Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Minneapolis and St Paul will require all indoor dining (including ticketed and non-ticketed events that serve food or drink) to require patrons show proof of vaccine or negative covid test within the last 72 hours. They initially said PCR only but immediately revised to include antigen (either way, the test must be from a lab).

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Hit play and see if you can tell when omicron hits

https://theuscovidatlas.org/map?lat=...ull&viz=2D&v=2

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Great thread on twitter by Ed Yong regarding the with and for debate.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

At least he's done what he can do. The sad part is that people like jebbers will take the info to murder thousands of people.
    Hey, anecdotal evidence is evidence; it's right there in the name!

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    At least he's done what he can do. The sad part is that people like jebbers will take the info to murder thousands of people.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1481307506995511299

Gov. Jim Justice of West Virginia has Covid-19 and is feeling “extremely unwell,” his office announced Tuesday night. The Republican governor is vaccinated and boosted, his office said, and has begun receiving a course of monoclonal antibody treatment.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Keep in mind, Rand Paul will chair the committee that has direct oversight of Faucci if the GOP takes the senate back.
    If stuff like that doesn't get people to the polls then all is lost. My cats know more about science than that clown.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Keep in mind, Rand Paul will chair the committee that has direct oversight of Faucci if the GOP takes the senate back.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Why does Fauci have to get questioned by that clown all the time?

I just found a friend of mine, who I am pretty sure is vaxxed but likely not boosted, has COVID pneumonia and is on a breathing machine. He was a hard drinking (now sober) Navy Man so the second I saw he was sick I kind of feared the worst. This one stings a bit...

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Not sure where to put the overtly political on this board, but it's Faucci related- he outed Rand Paul yesterday for raising money via outrage for Faucci. It's amazing, sometimes, that people are overtly making money supporting and spreading information that is literally killing people at 10x the rate. So 9 out of 10 unvaccinated deaths can be prevented.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    We're both boosted but have cut back entirely on extraneous social stuff. No hockey or anything like that. We're wearing n95s at all times.

We'll wait omicron out and I figure it's going to be a very different world come February. We'll reevaluate then.

WFH 100% now but will have excursions to the plants intermittently. Still trying to decide if i ever want to go back permanently.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    I'm triple jabbed and I've gone back to double masking when going to the supermarket, and at BU games. I've decided to forego road games this year as I don't feel comfortable going to arenas where I feel they're not doing enough. The one good thing about BU's crap season has been the small crowds. I've never stopped wearing a mask at the supermarket and never stopped wiping down groceries. I still use hand sanitizer and use Lysol as well. Thankfully I live alone so I don't have to worry about getting sick from a roommate. I'm still beyond worried about my mom. I bought KN95 masks and gave her a few and told her those are the masks she needs to wear from now on. Monday she had to go pick up a prescription for my aunt (who lives with her) at the hospital and I told her to double mask. Naturally, she forgot the KN95 and only wore the surgical one. I told her last night to keep me posted on how she's feeling the next few days. I ordered a coupe more at home tests online just to have.

My manager just let us know she tested positive this morning. She got it from her 7-month-old son, who got it at daycare. It's just such a horrible situation we're all living in.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I personally am probably closer to what you are saying - maybe not 100% in the VAD camp but getting closer - mostly because I'm at the point of having no more ****s to give about the people choosing to not get the free, readily available vaccine. I still generally wear a mask when out (and 100% of the time if a city requires it or store requests it), I'm a bit selective about what i do (Examples: I've been to a couple of hockey games, but if the arena did not have the proof of vax or negative test requirement for entry I probably would not have gone. I stopped in at our local brewery last weekend, but when i arrived it was a bit too crowded for my taste / comfort, so I decided to pass. I'm choosing to not go see a band i really like since there is no safety protocols in place at the venue). I defintely do not want my kid's school to go remote and am not going to test my vaccinated / boosted / asymptomatic kids to protect the 35% - 40% of kids in their school choosing to not get vaccinated. And as you describe this could change for me if some future variant changes the risk situation.
    At this point, I can't imagine asking people for more than this.

Omicron is so contagious that even strict lockdowns aren't really effective. Australia and Austria are two examples of this. Once it's "in", it's in. If your community has a low vaccination rate, your hospitals are going to get slaughtered. If you're in a high vaccination community, your hospitals are going to get very, very busy. The cake is baked.

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I am pretty much in the VAD camp, with a few reservations. I have worked 100% remotely since the start of all this, and I changed firms in part because I felt my new, much smaller firm would be back to on-site visits sooner than my former megafirm. I want to actually work with my clients in-person again, whenever they are ready to do so. I realize that some will probably never be ready and consider this change to their working relationship with consultants to be permanent, especially now that they haven't had to pay our travel expenses in almost 2 years. That's their choice, and for some projects it does work, but I feel a lot more gets accomplished in-person, even if it's just the first 1-2 weeks of kickoff and initial workshops to do planning and gather the requirements. I think eventually a majority of clients will see that and want us visiting again. I am burned out on Zoom, Teams, WebEx etc. and I haven't turned my camera on in months except for the rare occasion that I am obligated to. I am triple jabbed, so I no longer wear a mask unless a particular business requires it and/or still posts "Please Wear a Mask" on the front door (only because I'm not an a55hole). As I see it, I have done my part and unless the next mutation substantially increases the odds of death, I'm not going to be a COVID worrywart. If you are eligible then get your shots or risk suffering the consequences of your actions, because I am no longer going to inconvenience myself or go out of my way to protect you.
    I personally am probably closer to what you are saying - maybe not 100% in the VAD camp but getting closer - mostly because I'm at the point of having no more ****s to give about the people choosing to not get the free, readily available vaccine. I still generally wear a mask when out (and 100% of the time if a city requires it or store requests it), I'm a bit selective about what i do (Examples: I've been to a couple of hockey games, but if the arena did not have the proof of vax or negative test requirement for entry I probably would not have gone. I stopped in at our local brewery last weekend, but when i arrived it was a bit too crowded for my taste / comfort, so I decided to pass. I'm choosing to not go see a band i really like since there is no safety protocols in place at the venue). I defintely do not want my kid's school to go remote and am not going to test my vaccinated / boosted / asymptomatic kids to protect the 35% - 40% of kids in their school choosing to not get vaccinated. And as you describe this could change for me if some future variant changes the risk situation.
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 01-12-2022, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

I'll give you a hint, there are more differences than just the one. Keep going, and maybe don't post again until you figure it out.
    I don't see any possibility that he'll ever figure it out. The data has been pretty consistent that the unvaccinated (the minority) account for most of the deaths (somewhere between 7-10:1)- which is a big indicator of where it's coming from. Somehow data like that can't be used.

Even in New York, where it's 80/20ish vaccinated, it's still numerically 1/2 deaths. So 20% of the population is ~66% of the deaths.

Most of the resources and deaths are going to the unvaccinated minority of the public.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X