Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

But that's exactly what we got in May, when Biden's CDC said that vaccinated people didn't need to wear masks.

No way to verify who was and who wasn't, so everyone just quit wearing masks, and we got Delta, and here we are.
    I know, but IIRC they originally weren't going to do that, changed their mind then after the fact said "you should still wear masks" which made them look like idiots.

If you want to get dark though...politically speaking they were right. They kept their promise and well...it ain't the Joe voters dying en masse. As a tweet I posted pointed out a few weeks ago DeSantis won Flo(R)ida by 38k votes and they have had over 50k deaths...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

But at this point, Delta is targeting the stupid. Those of us that have been smart about things once the picture became clear in late Summer have been able to keep the numbers low. It's blatantly clear how this works since the infection maps basically mirror an election map of the past 10-12 years. There will be collateral damage at this point, and that sucks. But just letting COVID rage through the stupid is pretty much the only way we can beat this. This has become a war of attrition.

It's sad, but I really don't see any other option at this point. I keep looking for one and am absolutely open to hearing educated opinions, but I feel the writing is on the wall here. It's gonna take 1m+ deaths from the DERP side of the line at minimum to MAYBE get the point across. The hope is that MAYBE the DERPs will use their 4 functioning brain cells to realize that they didn't have to lose their Mom, Dad, Cousin, Best Friend, and whomever else they care about. For some of these people they will need to lose 2, 3, 4 close, interpersonal relationships to get the point across. I still believe that concepts will turn some heads (think about the Nuke debate and result in 1945). Yes, some will never learn. But I still hold out a slight hope in humanity. And shame on me for that belief.
      There is no way anymore. Minnesota literally bribes people and had places at The State Fair (which all the DERP went to) and the DERP Outstaters still won't do it. (which is why their numbers are still trending bad if I read right) We are past the point of no return, it is a point of pride now with them. Vaccines and masks are the new 2A...the ultimate badge of freedom.

If Hollywood would have put this out as a film 30 years ago no one would have bought it...now most of us knew it was coming as soon as Trump opened his fat fucking mouth and made this political.

Well it isn't my job to figure it out for them. If they want to die fuck it let em die. The Earth is overpopulated anyways and I think the past few years of disasters have shown she is fucking angry with us. Consider the COVID deaths to be ritual sacrifices to Mother Earth to show our fealty to her.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

There is no way anymore. Minnesota literally bribes people and had places at The State Fair (which all the DERP went to) and the DERP Outstaters still won't do it. (which is why their numbers are still trending bad if I read right) We are past the point of no return, it is a point of pride now with them. Vaccines and masks are the new 2A...the ultimate badge of freedom.

If Hollywood would have put this out as a film 30 years ago no one would have bought it...now most of us knew it was coming as soon as Trump opened his fat fucking mouth and made this political.

Well it isn't my job to figure it out for them. If they want to die fuck it let em die. The Earth is overpopulated anyways and I think the past few years of disasters have shown she is fucking angry with us. Consider the COVID deaths to be ritual sacrifices to Mother Earth to show our fealty to her.
        As Dwight schrute once said, we need a new plague

Comment

Yeah but ships have way more contact between people and for much longer durations of time. Not to mention buffets, ports of call...etc.

Put it this way, you hardly ever hear about planes leading to mass outbreaks of things (it does happen but not very frequently) but you always hear about cruises having outbreaks. There is just too many factors at play.
          I know that is your impression, but planes are way more close together than ships. The whole plane of 200 people are about 3 cabins of space. And it does not take time to spread, just being there.

factor in, too the many more people you come across in an airport, which is many times more than a ship and ports.

but plane data is much harder to track and make news from.

Still, the ships requiring vaccines AND negative tests within 48 hours seem to be doing pretty well. Most also require masks. It’s the ones not doing that who are in the news, like MSC.
          Last edited by MichVandal; 09-24-2021, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Yeah the 6 feet wasn't a guarantee of safety, it was an action that was supposed to help promote better overall behaviors. Like wearing masks outside. In reality it didn't really make you much safer (since outside was proven to be pretty safe) but if you wore it outside you would likely do other things to keep yourself and others safe.

It is why, even with vaxxes on the rise the CDC didn't want to say anything about masks at first. Masks are a good way to keep your behaviors in check. The last thing we needed (and got cause people are selfish fuckwits) was people to pretend the world was back to normal because they got their shot.
            That was absolutely not how it was sold.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

That was absolutely not how it was sold.
              It was if you Lauren's to people who knew what they were talking about. That is why GOPers loved Osterholm for a second.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It was if you Lauren's to people who knew what they were talking about. That is why GOPers loved Osterholm for a second.
                That was funny. I really like that man. Absolutely refuses to dumb things down. Will not lie because you are stupid.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

You are wrong about this. It was sold from the very beginning as a measure to keep you safe by people who knew what they were talking about and doing it from a position of authority. It was explained that the droplets generally don't travel further than six feet due to their size.

It wasn't until the fluid dynamicists (I believe it was a chemical engineer) who published a paper saying no distance was safe, that the CDC and other supposed experts changed their tune.
                  Last edited by dxmnkd316; 09-25-2021, 08:44 AM.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

You are wrong about this. It was sold from the very beginning as a measure to keep you safe by people who knew what they were talking about and doing it from a position of authority. It was explained that the droplets generally don't travel further than six feet due to their size.

It wasn't until the fluid dynamicists (I believe it was a chemical engineer) who published a paper saying no distance was safe, that the CDC and other supposed experts changed their tune.
                    I dont think you realize you aren't arguing the same point I am. If you listened to the CDC yes it was sold as you speak of it. Long before the chemical engineers published a paper though plenty of doctors who weren't mainstream (CDC) or political (Fauci) were saying that masks really dont protect much but they reinforce good behaviors. Pretty sure either Jebbers or Chuck Murray even posted articles here praising Osterholm for saying it cause Faux and their ilk sliced up the quote to make it seem like masks didn't help. (which was quickly debunked because the whole quote was out there) The concern trolls tried using it as well when they were "just asking questions".

And at various points even mainstream doctors like Fauci said it because the Right still uses that as a means to discredit any information on COVID. (aka saying the CDC and NIH changed their mind on masks multiple times so why should we wear them)

You are talking about what was told to the average nimrod by the government or officials tied to the government, I am talking about what doctors were actually saying when not at a press conference.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I dont think you realize you aren't arguing the same point I am. If you listened to the CDC yes it was sold as you speak of it. Long before the chemical engineers published a paper though plenty of doctors who weren't mainstream (CDC) or political (Fauci) were saying that masks really dont protect much but they reinforce good behaviors. Pretty sure either Jebbers or Chuck Murray even posted articles here praising Osterholm for saying it cause Faux and their ilk sliced up the quote to make it seem like masks didn't help. (which was quickly debunked because the whole quote was out there) The concern trolls tried using it as well when they were "just asking questions".

And at various points even mainstream doctors like Fauci said it because the Right still uses that as a means to discredit any information on COVID. (aka saying the CDC and NIH changed their mind on masks multiple times so why should we wear them)

You are talking about what was told to the average nimrod by the government or officials tied to the government, I am talking about what doctors were actually saying when not at a press conference.
                      Masks don’t work at all.

It is all theatre to create the illusion of a “pandemic” of an extremely age stratified virus and trying to aggregate the perceived threat/risk across the population.

That is why no one is playing a long anymore except for the few remaining Covidians who are beyond help.
                      Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-25-2021, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• New CDC Study: "the portion of 5-11-year-olds who are classified as overweight or obese is now 45.7 percent, up from 36.2 percent before the pandemic."

They care about you and love you. As long as you are nice and chubby and need to be “treated” for a lifetime.

Start them young.
                        Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-25-2021, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I was talking about six feet. You replied about six feet. I replied about six feet. You diverged to masks? I brought it back to six feet. You continued on about masks.
                          Code:

Comment

• What are you arguing about? A tldr version.

Neither masks or distancing would eliminate the virus, just reduce it enough to lower the spread thanks to the reduced passage of a virus. Both are StILL better than doing nothing with Delta, even if the viral load for infection is very reduced.

And both are still resisted by most of the facists in the country. Let them kill each other, works for me.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/KevinWGlass/stat...22521048748034

We're #1!!
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• This cannot possibly be real.

(checks)

It's real.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X