Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ok I'll bite. What gives you that impression and what do you think they're doing that's dodgy?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

      Yeah, I am so fucking tired of the 9/11 coverage. Maudlin.

      Some people remember how we were united in the days after, i think it's so much more important to remember that it brought out some of our worst attributes for the next 20 years. Racism, war, drone strikes, loss of freedoms, living in fear, surveillance state...
      I prefer not to think of it as the 20th anniversary of 9/11 but rather the 4th anniversary of the time Ted Cruz liked incest porn on Twitter.

      Cornell '04, Stanford '06


      KDR

      Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

      Test to see if I can add this.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

        I prefer not to think of it as the 20th anniversary of 9/11 but rather the 4th anniversary of the time Ted Cruz liked incest porn on Twitter.
        "What are you doing step-Senator?"
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

        Live Radio from 100.3

        Comment


        • She did the math.

          Get vaccinated.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

          Live Radio from 100.3

          Comment


          • Originally posted by aparch View Post
            She did the math.

            Get vaccinated.
            But it's not perfect, so it must not be effective. That's why advocating a useless anti-parasitic is so important (remembering the creator got a big prize for it).

            Just asking questions....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Wow. This is incredible to me. We know multiple people who have died. Way more scary- I know 3 previously healthy people, all under 40, currently are disabled or seriously hampered in their ability to do their job d/t longhaul. One of them used to have a very active job and they just gave him restrictions that make him a desk jockey because if he tries to be up and about baaaaad stuff is happening. A few more who are late 50s who are not incapacitated but have difficulties doing anything but getting thru the work day.

              Excited about the mandates.

              I am eternally grateful I retired when I did. Have not been keeping in here religiously but haven't seen anything about all of the shortages of medicals in facilities. Nurses, resp therapists, Xray techs are resigning in droves. Have seen a couple of articles on medical pages where they are leaving to work as traveling long term fillins where they can make huge money. One interviewed said the level of frustration at public stupidity, abuse from those claiming hoax, caring for people who didn't care enough to try to prevent being sick, the ridiculous acuity of the patients, lack of staff, and the number of deaths was soul crushing. With the money made being a Traveler she could work a few months, stop for a few months to deal with the trauma of it and then get back in the saddle while still making more than before. She also was not in her own community and was less connected to the people- emotionally easier to deal with than knowing the stupid people. It was rather frightening to read- understandable but awful to think of.

              Know someone in a moderately sized Practice connected to a hospital system - they're down 12 providers, cannot staff nurses, phlebotomists, Xray techs, MAs, Nursing assts. People come but quit or they just can't fill after a resignation. This person and their kid (also medical) are both currently out of work in quarantine. Nuts
              This is a really big problem for us. We absolutely can't find staff for almost any supporting role position (tech, secretary, medical assistant, etc.), can't find nurses, can't find doctors. Yeah, some of the reason is the general poor pay for some of these jobs relative to the quantity and importance of the work demanded of them, but a lot of people simply don't want the increased risk of catching COVID while working that job at any salary. (also puts some more evidence to the lie that the additional federal unemployment was hurting employers in a meaningful way)

              But beyond that, people are burned out. Doctors and nurses and x-ray techs and lab techs and transport staff and janitors and IT folks and secretaries and administrators and billers and coders have been run ragged for 18 months and counting, and we could be over it now but for people's ignorance, selfishness and stupidity. Continuing to refuse a vaccine - while demanding treatment when you inevitably get sick - is a direct middle finger to those very people you're demanding to save your life.

              There is going to be a substantial exodus in healthcare workers after COVID (whenever that is), where the people that wanted to walk but couldn't (for whatever reason - economic or moral or whatever) finally decide that it's ok to. The brutal and fucking avoidable amount of suffering and death these people have dealt with is unprecedented outside soldiers in combat.

              I hate mocking the "but mah rights!" crap. I'm a libertarian and a libertine and my personal freedoms are extremely important to me. But so are the responsibilities that come with those. And you can go and fuck yourself if you claim those freedoms without also claiming those responsibilities. No seriously. Go and fuck yourself, you selfish twats.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                I hate mocking the "but mah rights!" crap. I'm a libertarian and a libertine and my personal freedoms are extremely important to me. But so are the responsibilities that come with those. And you can go and fuck yourself if you claim those freedoms without also claiming those responsibilities. No seriously. Go and fuck yourself, you selfish twats.
                Mocking "but mah freedumbs!" is not a mocking of personal freedom, which is important. It's mocking the unthinking ideologues who are not making any sort of constitutional or philosophical argument, but are simply saying "I can do anything I want and if it hurts you fuck you." And that's all capital L Libertarianism is in America, unfortunately. I know, I made the same long political trip. It's no surprise that as one travels deeper and deeper into libertarian circles there are (1) no women, (2) no minorities, (3) nobody who recognizes any sort of healthy definition of community. One is left with a cruddy residue of angry zealots who read Heinlein wrong and Rand right.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                  This is a really big problem for us. We absolutely can't find staff for almost any supporting role position (tech, secretary, medical assistant, etc.), can't find nurses, can't find doctors. Yeah, some of the reason is the general poor pay for some of these jobs relative to the quantity and importance of the work demanded of them, but a lot of people simply don't want the increased risk of catching COVID while working that job at any salary. (also puts some more evidence to the lie that the additional federal unemployment was hurting employers in a meaningful way)

                  But beyond that, people are burned out. Doctors and nurses and x-ray techs and lab techs and transport staff and janitors and IT folks and secretaries and administrators and billers and coders have been run ragged for 18 months and counting, and we could be over it now but for people's ignorance, selfishness and stupidity. Continuing to refuse a vaccine - while demanding treatment when you inevitably get sick - is a direct middle finger to those very people you're demanding to save your life.

                  There is going to be a substantial exodus in healthcare workers after COVID (whenever that is), where the people that wanted to walk but couldn't (for whatever reason - economic or moral or whatever) finally decide that it's ok to. The brutal and fucking avoidable amount of suffering and death these people have dealt with is unprecedented outside soldiers in combat.

                  I hate mocking the "but mah rights!" crap. I'm a libertarian and a libertine and my personal freedoms are extremely important to me. But so are the responsibilities that come with those. And you can go and fuck yourself if you claim those freedoms without also claiming those responsibilities. No seriously. Go and fuck yourself, you selfish twats.
                  Good. Maybe the private health care system will finally collapse and Biden will have every excuse in the world to nationalize it. NHS is already taken....maybe Federal Universal Care Unit?

                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    Good. Maybe the private health care system will finally collapse and Biden will have every excuse in the world to nationalize it. NHS is already taken....maybe Federal Universal Care Unit?
                    Federal Universal Care Keepers.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rufus View Post

                      Federal Universal Care Keepers.
                      I think it still needs Unit on the end, but thanks for finding the K that I couldn't see.

                      In other news, who knew that a uniform, nationwide policy could actually be divisive?

                      Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson: Federal mandates fuel resistance to vaccinations (msn.com)

                      Also, up is down and water is dry.

                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

                        I think it still needs Unit on the end, but thanks for finding the K that I couldn't see.

                        In other news, who knew that a uniform, nationwide policy could actually be divisive?

                        Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson: Federal mandates fuel resistance to vaccinations (msn.com)

                        Also, up is down and water is dry.
                        Good. Let the morons raise Darwin's Pocket Aces with two Aces on the board.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                        Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                        Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                        Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

                          I think it still needs Unit on the end, but thanks for finding the K that I couldn't see.

                          In other news, who knew that a uniform, nationwide policy could actually be divisive?

                          Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson: Federal mandates fuel resistance to vaccinations (msn.com)

                          Also, up is down and water is dry.
                          Apparently, Asa, you are not doing a good enough job. Had it not been for your fellow idiots, we would not be here, now. So it sucks for you.

                          Comment


                          • A new low for covidiots, mocking kids who have lost a grandparent to Covid: https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...=hp_featurebox
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                              Yeah, I am so fucking tired of the 9/11 coverage. Maudlin.

                              Some people remember how we were united in the days after, i think it's so much more important to remember that it brought out some of our worst attributes for the next 20 years. Racism, war, drone strikes, loss of freedoms, living in fear, surveillance state...
                              I should have read this thread yesterday. I was feeling pretty alone in this sentiment.

                              One of the pilots came from where we live. I lost patients in the first plane. I also cared for the spouses, children, someone who lost a pregnancy after the partner died, and knew people who scrambled not knowing what they were getting into.

                              The superficial theatrical production happening now grates me. All the drama, no deep thinking. And the a55hats with the memes about people not caring now make me want to puke. Almost all of them on my feed are from younger white men who weren't born when it happened but are happy to baa-aaa like a sheep in outrage. GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! No use trying to hold them accountable. I grieve privately. Not on display for effect
                              Last edited by leswp1; 09-12-2021, 09:02 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                                This is a really big problem for us. We absolutely can't find staff for almost any supporting role position (tech, secretary, medical assistant, etc.), can't find nurses, can't find doctors. Yeah, some of the reason is the general poor pay for some of these jobs relative to the quantity and importance of the work demanded of them, but a lot of people simply don't want the increased risk of catching COVID while working that job at any salary. (also puts some more evidence to the lie that the additional federal unemployment was hurting employers in a meaningful way)

                                But beyond that, people are burned out. Doctors and nurses and x-ray techs and lab techs and transport staff and janitors and IT folks and secretaries and administrators and billers and coders have been run ragged for 18 months and counting, and we could be over it now but for people's ignorance, selfishness and stupidity. Continuing to refuse a vaccine - while demanding treatment when you inevitably get sick - is a direct middle finger to those very people you're demanding to save your life.

                                There is going to be a substantial exodus in healthcare workers after COVID (whenever that is), where the people that wanted to walk but couldn't (for whatever reason - economic or moral or whatever) finally decide that it's ok to. The brutal and fucking avoidable amount of suffering and death these people have dealt with is unprecedented outside soldiers in combat.

                                I hate mocking the "but mah rights!" crap. I'm a libertarian and a libertine and my personal freedoms are extremely important to me. But so are the responsibilities that come with those. And you can go and fuck yourself if you claim those freedoms without also claiming those responsibilities. No seriously. Go and fuck yourself, you selfish twats.
                                Ahhhhnald says it. Patriotism has devolved into waving a flag, desecrating it by putting words or images on it, yapping about standing for the anthem and all the other nonsense that is superficial. We have 2 generations or more of people who have never been asked to sacrifice for their Country and have never been exposed to people who know it is necessary. 9/11 we weren't asked to do something to sacrifice. Bush said, "go shopping". I will never forget how flabbergasted I was that was all he asked. Now we need people to be Patriotic, they have no memory of what it means and there are a lot of unscrupulous people raking in big bucks telling them to be outraged instead of sacrificing*.

                                https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...NiPpv1qb1IZmlo

                                *how it is a sacrifice to do these simple things is beyond me. Walked by a family yesterday- the kid (maybe 4ish) wanted to go do something. Dad said, "ok, wash your hands and mask up" the little one was already heading toward the guy holding the sanitizer as soon as he heard "ok". Masked up without a peep and headed off. Happy as a clam. The kids are fine. The adults have the problem. Now if only 4 yr olds could vote.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X