Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PANDA: More evidence lockdown is complete failure in fighting Covid-19 – the SA picture

https://www.biznews.com/inside-covid...mpression=true

Comment

• Q&A: Michael Levitt on why there shouldn’t be a lockdown, how he’s been tracking coronavirus

https://www.stanforddaily.com/2020/0...g-coronavirus/

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        I'm curious to see what happens come September once the weather turns and many areas lose the ability to have outdoor seating... I would think that they should be screaming like hell to get people on board now instead of ignoring the mask mandates...
        Something that is not happening. People are NOT thinking. Had a family member message me today asking my opinion re whether the kid should return to University or not. I laid out all the stuff I knew. GOt a comment back- I don't see how that will work. Yup. Why are the schools presenting it like they are going to be successful. As a parent it is tough to talk about it to the kid. $$.

Our schools here have delayed opening. In the last couple of days our numbers are going up and there are stories of failures. I would not want to be teaching in a kid school. I keep saying people should have a pool for when tey get their first case- if they can make it past day 1.

Comment

• Dear Lord you people are nuts. When did it become about a “case”?

Absolutely Hysterical.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...12424429289473

My god he is beyond stupid.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              This clip, and many more from the Axios interview, is blowing up my Twitter timeliness this morning.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

DeNile isn't just a river in Egypt.

But it's pretty disappointing that instead of taking care of Americans, it's a comparison to everyone else, in the search for a stat where we are "better."

Again, how in the world did this become a political issue? The fact that he turned it into one is criminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  That's not happening, and not going to happen. Plenty of restaurants are open around here- even with streets closed and lots of outdoor seating. And I still see that most are not running anywhere near their capacity. Stores are open, but not many people are going in. People are not spending money. Period.
                  My cousin owns a restaurant in Florida. He said his business is at 50% of what it was last year.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Clock is ticking on desantis

“Five people who attended a Florida Sheriffs Association meeting last week with GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis have tested positive for coronavirus.”

Comment

I think you guys are being way too hard on the man. He's old and infirm, as you will be someday if you are lucky enough to live that long. Instead of constantly harping about his infirmities, you should be respectful and help him find a place where he can both be safe and feel like he is respected and loved. This isn't 50 years ago; there are plenty of nice options out there, and many of them would even allow him to come and go, as long as he is accompanied by a responsible adult.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

I think you guys are being way too hard on the man. He's old and infirm, as you will be someday if you are lucky enough to live that long. Instead of constantly harping about his infirmities, you should be respectful and help him find a place where he can both be safe and feel like he is respected and loved. This isn't 50 years ago; there are plenty of nice options out there, and many of them would even allow him to come and go, as long as he is accompanied by a responsible adult.
                        Well that rules out the entire GOP.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
                        Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
                        Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
                        Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
                        Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                          Q&A: Michael Levitt on why there shouldn’t be a lockdown, how he’s been tracking coronavirus

https://www.stanforddaily.com/2020/0...g-coronavirus/

I don't know who that guy is, or his background, but that guy is saying things that more people need to say and understand.

Edit: On second thought, is this the same guy that Handy hated because he talked about the data from the cruise ship?
                          Last edited by SJHovey; 08-04-2020, 08:49 AM.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I only read a little of it, but it really drives me crazy when people say "well they had heart conditions so you shouldn't count them as COVID deaths".

Nonsense. People can live for years with all types of awful maladies. Add COVID to them, and dead. Rationalizing those deaths away like that is repugnant.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• He appears to think herd immunity is around 30%, and that's why China, South Korea and Italy improved, ignoring the draconian lockdown acts those three countries enforced. So he's kind of hit and miss.

He accurately predicted the initial trajectory of the pandemic, and when China would peak. On the other hand, in March 2020 he made severely wrong predictions that Israel would suffer no more than 10 COVID-19 deaths, as well as that the USA will have a much faster coronavirus recovery than expected.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                                I only read a little of it, but it really drives me crazy when people say "well they had heart conditions so you shouldn't count them as COVID deaths".

Nonsense. People can live for years with all types of awful maladies. Add COVID to them, and dead. Rationalizing those deaths away like that is repugnant.
                                Who said rationalizing anything away? It’s called context. Context like, the average age of people dying with Covid is over the average life expectancy. Something like 7,000 people pass away every day in this country, day after day. Many are elderly and pass away from the last ailment they encounter, do they not matter as much as a “Covid death.”

When you have proper context you start making proper decisions and policies, like you know protecting people who are actually vulnerable to Covid.

Without it you get a bunch of nonsense.

Does what you said above not go for similar scenarios when someone passes away due to a illness they catch, non Covid? Or does only Covid matter?

Comment

Working...
                                X