Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1290351496102645761

"JUST IN: Journalist covering Trump trip to Florida tests positive for coronavirus"
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1290351496102645761

"JUST IN: Journalist covering Trump trip to Florida tests positive for coronavirus"
      “JUST IN: Just days after covering President Trump's visit to Florida last week, a member of the press tested positive for COVID-19. According to reports, the journalist was in a crowded room with the president and was in close proximity to dozens of members of the press as well as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and other lawmakers.”

Comment

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1290342450339426304

"Michigan lawmaker who tried to limit governor's emergency powers tests positive for COVID-19"
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Send them home to remind them that it does not. This isn't hard.

Remind them the plethora of laws that keep people healthy- air and water pollution, work safety, crash safety, etc- that are exactly what mask mandates are.
          At least one was sent home, no pay, unexcused absence. Rumors that I have yet to confirm are some people have actually quit over this. This is in a plant with lots of welding going on so they spend a portion of the day with their entire heads covered anyway (when welding they do not need to have any additional face coverings on, just their required PPE). These are decent paying jobs with decent benefits. And yet some are dumb enough to quit over something like this? Those people cannot be reached with appeals to the logic of wearing a mask, nor even to the obligation that the employer is under due to the mandate set forth by the governor. In other words they are every bit like the typical republican or trump supporter -- completely lost, unreasonable babies and a waste of anyone's time to try to reason with.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

At least one was sent home, no pay, unexcused absence. Rumors that I have yet to confirm are some people have actually quit over this. This is in a plant with lots of welding going on so they spend a portion of the day with their entire heads covered anyway (when welding they do not need to have any additional face coverings on, just their required PPE). These are decent paying jobs with decent benefits. And yet some are dumb enough to quit over something like this? Those people cannot be reached with appeals to the logic of wearing a mask, nor even to the obligation that the employer is under due to the mandate set forth by the governor. In other words they are every bit like the typical republican or trump supporter -- completely lost, unreasonable babies and a waste of anyone's time to try to reason with.
            It would be pretty funny if a future potential employer called your company, and the reply to that.

There's no principle to this, just stupidity. Especially since it's a private company- who are fully in their rights to add protection for safety.

Good time to quit, too- when the economy is down and a lot of people need jobs.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ajc/status/1290363054111236097

"The largest school district in the state reported Sunday that 260 employees have tested positive for the coronavirus or are in quarantine because of possible exposure as they prepare for the new school year."
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Not sure if this has been posted before. Nice link to map instead of having to scroll. Has hot spot data and if you scroll down where the States are on reopening.
                https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...s-coronavirus/
                Last edited by leswp1; 08-03-2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• I finding it both infuriating and interesting that people can't see that this sorta, kinda, people getting sick, lots dying, infections, etc way of opening is do devastating for the economy. There's zero consumer confidence, especially as I expect many predict a new shut down- so people are not spending money. They all say "what about the economy" - as if people are just going to return to 100% just because.

That's not happening, and not going to happen. Plenty of restaurants are open around here- even with streets closed and lots of outdoor seating. And I still see that most are not running anywhere near their capacity. Stores are open, but not many people are going in. People are not spending money. Period.

Somehow, this is superior than 4 more weeks of real shut down until late June.

We are not spending much money, and I know a lot of other people who are just like us. Yea, there are others who are willing to risk it- but there's no way that places are running at 100%, making barely 5% margins on good days.

Forcing this open isn't going to make this better. What IS going to happen is that people will see infections getting worse, people dying- and they will keep not spending money. Seems like the backlash for rushing is going to be worse than doing it right.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/gummibear...56551245733888

Let's put #COVID19 into some historical context and try to give it some perspective

Thanks to @BallouxFrancois, who pointed out that COVID is most similar to the 1957 Asian Flu Pandemic, I did some research

It made me realize how completely unremarkable this whole crisis is

​​​​​​​

Comment

• People sure are spending money in my town. It's like the virus doesn't exist.

If it weren't for the governor's orders limiting capacity, every place in town would be packed full.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        People sure are spending money in my town. It's like the virus doesn't exist.

If it weren't for the governor's orders limiting capacity, every place in town would be packed full.
                        Good for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                          https://mobile.twitter.com/gummibear...56551245733888

Let's put #COVID19 into some historical context and try to give it some perspective

Thanks to @BallouxFrancois, who pointed out that COVID is most similar to the 1957 Asian Flu Pandemic, I did some research

It made me realize how completely unremarkable this whole crisis is

​​​​​​​
                          https://mobile.twitter.com/gummibear...56555284865024

Let's look at the numbers IFR: -1957 Flu: 0.67% -SARC CoV-2: 0.65% (CDC number) In terms of deaths/1M UK looks about the same If you use an estimate of 220K final death toll for US it looks the same World statistics are going to look different unless Asia joins the party

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            People sure are spending money in my town. It's like the virus doesn't exist.

It's not nearly 100%. And how long can companies sustain that?

Comment

• I'm curious to see what happens come September once the weather turns and many areas lose the ability to have outdoor seating... I would think that they should be screaming like hell to get people on board now instead of ignoring the mask mandates...
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Forcing this open isn't going to make this better. What IS going to happen is that people will see infections getting worse, people dying- and they will keep not spending money. Seems like the backlash for rushing is going to be worse than doing it right.
                                “Forcing” open. Lmao.

Lockdown and social distancing could make our immune system weaker, says scientist

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...m-weaker-says/

Ear muff up, goggle up, mask up do whatever you have to do and hide under your bed If you want to.
                                Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-03-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X