Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    It's not just deaths that are of concern although obviously that is #1. But Long Covid is a serious concern even for those without pre-existing conditions. As wealthy as this country is there are plenty of people with s**t for health care and long term hospital stays could be financially crushing, and there are other downstream impacts. Never mind we should be doing all we can to reduce the development of variants. The lack of fortitude, foresight and seeing the big picture by the orcs is never short of amazing.
    I'm waiting for the moment where health insurance simply says "No Vaccine? Well your COVID bills aren't covered. GOOD LUCK!"

    Again, it's a strange side effect of having such a crap system in place that it achieves a good goal in a very roundabout way and forces change among orcs by forcing self preservation and nothing more.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

    Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

    Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

    Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      It's not just deaths that are of concern although obviously that is #1. But Long Covid is a serious concern even for those without pre-existing conditions. As wealthy as this country is there are plenty of people with s**t for health care and long term hospital stays could be financially crushing, and there are other downstream impacts. Never mind we should be doing all we can to reduce the development of variants. The lack of fortitude, foresight and seeing the big picture by the orcs is never short of amazing.
      Long COVID is going to be a pre-existing condition of its own.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

        Florida DoH reported why the descrepancy.
        https://twitter.com/HealthyFla/statu...18312748822547
        I would believe them...but I don't. Flo(R)ida has spent half the Pandemic lying about their numbers under orders from Leadership.

        edit: if you read the twitter responses you can see Flo(R)ida health appears to be playing hard and fast with this. The numbers match the CDC just reports it for 2 days while Flo(R)ida is dividing it over 3 days. At least that is what it looks like.
        Last edited by Handyman; 08-12-2021, 10:40 AM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

          Florida DoH reported why the descrepancy.
          https://twitter.com/HealthyFla/statu...18312748822547
          There was no "why" in that post. Just a "our numbers are different from the CDC's"
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

            There was no "why" in that post. Just a "our numbers are different from the CDC's"
            Sorry.
            Here's better with details.
            https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ing-cases.html
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

            North Dakota Hockey:

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              The numbers match the CDC just reports it for 2 days while Flo(R)ida is dividing it over 3 days. At least that is what it looks like.
              Yes. The claim is double counting of a day by CDC.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

              North Dakota Hockey:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

                Yes. The claim is double counting of a day by CDC.
                Maybe Florida should report daily? Just a thought.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • How is anybody* going to believe the Nazis after what they have done?

                  * Anybody not already lost.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    How is anybody* going to believe the Nazis after what they have done?

                    * Anybody not already lost.
                    I watched 15 minutes of Tucker Carlson on the Nazi Broadcast Network last night. They exist in a completely different reality than the rest of us.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

                      I watched 15 minutes of Tucker Carlson on the Nazi Broadcast Network last night. They exist in a completely different reality than the rest of us.
                      Are the Mets still in first there?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

                        Yes. The claim is double counting of a day by CDC.
                        It isn't double counting because the total number is what Flo(R)ida actually posted. The issue is that the "average" is higher because of the denominator. (again it is tough to tell as both sides are just screaming)

                        If I understand it right basically Flo(R)ida reported 56k new cases for Friday-Sunday. The CDC interpreted the data as just Saturday-Sunday. The CDC then had a 28k average for the weekend when in reality it would be less because of the extra day.

                        It is a clerical error but it changes nothing because there is still 56k new cases.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

                        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

                        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                          Maybe Florida should report daily? Just a thought.
                          The whole problem with the daily counting (which has pretty much existed since we started counting Covid cases and deaths) is that government and medical institutions have inconsistent work on the weekends. Government offices aren't open, or doing the book work, and hospital record keeping staff may be substantially different on the weekend.

                          You are much better off just looking at it on a weekly basis, imho.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            and hospital record keeping staff may be substantially different on the weekend.
                            How different are they that they define the concept of "death" differently? This isn't an umpire calling balls and strikes here.

                            Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                            KDR

                            Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                            Test to see if I can add this.

                            Comment


                            • Hovey means weekend staff may be more likely to falsify records to support conservative political narratives.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • https://twitter.com/RepJayapal/statu...64669118468100

                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

                                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

                                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X