Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

That is the major premise for states and cities yes.
    and no shock you're too stupid to see that both things I say can be true. That hospitals and deaths are important but so are cases in general... especially with a virus that can be and has been easily spread by asymptomatic people.
    And BTW...the word is weak you moron.
    Hospitals are not being over run. So now that parameters need to be met?

If “cases in general” are important what does that mean? What is the parameter there?

Also deaths and hospitalizations are much more defined and seeing trends and interpreting is much easier. And we are seeing both decline across the country.

Cases on the other hand are very hard to interpret. Since the test is testing for RNA of a virus it’s doesn’t mean active infection. It will even pick up fragment RNA. And do we need to even get into all the issues with the testing results, data errors, reporting only positives, ect?

When can businesses that are affected by mandates right now see those restrictions eased or lifted? Especially ones in areas where their health system isn’t overwhelmed? Which is pretty much everywhere.

What is the parameter for schools to open in areas that don’t have an overburdened medical system? Which is pretty much everywhere.
    Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-01-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Hospitals are not being over run. So now that parameters need to be met?

If “cases in general” are important what does that mean? What is the parameter there?

When can businesses that are affected by mandates right now see those restrictions eased or lifted? Especially ones in areas where their health system isn’t overwhelmed? Which is pretty much everywhere.

What is the parameter for schools to open in areas that don’t have an overburdened medical system? Which is pretty much everywhere.
      The point is to keep hospitals from being overrun...so masks and social distancing.
      Businesses have been able to operate fairly well under those conditions...but you hate them so of course it's wrong. And they can be eased when the threat is over. (Definitely over...not when you and your Twitter friends say so)
      As for schools...the mandate being used in MN works for me...but yet again I'm sure it doesn't for an "expert" like you.
      So much is not known about the effects of this disease and won't for a long time. So again... caution over nothing. (And here you complain about how dangerous that is )
      ​​​​​​So basically...take whatever you want...and do the opposite cause you're a dumbass.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
      Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
      Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
      Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
      Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

Comment

• FT, I know you like debating the dunce but do you realize 90% of your posts quote it? It's like you are actively assisting it hijacking the thread.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          FT, I know you like debating the dunce but do you realize 90% of your posts quote it? It's like you are actively assisting it hijacking the thread.
          Deal with it or ignore me as well. I do not care who has him on ignore.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Does anybody know if dogs are more likely to chase their tales the dumber they are?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
              Does anybody know if dogs are more likely to chase their tales the dumber they are?
              It's a boredom thing for.dogs, especially puppies. Not intelligence related at all.
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

The point is to keep hospitals from being overrun...so masks and social distancing.
                Businesses have been able to operate fairly well under those conditions...but you hate them so of course it's wrong. And they can be eased when the threat is over. (Definitely over...not when you and your Twitter friends say so)
                As for schools...the mandate being used in MN works for me...but yet again I'm sure it doesn't for an "expert" like you.
                So much is not known about the effects of this disease and won't for a long time. So again... caution over nothing. (And here you complain about how dangerous that is )
                ​​​​​​So basically...take whatever you want...and do the opposite cause you're a dumbass.
                How will we know when the threat is over? Definitely over?

Caution over everything? Even when The medical system is in great shape?

MN for example what is the percentage of single parents in the Cities? It’s pretty high. How do they handle kids doing the home school? Forgo going to work? Even if they can work from home, very challenging. And then we haven’t even touched on how this effects the kids.

Do you even consider the consequences?

since we know the system is in good shape. Please define what “definitely over” means surely there is a good answer from the experts and that is defined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  FT, I know you like debating the dunce but do you realize 90% of your posts quote it? It's like you are actively assisting it hijacking the thread.
                  Just keep posting cases counts. #TeamHysteria ^^

Comment

• Don't act like you care about kids Jeb. You don't. Parents have to make it work...and I'm sure they'll find a way even if they need state assistance.
                    Over is a working vaccine for me. For health experts I can't speak to, I'm not one.
                    I know you'll complain...cause it's you...but masks and social distancing... even "locking down" is a small price to pay for however long it takes.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Just keep posting cases counts. #TeamHysteria ^^
                      Red Sox chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom announced Saturday that Eduardo Rodriguez (heart) has been shut down for the remainder of the 2020 season.

While Rodriguez is expected to make a full recovery from myocarditis, the club doesn't believe that he'll have enough time to recover before the end of the 2020 season. The good news, however, is that his heart is functioning normally. He's expected to be ready to go for the start of the 2021 season. While not completely unexpected, it's another blow to a Red Sox' rotation that is in shambles at the moment.

#onlythedeaththatcount #TeamHysteria

Comment

• Wheee! Went for a walk this evening. Within a half a mile there were 3 parties with the largest one having people parked tight on both sides of the street for >150M. They were still arriving when I was on my way back. The back yard is not that big and some of it has a pool. They were all in this little fenced in area. I swear half the town I live in has been lobotomized.

To put this in persepective the State has put in free testing in 3 of our abutting towns and another one one town away because the numbers keep rising. The School district just went to the hybrid model because the numbers are rising. The parents are squealing. But hey, not gonna let the Rona keep me from having a party.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Wheee! Went for a walk this evening. Within a half a mile there were 3 parties with the largest one having people parked tight on both sides of the street for >150M. They were still arriving when I was on my way back. The back yard is not that big and some of it has a pool. They were all in this little fenced in area. I swear half the town I live in has been lobotomized.

To put this in persepective the State has put in free testing in 3 of our abutting towns and another one one town away because the numbers keep rising. The School district just went to the hybrid model because the numbers are rising. The parents are squealing. But hey, not gonna let the Rona keep me from having a party.
                          In some ways, this virus is truly heaven-sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

In some ways, this virus is truly heaven-sent.
                            I wish they would be put out of commission a bit faster. All afternoon we could hear huge parties around us- down the street, over the top of the hill, etc. mr les and I always go to the neighborhood party. It was today. We were talking about it. As he said, he is spending a good part of his day telling athletes what is safe, what is not and how to care for their fellow teammates/community. I came close to not being employed this Fall because I couldn't work without jeopardizing lil's job, mr les job, the patients I cared for and myself. We are literally putting our money where our mouth is.
                            They have a party and it is like a slap in the face to all the sacrifices those who are socially conscious are making. If we choose not go we are viewed with derision because we are so cautious. If we do go we are at massive risk as clearly they are not being safe.
                            I find my tolerance for people who are willing to be so selfish is minimal. I wouldn't be interesting in making excuses for or hanging out with someone who habitually drove drunk. I find this worse. DUI you kill yourself, maybe someone else your car hits. There is a lot of anguish but your hitting someone else doesn't make others drive down the road and crash into a crowded park, kill people and they others drive around crashing too. You act like a selfish a55 and I am not going to forget easily.~ Especially because the body count in our lives is past 1 hand and that is not counting people who we know from work. It will be way worse once schools start

Comment

• I had not noticed but GA has gone crazy on new cases, even worse than AZ, for about 10 days now. In a coupla weeks they are going to join the CA-TX-FL mass grave brigade.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• There was a riot at Ware State Prison

Now why is this in this thread you ask?

Multiple inmates at the prison have recently told the AJC that tensions were running high due to COVID-19. Two people incarcerated at the prison have died of the disease, while 22 inmates and 32 employees have tested positive, Georgia Department of Corrections records show.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X