Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People sure are spending money in my town. It's like the virus doesn't exist.

If it weren't for the governor's orders limiting capacity, every place in town would be packed full.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      People sure are spending money in my town. It's like the virus doesn't exist.

If it weren't for the governor's orders limiting capacity, every place in town would be packed full.
      Good for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
        https://mobile.***********/gummibear...56551245733888

Let's put #COVID19 into some historical context and try to give it some perspective

Thanks to @BallouxFrancois, who pointed out that COVID is most similar to the 1957 Asian Flu Pandemic, I did some research

It made me realize how completely unremarkable this whole crisis is

​​​​​​​
        https://mobile.***********/gummibear...56555284865024

Let's look at the numbers IFR: -1957 Flu: 0.67% -SARC CoV-2: 0.65% (CDC number) In terms of deaths/1M UK looks about the same If you use an estimate of 220K final death toll for US it looks the same World statistics are going to look different unless Asia joins the party

Comment

• I'm curious to see what happens come September once the weather turns and many areas lose the ability to have outdoor seating... I would think that they should be screaming like hell to get people on board now instead of ignoring the mask mandates...
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue

Forcing this open isn't going to make this better. What IS going to happen is that people will see infections getting worse, people dying- and they will keep not spending money. Seems like the backlash for rushing is going to be worse than doing it right.
            “Forcing” open. Lmao.

Lockdown and social distancing could make our immune system weaker, says scientist

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...m-weaker-says/

Ear muff up, goggle up, mask up do whatever you have to do and hide under your bed If you want to.
            Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-03-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• PANDA: More evidence lockdown is complete failure in fighting Covid-19 – the SA picture

https://www.biznews.com/inside-covid...mpression=true

Comment

• Q&A: Michael Levitt on why there shouldn’t be a lockdown, how he’s been tracking coronavirus

https://www.stanforddaily.com/2020/0...g-coronavirus/

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  I'm curious to see what happens come September once the weather turns and many areas lose the ability to have outdoor seating... I would think that they should be screaming like hell to get people on board now instead of ignoring the mask mandates...
                  Something that is not happening. People are NOT thinking. Had a family member message me today asking my opinion re whether the kid should return to University or not. I laid out all the stuff I knew. GOt a comment back- I don't see how that will work. Yup. Why are the schools presenting it like they are going to be successful. As a parent it is tough to talk about it to the kid. $$.

Our schools here have delayed opening. In the last couple of days our numbers are going up and there are stories of failures. I would not want to be teaching in a kid school. I keep saying people should have a pool for when tey get their first case- if they can make it past day 1.

Comment

• Dear Lord you people are nuts. When did it become about a “case”?

Absolutely Hysterical.

Comment

• https://***********/nycsouthpaw/stat...12424429289473

My god he is beyond stupid.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        This clip, and many more from the Axios interview, is blowing up my Twitter timeliness this morning.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue
                          That's not happening, and not going to happen. Plenty of restaurants are open around here- even with streets closed and lots of outdoor seating. And I still see that most are not running anywhere near their capacity. Stores are open, but not many people are going in. People are not spending money. Period.
                          My cousin owns a restaurant in Florida. He said his business is at 50% of what it was last year.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Clock is ticking on desantis

“Five people who attended a Florida Sheriffs Association meeting last week with GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis have tested positive for coronavirus.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I think you guys are being way too hard on the man. He's old and infirm, as you will be someday if you are lucky enough to live that long. Instead of constantly harping about his infirmities, you should be respectful and help him find a place where he can both be safe and feel like he is respected and loved. This isn't 50 years ago; there are plenty of nice options out there, and many of them would even allow him to come and go, as long as he is accompanied by a responsible adult.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

I think you guys are being way too hard on the man. He's old and infirm, as you will be someday if you are lucky enough to live that long. Instead of constantly harping about his infirmities, you should be respectful and help him find a place where he can both be safe and feel like he is respected and loved. This isn't 50 years ago; there are plenty of nice options out there, and many of them would even allow him to come and go, as long as he is accompanied by a responsible adult.
                                Well that rules out the entire GOP.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X