how selfish this country is and how he just doesnt get it. He wears a mask everywhere. He used to say "we cant stay closed forever" but now he realizes we should have because Americans dont have the intestinal fortitude to do what must be done. Instead we do what we want and find any BS excuse we can to justify it.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

                        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

                        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

                          Your ideas do nothing to keep people alive and healthy.
                          They aren't my ideas putz. I follow experts like doctors and epidemiologists and take their advice.
                          I don't find this hard to do. You do apparently which is sad.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

                          R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

                          SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
                          Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
                          Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
                          Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
                          Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

                            They aren't my ideas putz. I follow experts like doctors and epidemiologists and take their advice.
                            I don't find this hard to do. You do apparently which is sad.
                            You do understand there are doctors and epidemiologists who have different thoughts than the ones you follow? Or do you not?

                            Since your response will simply be to discredit anyone in the US that has differing ideas.

                            What are your thoughts on the leading doctors and epidemiologists from a number of countries having such different views than the experts you follow?

                            Comment


                            • Honest question. Why is this troll still here? They're so clearly not arguing in good faith. They joined here and seemed to have posted over 600 times in a few months in what, two specific threads?

                              USCHO used to take out the trash, at least once in a while. Now I can't even find an obvious "report" function.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

                                You do understand there are doctors and epidemiologists who have different thoughts than the ones you follow? Or do you not?

                                Since your response will simply be to discredit anyone in the US that has differing ideas.

                                What are your thoughts on the leading doctors and epidemiologists from a number of countries having such different views than the experts you follow?
                                I've answered this before...so you figure it out.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

                                R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

                                SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
                                Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
                                Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
                                Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
                                Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X