Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

It's not that they can't see. It's that they don't want to see. The exchanging of information, the learning of facts, isn't the point.

The point is the confrontation.
    You're right on all points above. I was trying to be polite - it's a Canadian thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

His opinion is never going to change. You aren't going to post something some day where he will suddenly go "aha, I have been completely wrong this whole time. Thank you for informing me".

And yet you keep castigating him because he doesn't get the point of everything you've been saying to him, despite how many times you've had to post the same things. And you seem to be angry about that. Mad that he just doesn't get it. Despite all the people trying to enlighten him.

News flash. He doesn't want to "get it". What he wants is to see you getting angry, getting upset, calling him dumbass. He's getting off on that. The longer you keep doing it, the more he gets off.

As Wargames made clear, the only way to win the game is to not play.
      Thanks Dad.
      scroll on by or ignore.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
      Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
      Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
      Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
      Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

Comment

• Which is what we have been all saying for months now. I'm glad that they are pointing out the hysteria mania accusing people of being careful.

But the key part is the long term impact on the economy when little is done. Some here predicted the less we do, the worse the impact will be- and it's starting to very much play out. Once again, I wonder were the theme park/cruise ship/airline companies are? When are they going to see that the impact of doing nothing is going to hurt them more than harsh and quick? How is DeSantis not getting huge pressure from the vacation industry???? I just don't get that.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Which is what we have been all saying for months now. I'm glad that they are pointing out the hysteria mania accusing people of being careful.

But the key part is the long term impact on the economy when little is done. Some here predicted the less we do, the worse the impact will be- and it's starting to very much play out. Once again, I wonder were the theme park/cruise ship/airline companies are? When are they going to see that the impact of doing nothing is going to hurt them more than harsh and quick? How is DeSantis not getting huge pressure from the vacation industry???? I just don't get that.
          Florida has no state income tax, right? Doesn’t it rely heavily on tourism?

that not gonna be good

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Florida has no state income tax, right? Doesn’t it rely heavily on tourism?

that not gonna be good
            Yup https://www.ucf.edu/online/hospitali...ocal%20levels.

There are so many direct jobs, let alone the massive industries. Half the country gets it, and will not travel- cruises are shut off until at least October, and the longer Florida does nothing, the longer it will take to see ships full enough to bother sailing; How much will Universal and Disney be burning staying open to half crowds?

In a different note- the huge race tracks- Daytona is a huge place, and has multiple events a year- now nobody can go and inject the normal input. The sporting teams have nobody going to them- even with the "shot in the arm" from the NBA and MLS at Disney. The only ones who are getting anything is Disney and TV revenue- the people who actually work for them locally are getting nothing.

There are SO many companies and small businesses who will suffer so much due to the lack of response, I just really wonder where they are?

Comment

• Very good article by Beda Stadler

https://medium.com/@vernunftundricht...g-fce6db5ba809

Comment

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1289890964396314624

"Delta flight returns to gate after two passengers refuse to wear masks"

I have a good friend who is a flight attendant for Delta...she is not enjoying her job as much as she used to.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/1289813340458323971

Its only 671 new cases...surely they arent going to clutch at pearls and go crazy because of that...

https://twitter.com/ausgov/status/1289813690166865920

"From 6pm tonight, Melbourne will move to Stage 4 restrictions with stronger rules to stop the spread of coronavirus That includes a curfew from 8pm to 5am, which also takes effect from tonight."

Oh yeah they are smart and we are ****ing stupid.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...41733560578048

"Birx warns US is 'in a new phase' of coronavirus pandemic with more widespread cases"

Dr. Deborah Birx on Sunday said the US is in a new phase in its fight against the coronavirus pandemic, saying that the deadly virus is more widespread than when it first took hold in the US earlier this year.

"What we are seeing today is different from March and April. It is extraordinarily widespread. It's into the rural as equal urban areas," Birx, the White House coronavirus task force coordinator, told CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union."
                    Birx stressed that Americans need to follow health recommendations, including wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
                    "To everybody who lives in a rural area, you are not immune or protected from this virus," Birx said. "If you're in multi-generational households, and there's an outbreak in your rural area or in your city, you need to really consider wearing a mask at home, assuming that you're positive, if you have individuals in your households with comorbidities.""This epidemic right now is different and it's more widespread and it's both rural and urban," she added.
                    A new ensemble forecast, published by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, projects more than 173,000 American deaths by August 22, and former US Food and Drug Administrator Dr. Scott Gottlieb warned on CNBC last month that the coronavirus death toll could double to 300,000 deaths by the end of the year, if the country doesn't change its trajectory.
                    She also said something nice about Pelosi so...she is fired.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• As long as one of the symptoms is, no symptoms, the insanity can go on indefinitely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/1289813340458323971

Its only 671 new cases...surely they arent going to clutch at pearls and go crazy because of that...

https://twitter.com/ausgov/status/1289813690166865920

"From 6pm tonight, Melbourne will move to Stage 4 restrictions with stronger rules to stop the spread of coronavirus That includes a curfew from 8pm to 5am, which also takes effect from tonight."

Oh yeah they are smart and we are ****ing stupid.
                        Andy slavitt has had a lot of good info on his Twitter lately. One today was comparing Melbourne with Minnesota and how much more lax we are being right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Andy slavitt has had a lot of good info on his Twitter lately. One today was comparing Melbourne with Minnesota and how much more lax we are being right now
                          No we are living under TYRANNY!!!

We have 769 cases and people are whining the schools arent fully opening. Melbourne has 671 and they add restrictions.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

No we are living under TYRANNY!!!

We have 769 cases and people are whining the schools arent fully opening. Melbourne has 671 and they add restrictions.
                            How many deaths though...that's all that matters. Deaths and hospitalizations.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
                            Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
                            Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
                            Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
                            Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Which are both rising, so i don't see any argument to be made here here.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

But, if you need to know, all Australia had 4.

I'm sure they were all extremely old, and well past their time to die anyway, so no loss.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X