Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaths per 100,000 since the start of the pandemic:

1. Mississippi, 314
    2. New Jersey, 307
    3. Louisiana, 292
    4. New York, 281
    5. Alabama, 275
    6. Arizona, 269
    7. Massachusetts, 268
    8. Rhode Island, 266
    9. Oklahama, 250
    10. Arkansas, 248
    11. Florida, 242

NY, NJ and MA were hit early and hard and have an older demographic than the south, which would explain their presence in the top 10. The rest of the states there have zero excuse, and most of their deaths are very very recent.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I mean it more in the sense that the vast majority of them were born into the life they lead moreso than they chose it. Let there be no doubt that there is a huge maturity deficit right now with them(among other things.) I think with a lot of them if they were raised by you or a lot of others on the board they wouldn’t be acting like complete knuckleheads. Maybe I’m way too big of softie.
      No you just see yourself in them. If they looked different than you or didn't believe some of the things you do you would see them differently. Bias plays tricks on us.

I am not saying you are racist, but your bias is preventing you from seeing the truth. It is no different than how every Blonde White Girl who goes missing is a fucking tragedy and every time some White Fuckwit kills 20 people cause some chick wouldn't give him a handjob in High School we have people asking "What could have caused this? What went wrong in his head?" Its why judges give White Kids lesser penalties (they are good kids who don't deserve to have their futures destroyed) and why White Cops treat White criminals with kid gloves in comparison to Black Criminals. (you ever notice White People aren't beaten and killed for "not complying") Its because to "There but for the grace of God Go I..."

In other words...if these people had a tan no one would give two craps.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Meanwhile, in Florida...
        Not seeing the problem...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• So unnecessary.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...Pka?li=BBorjTa
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

No you just see yourself in them. If they looked different than you or didn't believe some of the things you do you would see them differently. Bias plays tricks on us.

I am not saying you are racist, but your bias is preventing you from seeing the truth. It is no different than how every Blonde White Girl who goes missing is a fucking tragedy and every time some White Fuckwit kills 20 people cause some chick wouldn't give him a handjob in High School we have people asking "What could have caused this? What went wrong in his head?" Its why judges give White Kids lesser penalties (they are good kids who don't deserve to have their futures destroyed) and why White Cops treat White criminals with kid gloves in comparison to Black Criminals. (you ever notice White People aren't beaten and killed for "not complying") Its because to "There but for the grace of God Go I..."

In other words...if these people had a tan no one would give two craps.
            Drew is them. The way he is about guns, is the way they are about everything. Tell us Drew, how willing were you to engage, to actually have a dialogue, wuith those who questioned you about your allegiance to gun rights?

Not very, if I recall.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...risis-2445074/

A majority of the Clark County Commission took a formal stand Tuesday against COVID-19 misinformation, declaring it a public health crisis amid concerns from other lawmakers that doing so might agitate a deep division within Southern Nevada.

The 5-2 vote made the county one of few jurisdictions in the U.S. to label falsehoods related to COVID-19 — often rooted in an extreme mistrust of the government — a crisis that has prolonged the pandemic by undermining efforts to combat spread of the disease.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Drew is them. The way he is about guns, is the way they are about everything. Tell us Drew, how willing were you to engage, to actually have a dialogue, wuith those who questioned you about your allegiance to gun rights?

Not very, if I recall.
                I absolutely am from a poor, rural area where Trumpism now runs rampant and have never said otherwise. I care about the trumpers just like I do everyone else. I certainly have many faults but do have empathy for all people.

Ive been plenty willing to engage when it comes to gun control, and have even offered solutions that I think would be effective. I’m not against stricter gun laws.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Gotta love that 2 commissioners explicitly voted in favor of disinformation.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    NY, NJ and MA were hit early and hard and have an older demographic than the south, which would explain their presence in the top 10. The rest of the states there have zero excuse, and most of their deaths are very very recent.
                    That is what is amazing about those numbers. NY and NJ took the hit for the rest of the country. They were the first hit with no preparation and the lessons learned from that paved the way for our concerted response that should have saved the rest of the country. NYC -- for once, and certainly not by choice -- sacrificed itself for the rest of the country.

And the red parts of the country are so peevish and reactionary that they took their head start and blew it. Just out of spite.

This is pure Darwin. Death by lack of character.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I am not saying you are racist, but your bias is preventing you from seeing the truth.
                      Conservatives: not racist but #1 with racists.
                      Cornell University

Comment

That is what is amazing about those numbers. NY and NJ took the hit for the rest of the country. They were the first hit with no preparation and the lessons learned from that paved the way for our concerted response that should have saved the rest of the country. NYC -- for once, and certainly not by choice -- sacrificed itself for the rest of the country.

And the red parts of the country are so peevish and reactionary that they took their head start and blew it. Just out of spite.

Seems like population density could be a factor, too - at least for NY and NJ (Boston is only 24th most dense city). A lot harder to social distance in NYC than anywhere else in the US.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                          Deaths per 100,000 since the start of the pandemic:

1. Mississippi, 314
                          2. New Jersey, 307
                          3. Louisiana, 292
                          4. New York, 281
                          5. Alabama, 275
                          6. Arizona, 269
                          7. Massachusetts, 268
                          8. Rhode Island, 266
                          9. Oklahama, 250
                          10. Arkansas, 248
                          11. Florida, 242

Half of Mississippi's deaths have occurred since December 29, 2020.

But if you look at states that have been applauded for keeping the death toll low, like Vermont, Hawaii, New Hampshire, half of their deaths have been from after that date as well. Do they have zero excuse as well?
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

If you will recall, we brought this up a year ago when states started getting hit hard, that we all knew what the game plan should be. And the lessons learned early in the pandemic were ignored.

This is why I just can’t feel sorry for people who are dying now. Between the prevention efforts and the vaccine, we should be 100% done. But people are making an active choice to let people die. Like it was a plan to thin the herd.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Seems like population density could be a factor, too - at least for NY and NJ (Boston is only 24th most dense city). A lot harder to social distance in NYC than anywhere else in the US.
                              Massachusetts has the 3rd highest population density as a state in the country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lation_density

Boston suffers from proximity to that stinking cesspool of NYC as well as having that global super spreader event very early on at a Biogen conference https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/02/...etts-covid-19/

Much argued, but some estimate that this conference - due to the international nature, origin of attendees, number of attendees and before we know anything about COVID - may have led to over 300,000 infections.

Plus, we have an older population, though that's tough to track down. https://www.prb.org/resources/which-...re-the-oldest/ says we're 24th, however I've read that these too heavily factor college student that aren't technically residents and are only here part time (I've also read that that is nonsense, so honestly I have no idea).

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Half of Mississippi's deaths have occurred since December 29, 2020.

But if you look at states that have been applauded for keeping the death toll low, like Vermont, Hawaii, New Hampshire, half of their deaths have been from after that date as well. Do they have zero excuse as well?
                                New Hampshire, while technically a blue state, is the Arkansas of New England.

At any rate, keep in mind that your somewhat arbitrary date of 12/29/20 puts it about halfway between the start of the pandemic and right now, and for states like the ones you mention, they did not have early outbreaks. So yeah, I'd say at least in Vermont and Hawaii's case that isn't particularly surprising, and hasn't made a substantial impact in their death rate, which is what I'm talking about.

Those southern state have seen their rates skyrocket, which is utterly inexcusable.

Comment

Working...
                                X